Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 05-12-2015, 10:24 AM   #121
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all
Default Re: Tom Brady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave128 View Post
What were they at half time for the Patriots? Isn't that what started this entire debacle?
I've read the report and they were low. One of the problems is that the pressures measured before the game weren't recorded. Furthermore, the two gauges gave different readings as one had a bent needle. Maybe they did, maybe they didn't, but the sloppy evidence and low standard of proof remain inconclusive. The report in PDF is below:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...,d.b2w&cad=rja

Last edited by Subvet642; 05-12-2015 at 10:31 AM.
Subvet642 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 11:47 AM   #122
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

First Name: John
Trading: (0)
RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

What a bag job..this was a set up and the Colts were in on it.That alone violates NFL rules.

Tom did not have to give up his cell phone all the phones that were given up belonged to the Patriots..so if Tom text them it would be on the company phones.

They got nothing, Krafty Bob is pissed and heads will roll!!!

This is not over by a longshot.
Old 05-12-2015, 12:30 PM   #123
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation
Red face Re: Tom Brady

A murderer, a cheater and a liar show up at a bar.
One bartender looks at the other and says "the Patriots are in town".
Old 05-12-2015, 01:16 PM   #124
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
If only we could be so passionate about real issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subvet642 View Post
Justice is a real issue, Admiral. If we continue to accept lower and lower standards of it that's just what we'll get; that's why I'm so passionate about it. The news has been filled with reports of people convicted of murder being released because they've been exonerated by DNA evidence. Those people were convicted by a pretty high standard, "beyond a reasonable doubt" and that standard failed as well. Innocent people lost decades of their lives. If we expect justice for ourselves we must be scrupulous about defending it in all cases, no matter how small. Eternal vigilance, as Jefferson said.
While I understand the point you are trying to make, Darren, I would hardly equate people on death row with their life in the balance to an NFL quarterback who makes 20 mil a year bring suspended for 4 games. That is what I meant by "real" issues.

And as has been pointed out for others, Brady isn't subject to any criminal penalties for the alleged indiscretion, so the burden of prove would be preponderance of the evidence, rather than the "beyond a reasonable doubt" of said murder suspects.

No real horse in this race, just mildly amused how wound up people on both sides get about a sports issue like this. Reminds me of the Cubs-White Sox people.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 01:44 PM   #125
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Quote:
While I understand the point you are trying to make, Darren, I would hardly equate people on death row with their life in the balance to an NFL quarterback who makes 20 mil a year bring suspended for 4 games. That is what I meant by "real" issues.

And as has been pointed out for others, Brady isn't subject to any criminal penalties for the alleged indiscretion, so the burden of prove would be preponderance of the evidence, rather than the "beyond a reasonable doubt" of said murder suspects.

No real horse in this race, just mildly amused how wound up people on both sides get about a sports issue like this. Reminds me of the Cubs-White Sox people.
My point above is that even high standards of proof fail. The standard of proof as displayed in the report doesn't rise above playground justice as it was based solely on the investigation, not a tribunal of any sort where both sides get to present evidence to an impartial adjudicator. It would be like the police deciding the guilt and punishment of whom they arrest. In this case the investigator, judge and jury were invested in a single entity. I think that's spooky on any level. He won't get paid during the suspension so four games adds up to 5 million dollars. The Constitution says:... nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law... While it may not be a criminal penalty, It sure looks like one. Hell, the IRS has a higher standard.

Last edited by Subvet642; 05-12-2015 at 01:59 PM.
Subvet642 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 02:13 PM   #126
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Hope he can still live on that 15 million he has left.

We just have different thoughts on how important this is in the grand scheme of things, but I don't begrudge you your feelings, Darren. If they suspended Jonathan Toews for scuffing pucks, I'd probably have an aneurism.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 02:31 PM   #127
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

How about the 50+ un-investigated abuse charges against NFL players, I think I've heard enough about Tom's balls.

….
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 02:52 PM   #128
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueface View Post
A murderer, a cheater and a liar show up at a bar.
One bartender looks at the other and says "the Patriots are in town".
now THAT'S funny!!!!
Old 05-12-2015, 03:26 PM   #129
JohnnyFlake
Just an old Wiseguy!

Trading: (18)
HUpmann Army
JohnnyFlake has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyFlake has a spectacular aura about

Hey guys, you all need to clam down!

What difference does it now make! That's a quote.

It is what it is now and then what it will be, after the appeals are heard!
Old 05-12-2015, 04:10 PM   #130
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Hey everybody:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKxr2PJ06Y4
Old 05-12-2015, 04:21 PM   #131
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Local DJ said if they really wanted to punish people they would force Brady to play for Cleveland and Bill should have to coach the Jags.
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 04:23 PM   #132
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua View Post
Local DJ said if they really wanted to punish people they would force Brady to play for Cleveland and Bill should have to coach the Jags.
Screw that. Send Bill back to Cleveland with him.
Old 05-12-2015, 05:04 PM   #133
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

I think just for Darren et. al, the investigators should be granted subpoena power so they can get Tom's phone records, get all his texts related to this over the last 24 months. Put Tom, the EQM, the other cat & a few others in front of a grand jury and see how it shakes out.

I'm sure that Tom, his agent, the Pats ect. all would prefer the truth come out and clear Tom & the franchises name. Sure we'd see some "proof" then...unless this is a witch hunt...
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 05:10 PM   #134
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. View Post
I think just for Darren et. al, the investigators should be granted subpoena power so they can get Tom's phone records, get all his texts related to this over the last 24 months. Put Tom, the EQM, the other cat & a few others in front of a grand jury and see how it shakes out.

I'm sure that Tom, his agent, the Pats ect. all would prefer the truth come out and clear Tom & the franchises name. Sure we'd see some "proof" then...unless this is a witch hunt...
You are right, except I think he may have used a private server and everything has been destroyed.
I may have facts confused.
Old 05-12-2015, 05:27 PM   #135
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Ray Rice?
Michael Vick, branching out.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 05:46 PM   #136
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

Trading: (0)
RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

Brady is going to war..this guy kicks the NFL's ass!!
http://www.csnne.com/new-england-pat...for-legal-team
Old 05-12-2015, 05:48 PM   #137
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
Tom Brady could do that better even with deflated breasts.
Old 05-12-2015, 05:53 PM   #138
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
It is not I who is in the crucifixion business; you seem to have that well covered already.
Funny, I don't recall commenting one way or the other on this, "issue" but merely your overreaction to it.
Old 05-12-2015, 05:57 PM   #139
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua View Post

(Yes, sadly enough I vaguely remember watching this show as a young kid. Don't judge me!)
Old 05-12-2015, 06:00 PM   #140
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

Quote:
My point above is that even high standards of proof fail. The standard of proof as displayed in the report doesn't rise above playground justice as it was based solely on the investigation, not a tribunal of any sort where both sides get to present evidence to an impartial adjudicator. It would be like the police deciding the guilt and punishment of whom they arrest. In this case the investigator, judge and jury were invested in a single entity. I think that's spooky on any level. He won't get paid during the suspension so four games adds up to 5 million dollars. The Constitution says:... nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law... While it may not be a criminal penalty, It sure looks like one. Hell, the IRS has a higher standard.
Okay...Where was your beef with all this during Bountygate?