Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 01-11-2014, 12:26 PM   #21
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Critters that kill just to kill

Feral dogs absolutely kill for the sake of killing. So do neighbor dogs when they get out and pack up. I've lost lots of birds to dog attacks, they'll kill everything they can get ahold of.
Fox are different. They'll kill a small group, eat niblets, then take their meal to high ground to eat. It's like they just want to taste stuff until they get the right dinner.
Fortunately, they're all inherently greedy.
A guinea hen or three in a wire cage at night will bring everything from a hundred miles.
Done deal.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:59 PM   #22
stitch
Saddle Maker And Cowboy

Trading: (34)
MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
stitch is just really nicestitch is just really nicestitch is just really nicestitch is just really nice

This just keeps getting more interesting, There have been two wolf sightings, Confirmed because of the color of radio collars they wore ... Less than 12 miles from our ranch, And I have come upon some very large canine prints.
I'm not an expert on wolf prints so I'm taking pictures I took of them into Springerville tomorrow to have them looked at by some people who are experts.
And being as we do live in what the USF&W considers prime wolf habitat, We'll see.
Frigging bunny huggers, Greenie Weenies and the USF&W service and their Damned Wolf reintroduction program ... PEOPLE Before WOLVES !
Any one who has never lived around these animals but wants them released back into the wild should have them in THEIR back yard before they FORCE me to have them in my back yard.
Think I'm wrong ? ... Look up http://www.catroncounty.net/wolfhotline/pets.htm And http://www.catroncounty.net/wolfhotline/articles.htm
Catron County New Mexico is 40 miles east of us, Wolves can travel well over 50 miles a day.
Ok, Rant over ... My apologies Brothers.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:16 AM   #23
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

You're right on, brother!
Old 01-20-2014, 06:12 PM   #24
stitch
Saddle Maker And Cowboy

stitch is just really nicestitch is just really nicestitch is just really nicestitch is just really nice

Pictures confirmed by 5 separate people ... Wolf Tracks.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:55 PM   #25
kydsid
Ditat Deus

First Name: Jason
Trading: (46)
kydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nice

Stitch lookup your local USDA Wildlife Services office and give them a call. They help ranchers all the time.
kydsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:11 PM   #26
stitch
Saddle Maker And Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kydsid View Post
Stitch lookup your local USDA Wildlife Services office and give them a call. They help ranchers all the time.
I've already been in contact with USF&W Service, AZ Game & Fish and BLM
And so far it's your typical bureaucratic "Hurry up and Wait"
These tracks were looked at by five area Expert trackers, Two of whom are of the White Mountain Apache Tribe ... All five of them said Wolf.
Our experience up here for the last few years has been that the Fed's really don't care ... they drag their feet, pick their noses and in the end do nothing.
I've seen it time and time again.

Old 01-20-2014, 09:11 PM   #27
kydsid
Ditat Deus

kydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nice

Sorry that you havent got the response you expected and deserve but I still suggest you call them. Predator control is a primary function of APHIS Wildlife Services. I can call the FBI to report smuggling but they won't be as interested as ICE.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:42 PM   #28
stitch
Saddle Maker And Cowboy

The Mexican Grey Wolf program in Arizona is administered by the USF&W service, The Mexican Grey is considered a "Sub Species" and is protected under the endangered species act ... The only agency's that can investigate and do any thing about it are US Fish & Wild Life or AZ game & fish ... I filed reports and left photo's with Game & fish ... We'll see ... but I'm VERY familiar with how they work, We've been dealing with them over this issue for years now.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:21 PM   #29
kydsid
Ditat Deus

I'm very familiar with Gray Wolf and Mexican Wolf issues. You are wrong when you say the only agencies that can investigate and do anything about either is USFWS and AzF&G. Please call the agency I'm referring you too. Managing predator and rancher interactions is what they do. If you are having a problem they can help. If they are not involved they should be as they are already managing gray wolves elsewhere.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:32 AM   #30
8zeros
What's this button do?

First Name: Roger
Trading: (0)
8zeros will become famous soon enough

No reason to stop hunting the feral dogs either. They really shouldn't be there.
Henry Repeating Rifles came out with a .45-70 that's USA made which may be my next gun.
Old 01-21-2014, 04:10 PM   #31
stitch
Saddle Maker And Cowboy

Ok, I'll look up the USDA and give them a try, see what they say.
USF&W would have you believe that their "Biologist's" are the only ones who can talk about wolves let alone do any thing about them ... I'll give it a try.
And NO WAY am going stop getting rid of the feral dog's ... They are BAD News, Worse than the wolves in some ways.
Old 01-21-2014, 04:17 PM   #32
stitch
Saddle Maker And Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8zeros View Post
No reason to stop hunting the feral dogs either. They really shouldn't be there.
Henry Repeating Rifles came out with a .45-70 that's USA made which may be my next gun.
The 45-70 is awesome ! ... I prefer the Marlin due to the fact that it can handle higher pressure loads, Just like a Ruger Black Hawk in 45LC can handle 45 colt loads that perform at 44 mag levels ... The 45-70 will put a hurt on a T-Rex at 150 yards ... It's only draw back is out beyond 150 yards it has the trajectory of a 155mm Howitzer ... Kind of like a rain bow.
But hey, at my age I can't see 150 yards any more so who cares.