Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 08-10-2013, 11:16 AM   #1
BlackDog
Gonna make you groove...

First Name: Warren
Trading: (19)
BlackDog is a jewel in the roughBlackDog is a jewel in the roughBlackDog is a jewel in the rough
Default Front Pocket Wallets

I want to get a front pocket wallet. I quit carrying a hip pocket and have been carrying stuff in my front pocket with a big paper clip, which isn't working out as I've dropped things here and there. For those of you who carry a front wallet pocket, what do you recommend? Any favorites?
Old 08-10-2013, 11:36 AM   #2
Buckeye Jack
Havana Daydreamin'

First Name: Jack
Trading: (34)
HUpmann
Buckeye Jack has a spectacular aura aboutBuckeye Jack has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Front Pocket Wallets

The one I have carried for about 8 years now is made by fossil, but a lot of companies make the style. It has two pockets on each side, and one pocked in between those two sides. Currently I have about 10 cards in it plus some folded bills in the middle section. Love this style!

Here is a pic of a similar one:
Name:  bosca201945_115056_lg.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  7.6 KB
Buckeye Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:42 AM   #3
MrClean
Bald Man

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (28)
Montecristo
MrClean is a jewel in the roughMrClean is a jewel in the roughMrClean is a jewel in the rough

My wife got me a small wallet, I'm sure it has a name, but I'm not sure what it's called. She actually found it at the Coach outlet. It was $45, but it is definitely durable and I really like it. One side has a money clip and the other has 2 slots for cards. It works in my front or back pocket. I've had it for 3 years now and it's just starting to show wear on the corners, a real quality built product. I have about 4-5 cards in each slot and receipts in the middle pocket.
Here is a link to it if you're interested Coach Wallet
I'd never pay $78 for it, but at $45, it was money well spent in my opinion.
Old 08-10-2013, 12:05 PM   #4
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Why don't you just walk backwards?
Old 08-11-2013, 06:25 PM   #5
lilninjabuddy
Cigar Ninja

First Name: Derek
Trading: (2)
Montecristo
lilninjabuddy is on a distinguished road

I carry a Tumi card case...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008OH...sr=8-6&pi=SL75

Under $30, and perfect. I keep copies of my insurance, health insurance, prescription benefits, etc as secure files on my phone, so I only have to carry my drivers license on the one side, two credit cards on the other, and my ATM card and a couple business cards in the middle.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:48 PM   #6
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

I fold a credit card and driver's license in a credit card sleeve inside my bills and put it in my back pocket.
LUCKILY I have not lost it yet.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:20 AM   #7
MurphysLaw
Anything can go wrong

First Name: Brian
Partagas
MurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really nice

I have a Saddleback Leather ID wallet that I love, they have a couple options that will fit your needs. Their customer service is top notch, prices are reasonable, and they have a 100 year warranty.
MurphysLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:10 AM   #8
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

I currently carry a fairly packed bifold in my front pocket, although I intend to try and make something else in the near future.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:42 AM   #9
BlackDog
Gonna make you groove...

First Name: Warren
BlackDog is a jewel in the roughBlackDog is a jewel in the roughBlackDog is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphysLaw View Post
I have a Saddleback Leather ID wallet that I love, they have a couple options that will fit your needs. Their customer service is top notch, prices are reasonable, and they have a 100 year warranty.
The Saddleback ID wallet is the one I am currently leaning towards. I hear nothing but positive reviews. I only need to carry my license, debit card, insurance card, and cash, so I think that one would work great. I like that it's sort of minimalist, but will last a lifetime.

Old 08-12-2013, 09:22 AM   #10
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Can't go wrong with a fanny pack!
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:24 AM   #11
skullnrose
Ashes,ashes,all fall down

First Name: Scott
Trading: (16)
HUpmann
skullnrose is on a distinguished road

I tried the Saddleback but needed one to hold slightly more. It holds up decently but i'm sure not as well as the saddleback.
http://www.amazon.com/Dopp-Regatta-S...ds=wallet+dopp
Old 08-12-2013, 09:35 AM   #12
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all

http://www.umbra.com/ustore/product/460330-334.store
These are pretty cool. My wife got one in pink for business cards a couple years ago. I have a couple in different colors. Slim, RFID blocking (I assume, because they are aluminum) and enough to carry minimalist stuff. Depends on how cash dependent you are.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:52 AM   #13
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphysLaw View Post
I'm thinking I might buy the slim wallet. I have been front pocket for years, but never found one that was slim enough yet held everything I need. This might be just the one to work for me. 100 year warranty for $48 isn't bad either.
Old 08-12-2013, 11:29 AM   #14
Commander Quan
Feeling at Home

First Name: Derrick
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
Commander Quan has a spectacular aura aboutCommander Quan has a spectacular aura about

I have a Saddleback briefcase, and have been eying their wallets and belts for the last year. Heck I've been eying all of Dave's products.
Commander Quan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:58 AM   #15
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

A friend of mine had this wallet and I started using it:

It holds everything I need (and more). They are relatively inexpensive -- which is good since I end up replacing them about every year or so. It's not obvious from the picture above, but there is an outside window pocket for your drivers license.

They can be found here:

http://www.amazon.com/Womans-Womens-...=buxton+wallet

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:44 PM   #16
Buckeye Jack
Havana Daydreamin'

First Name: Jack
Trading: (34)
HUpmann
Buckeye Jack has a spectacular aura aboutBuckeye Jack has a spectacular aura about

The saddleback ID pictured above is very similar to what I carry (and described above), except it has two slots on both sides instead of two on one and an ID pocket on the other. I find the extra pocket is a must for me.
Buckeye Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:58 PM   #17
MurphysLaw
Anything can go wrong

First Name: Brian
Partagas
MurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDog View Post
The Saddleback ID wallet is the one I am currently leaning towards. I hear nothing but positive reviews. I only need to carry my license, debit card, insurance card, and cash, so I think that one would work great. I like that it's sort of minimalist, but will last a lifetime.
I carry my DL, CCW, debit, 3 credit cards, insurance card, and a Costco membership card, plus cash (I found folding it into thirds works best for me. Also there is another slot behind the ID window that doesnt show in the pic you posted. I think I convinced a buddy of mine to make the switch to the Saddleback ID this weekend after comparing his George Costanza bifold to what I carry.
MurphysLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:25 PM   #18
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

I've used this for the past 4-5 years....maybe more? http://www.fossil.com/webapp/wcs/sto...Path=ML3235001 Works great. Holds my drivers license, AMEX, Visa and cash....which is all I ever need. Sometimes it will hold a business card for a bit.

I look at the George from Seinfeld wallets and wonder, what they are carrying and why they need it. Then again, I think the same thing with whatever purse my wife may be carrying around.....
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote