Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 03-17-2015, 04:35 PM   #21
TomF
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Tom
Trading: (1)
LGC
TomF is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Rehumidifying old cigars

OK, an update -

I dumped all of the old cigars. You were right, on close examination they were worthless, completely hard and dry. For a moment I considered making sachets out of them because they smelled so good, cedar from sitting in the humidor for 20 years, but any stress at all and they just disintegrated, so out they went.

So I'm re-seasoning the humidor, I've got a good hydrometer/thermometer that I took out of one of my guitar cases and it's dead nuts according to the salt test so I'll use that in the humidor. I've got the XiKar thing in there now along with about a dozen singles I bought yesterday at my local tobacconist, and I have beads on order that'll be here this week, so I'm off to the races. Now I just need some more cigars.

The singles? A couple of H. Upmann 1844 Reserves, a couple of Punch Rare Corojos, a couple of Hemmingway Short Stories, an Oliva Series V, some kind of CAO, and the two Cohiba Siglo III's that my son brought from down south.

Thanks for your comments, they were very helpful...see ya's around...
TomF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 04:46 PM   #22
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Good move, Tom, hope you stick with it this time, and stick around....we can be a fun bunch if you get past our smell.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 04:53 PM   #23
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Good move, Tom, hope you stick with it this time, and stick around....we can be a fun bunch if you get past our smell.
Easier said than done.

Oh, maybe you meant Nevermind.
Old 03-17-2015, 05:21 PM   #24
TomF
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (1)
LGC
TomF is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I figured why take up all this space in my humidor with dubious cigars that I will need to wait at least a year to even try.

I have a lot of catching up to do. So many new cigars out there, and I want to try a lot of new ones.
TomF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 05:33 PM   #25
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomF View Post
Yeah, I figured why take up all this space in my humidor with dubious cigars that I will need to wait at least a year to even try.

I have a lot of catching up to do. So many new cigars out there, and I want to try a lot of new ones.
Whee!!!!!!
Old 03-18-2015, 06:18 AM   #26
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomF View Post

You should check out the Newbie Sampler Trade. It's a great way to get some new sticks to try and also ease into how trading goes here. Also, once you've been around the forum for a little bit some new areas will open up to you, including the Buy/Sell/Trade area. In there is a Simple Pay-It-Forward thread and a Make-a-Wish/Pay-It-Forward thread. These are also great ways to get some new sticks to try.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:48 AM   #27
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

Welcome, Tom. It's good to see another guy that doesn't know what to do with all his money. The world of cigar smoking (collecting) can be quite fun. Nice selection you have posted above, a really good place to start. Enjoy yourself and post often.