Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 01-29-2011, 07:25 PM   #1
Katmancross

Default Kristoff Ligero Maduro Robusto

Name:  kristoff ligero maduro gun.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  96.8 KB
Well, I took some good advice and made sure I had a big meal in my gut before I smoked the Kristoff Ligero Maduro. I didn't with the Ligero Criollo and paid for it.
Went to KFC and ordered a 3 piece meal with extra lard. I chased the chicken pieces all over the room.
The stick is made of Olor Dominican and Nicaraguan longfillers. A Cuban seed Dominican binder and a Brazilian Maduro wrapper.
The prelight was a delightful espresso and cocoa. This tends to be typical with maduro.
Construction was good. Firm, no soft spots. But lots of veins.
Name:  kristoff ligero maduro zeke.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  97.1 KB
Ol' Zeke protecting a humidor. I file his teeth to a point every week.

I lit up and got an immediate sweep of sweet spice. This stick is 70% ligero. Hallucinations and then death by tobacco leaf.
The first inch is spice and then a big flow of very dark chocolate. Wow, this is good. These flavors are constant through the first third.
As the second third begins, the profile gets more complex. Dark cherry, toasted nuts, and cinnamon. I mean cymanon...no ciinabon....whatever. Alumnium...no alunimum. Ahhhhh.

The burn is perfect. All 5 of my Kristoffs had dead nuts perfect burns. No touch up required even once. That's nice for a change.
The second half, the creaminess and caramel kick in. Yikes. How you doin'? I'm doin' good.

I was informed that if I bite the pigtail off, I'd have less spreading of the end.
Name:  kristoff ligero maduro end.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  99.0 KB

It feels like I'm smoking a 3 course meal. Also, at this point, the strength is straight ahead medium body. The Ligero Criollo was already ripping my taste buds surgically from my mouth.

I get some dried fruit that I can't identify. It's not cherry. It's sweeter. Like antifreeze. Yum.
As I hit the last third, I get some strong dark coffee going on. It must be my coffee after the full meal. Cappuligero without foam.

As much as I liked the ligero criollo, I like this as much but in a different way. Sort of like the difference between my wife and her twin sister. Just slight differences....one moans, the other doesn't....when I smoke, that is.

I'm watching a very funny show with Italian comedians on Showtime and I'm getting no influence whatsoever for my review. Badda Bing!
I could write more, but then I would have to focus on writing and not enjoying this wonderful stick.
All those that want me to stop writing, say st.....