Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 02-20-2015, 07:38 AM   #1
CigarSquid
AKA Garryyjr

First Name: Garry
Trading: (39)
CigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura about
Default What to bring?

Is there anyone else with the same trouble I have? I am leaving today for a softball tournament and I can't decide on which smokes to take with me.

I have this trouble when ever I leave for a weekend or vacation. Next month, I have to try to figure out what I want to bring to work for a week's long trip.

I am asking for your on how you decide. I normally sit and stare at the cooler for a couple minutes , then just start tossing some sticks into my travel case...
Old 02-20-2015, 08:21 AM   #2
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

First Name: Tim
Trading: (52)
Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What to bring?

I grab two to three times what I need of a mixed selection because I don't know what I'll be in the mood for until I'm in the mood for it.
A weeklong trip means I pack about 45 sticks for the 20 or so that'll actually get smoked.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:27 AM   #3
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

I grab a variety and usually about twice what I'll need, so I can share if the occasion arises.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:08 PM   #4
matt0278
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Matthew
Trading: (0)
matt0278 is on a distinguished road

Most of the time I bring enough to keep myself occupied just in case, but I try to make it a point to seek out a B&M wherever I am and pick up a few sticks that I've never tried before. That being said, I'm looking forward to visiting neptune cigars next week in ft Lauderdale next week thanks to recommendations in another thread!!! And good luck with the tournament!
matt0278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 12:26 PM   #5
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Where are you traveling for this tourney? If you are staying in state, then the above advise seems sound. But if you are going someplace where the prices and taxes on cigars are significantly lower than Oregon's you might consider traveling light and obtaining your preferred sticks locally.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:30 PM   #6
RWhisenand
Feeling at Home

First Name: Rob
Trading: (7)
Punch AirForce (Served With Honor)
RWhisenand will become famous soon enough

I have a travel humi that holds about 15 sticks plus, Cutter, lighter, and Bovida pack. When I travel I usually bring what I consider my "middle" sticks. I don't want my top shelf cigars to get damaged by being knocked around, but I want some decent sticks for when I get there. I usually also bring some for non smokers who might want to try a smoke, this way I have some to offer.
Old 02-20-2015, 01:09 PM   #7
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I have 3 different sized travel humis and just keep them stuffed full of smokes.
Then I do what Tim said. Just grab the size humi for where I'm going.
I make sure there's lighters and a cutter in there so I'm all set, no surprises.

I only keep stuff I like, so there's always something that'll work. It helps me get back to old favorites, too.
Old 02-20-2015, 01:58 PM   #8
CigarSquid
AKA Garryyjr

First Name: Garry
Trading: (39)
CigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura about

I do keep things I like.. That is why it is hard to pick what I want.

I try to think of where I am going and what sounds good at that place. This weekend I will be on the Oregon Coast... 60ish degrees.

I have brought 10, for me use and some other ones for the guys who only smoke when I bring them.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:45 AM   #9
c2000
Sex Addict

Trading: (0)
Navy (Served With Honor)
c2000 is on a distinguished road

Softball Tournament? We are still doing the polar plunge here.......

Jerry in Minnesota.