Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 12-30-2012, 07:10 PM   #1
meatcake
Meaty Cakey Goodness

First Name: Brandon
Trading: (0)
RA
meatcake is on a distinguished road
Default Meatcake's Take: Cain F Lancero (a Meme-Verbal Review)

So here is a concept I have that I have used before and it seems to be kind of fun. As we all know, the web and television have fractured how we view things! Everything in our life is done in quick bite sizes. Fast food, Fast Cuts in Movies, Fast Cars, Fast Women, Fast LIFE!! So I have decided to take that concept and add it to my reviews. I figure the internet MEME is the fastest way to convey an idea effectively so I will do 2 reviews.

1st review is the Meme review, for those folks with the limited attention span and just want to know if the cigar was good or not...Look at the Meme review and move on.

2nd review is the Verbal Version, for those folks that want a little more detail, a little more meat on the bone. Hope you enjoy this concept. If you do, please post up. If not, I will just stick to regular reviews.

CAIN F LANCERO!! The name says it all! BOLD! KICKASS! Review to follow!!

Cain F Lancer: The Meme Review

Vitola: Lancero
Size: 7 x 38
Wrapper: Nicaraguan Habano
Binder: Nicaraguan
Filler: Nicaragua

1st Third:

2nd Third:

Last Third:

Cain F Lancer: The Verbal Review

Vitola: Lancero
Size: 7 x 38
Wrapper: Nicaraguan Habano
Binder: Nicaraguan
Filler: Nicaragua

Pre-Light:

Well today my Nephew (who is a 3 tour in Afghanistan Marine)was in town to visit and he wanted to smoke a STRONG cigar and chill. So we headed to one of my favorite b&m's and lucky for me, they still had a few of these bad boys left. So I picked two up and we smoked them together. Now, my nephew being a Marine likes extreme things and when I told him that this cigar would kick his F'ing Ass...he said "Oh hell no...bring it on fart tard!!!"
The cigar comes in a cool metal tube and looks darn beautiful. The wrapper has minimal veins and it smells like spice wrapped in pepper and kickassness (is that a word...no? Well it is now!! Add THAT Wiki!!!)

1st Third:
I will be honest...this is my FIRST Cain cigar. I have heard they are very stout but I had a good meal so I was up to the challenge. From the get go, this is teaming with pepper and leather. LOVE it!! My nephew was similarly happy with the initial flavor profile! It was bold in the way that a shotgun blast to the face is bold. He mentioned that he might like to torture his recruits with this cigar. That speaks volumes to the level of kickassery we were experiencing here!
The ash was nice and white and held on like a champ! I mentioned to him "this is a lancero, so you have to smoke it slower than other cigars...." to which he responded "F**K your face I am smoking this like a Marine, you do what you want Nancy-boy!!!"
I smoked it slower than him, but he still loved it anyway!

Retrohale: Pretty much spice mixed with leather and some earth notes.

2nd Third:
Cocoa and leather dominated the second half along with a bit of cedar. When I asked my nephew if he was getting any complexity out of it he looked at me sideways and said "Get me a beer or I will stab you in the face!!"
Ok, he didn't really say that, but I did step him through my process and he said he really was enjoying the retrohale. He isn't a big cigar smoker but he really liked this cigar which is awesome!! I also was really loving the power, coupled with the amount of flavor that i was getting. At this point, I was looking on my phone at the devil site (cbid) for deals on Cain cigars!

Retrohale: Leather and spice, with hints of cedar and chocolate.

Last Third:
I wasn't expecting any more complexity out of this given its power, but the Cain F Lancero surprised me with nutty hints but an overall power play was had by the pepper and cocoa flavors. The power did pick up in the end but never to the point where I felt I had to put it down. It took me a good 2 hours to finish this cigar. My nephew finished in 1.5 and started on his 2nd cigar (Oliva V) while I finished this one.
The ash really impressed me with its color and stamina. I was very surprised that it stuck around as long as it did.

Retrohale: Pretty much all leather and spice, but in a good way!

Final Thoughts:

Wow, this cigar kicked my butt with its blasts of bold flavor and full flavor profile. I will most definitely pick up a few more and try more of the Cain line!
Oh, and this cigar is Marine approved! Oorah!!
meatcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:29 PM   #2
big_jaygee
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Jason
Trading: (59)
big_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Meatcake's Take: Cain F Lancero (a Meme-Verbal Review)

great review... am i going to be the only one that like the meme review? oh well i like the "wordy ones as well"

i might have to grab a couple of those and give it a go
big_jaygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:47 PM   #3
Zane
Have My Own Room

First Name: Zane
Trading: (23)
Bolivar
Zane has a spectacular aura aboutZane has a spectacular aura aboutZane has a spectacular aura about

Great Review!

COO BlindMan's Puff
Zane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:48 PM   #4
the jiggler
¡taste my pirate paddy!

First Name: Craig
Trading: (24)
the jiggler has a spectacular aura aboutthe jiggler has a spectacular aura aboutthe jiggler has a spectacular aura about

+1 for the meme.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:21 PM   #5
TJtorpedo
Feeling at Home

First Name: Tim
Trading: (4)
Cohiba
TJtorpedo is on a distinguished road

I don't think I've ever read a cigar review that made me laugh out loud before. Good stuff!