Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 03-16-2012, 10:07 AM   #81
mithrilG60
Feeling at Home

First Name: Geoff
Trading: (2)
Cuaba
mithrilG60 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: iPad 3 (The new iPad)

Out for Delivery as of 7:30AM.... why bother going to the store when UPS will bring it to my office
mithrilG60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:16 AM   #82
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Mine is at the house, but I am not. I'll get to love it in about an hour.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:58 AM   #83
mithrilG60
Feeling at Home

Cuaba

Mine will eventually show up at my desk since they're being delivered to my office... then my colleagues and I will "work" for a while comparing my old iPad2 to the new iPad that's replacing it.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:26 PM   #84
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

For some reason even with a phone call, Apple wouldn't let me pre-sign....so I am sitting at home, waiting for UPS.....
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:34 PM   #85
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

You have to download a form to presign, EJ.
Despite hanging out my form, the doofus ups guy wasn't going to leave it, my wife caught him.
I'm at another Dr. Appt and Weeze texted that my otterbox came.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:02 PM   #86
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
You have to download a form to presign, EJ.
Despite hanging out my form, the doofus ups guy wasn't going to leave it, my wife caught him.
I'm at another Dr. Appt and Weeze texted that my otterbox came.
When talking to them, they said that UPS wouldn't take the form??? I was going to download it....

It was delivered a few minutes ago... Wow....I'm surprised how heavy it is... Time to figure out what I bought....
Old 03-16-2012, 02:07 PM   #87
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Forgot to say, the UPS man ask me my last name as well.... First time that has ever happened to me...
Old 03-16-2012, 02:42 PM   #88
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

The new iPad is so much faster than my wife's original iPad! And a really cool thing is the dictation tool! I just used it to enter this message -- it works great! it's so cool!

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:51 PM   #89
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

I could not possibly be more pleased with this iPad. I'm using the dictation tool too!
My father-in-law is getting my first-generation iPad. He's so excited he's coming over tonight to pick it up.
I'm also very happy with the OtterBox cover except that the back cover doesn't have a notch cut out for the back camera, which doesn't make a lot of sense. I'll have to do that myself.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:19 PM   #90
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

This thing is so stinking awesome I can't believe it. Post done with the voice recognition what?
Old 03-17-2012, 02:03 AM   #91
mithrilG60
Feeling at Home

Cuaba

Well 1 of the 2 that were delivered on pre-order (my wife's) had an absolutely horrible screen, some sort of manufacturing defect I'd expect. It was bad enough that when I showed her both her new iPad and her old iPad2 on the same photo without telling her which was which she thought the iPad2 looked better. Went to my nearest local Apple store, where I've always had amazing service, to exchange it only to be told that the online and retail stock is treated completely differently and it needs to be replaced via AppleCare through the post. Apparently this is the case for ALL devices ordered online.

That has got to be the absolutely stupidest system I've ever heard, totally defeats the purpose if I live in a city with 4 Apples Stores and can't get any of them to service/replace my device under warranty if needed. Apparently Apple has learned it's lesson about retail stock though because at 8PM on launch day they still had available stock for all 6 models. Bought 2 new iPad's in the store and will be calling AppleCare tomorrow morning to arrange for a return of the two I pre-ordered. Also decided to purchase the 32gb models instead of the 16's after seeing how much more space the pics off my D200 use now that the iPad can display them at much closer to their native 10megapixel resolution.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:42 PM   #92
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Picked up a Otter Box Defender today.... Heading to Cancun, worried about the Little One dropping it on a tile floor in the room.... Not sure if it will make a difference, but it makes me feel better....
Old 03-23-2012, 10:50 PM   #93
maconusmile

Gotta have one now!
Old 03-30-2012, 12:47 PM   #94
MrClean
Bald Man

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (28)
Montecristo
MrClean is a jewel in the roughMrClean is a jewel in the roughMrClean is a jewel in the rough

I'm not an Apple hater per se, but I've avoided drinking the koolaid for a long time. I've had iPods for years but avoided the rest. I've been looking at tablets for awhile now and I love the retina display. I'm an android user and love the OS. Well for our anniversary, my wife wanted a new iPod and doesn't like touch screens. We have an Apple store in town and I went over there to get her the iPod classic and to play around with the new iPad some more.
Now I'm typing this message with my new iPad. I'm chugging the koolaid and I love it!
Old 03-30-2012, 01:21 PM   #95
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
I could not possibly be more pleased with this iPad. I'm using the dictation tool too!
My father-in-law is getting my first-generation iPad. He's so excited he's coming over tonight to pick it up.
I'm also very happy with the OtterBox cover except that the back cover doesn't have a notch cut out for the back camera, which doesn't make a lot of sense. I'll have to do that myself.
That's a pretty serious endorsement from the pickiest man alive
Old 03-30-2012, 06:35 PM   #96
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth View Post
That's a pretty serious endorsement from the pickiest man alive
I know, right?
Old 03-30-2012, 07:32 PM   #97
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

My only complaint is the battery life - started the day at 100% and I'm down to 39% right now. I read and posted on CA a few times, checked my email using the iPad client and read a couple of short stories with the Kindle app...

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:21 PM   #98
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Still thinking this thing kicks... Serious time killer while I have done nothing but kill time/screw off/do nothing on vacation.... No to mention it is easier to communicate with family than my phone......

Thumbs up!
Old 03-31-2012, 01:05 AM   #99
mithrilG60
Feeling at Home

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarNut View Post
My only complaint is the battery life - started the day at 100% and I'm down to 39% right now. I read and posted on CA a few times, checked my email using the iPad client and read a couple of short stories with the Kindle app...
For what it's worth I don't find the battery life on my 3rd gen iPad any worse that it was on my iPad2. Between email, books and web browsing I probably use mine between 2 or 3 hours a day and between work and home it's hooked onto a wifi hotspot 95% of the time (mine is a wifi only model). I charge mine over night on average every 3 or 4 days, same as my iPad2. To be fair I don't game or watch video very often, but the only time I saw anything like the battery life you describe was last year in Cuba when I had no wifi access and forgot to turn off my email fetch and push. Because the attempts to check email were constantly timing out my battery wouldn't last a days worth of reading by the pool, as soon as I disabled email check though battery life went back to normal.

It might be worth making an appointment at the Genius Bar if you have an Apple Store close by. Unless there's a setting you're not aware of that's killing your battery off, battery life this poor should warrant a replacement device IMHO
Old 03-31-2012, 01:10 AM   #100
Zeuceone
You're next

First Name: G
Trading: (16)
LGC
Zeuceone has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. View Post
For some reason even with a phone call, Apple wouldn't let me pre-sign....so I am sitting at home, waiting for UPS.....
I bet you would be happy to come home and it not be there???
Zeuceone is offline   Reply With Quote