Old 07-19-2009, 03:16 PM   #1
BFallehy
Feeling at Home

First Name: Brian
Trading: (12)
RA
BFallehy will become famous soon enough
Default Pulled Pork and Coleslaw Sandwitches

Hey everyone, I made some pulled pork and coleslaw sandwitches for the last herf and since alot of people seemed to like the combo I thought I would post up the recipe here for people to try, judge, or comment upon.

I do my pulled pork in a slow cooker, don't have a smoker nor a backyard for a smoker so...
First I get a pork shoulder and use a dry rub.
Dry Rub:
Cayanne pepper
Paprika
Garlic powder
Sea Salt
Black pepper
White pepper
for those who know how to make dry rub this is not a problem, but since I didn't know when I first started to do it I figured I would put this in.
I blend it all together and the coat the pork in it. It is best to let it rest a little and get some of the moister off of it on the outside so that the dry rub doesn't clump to bad when you put it on.
After you cover the whole pork shoulder wrap it in tin foil and let it rest in the fridge for about a day or two. Not so necesary but if you can let it rest for a couple of days it gets the rub to sink in a little more.
When it is time to cook, just put the pork in the slow cooker and set it for 7 hours on low and 1 hour on high.
Now if the pork shoulder came with a nice layer of fat on one side, most of mine usualy do, I like to peal that off after it is done cooking. The fat doesn't shred well and just makes the pulled pork too sloppy and doesn't taste right with all the fat.
You will want to drain the liquid from the slow cooker before you pulled the pork, then add bbq sauce and shred the pork. I really like sweet baby rays bbq sauce, the sweet and spicy goes realy well with this dish.

Now the coleslaw is not a regular type. When I am making it for a party I use two bags of coleslaw mix, I don't use the dressing I make my own.
The dressing is:
soy sauce
rice wine viniger
seseme seed oil
honey
cayanne pepper
garlic powder
brown suger
Mix it all with the coleslaw mix and you are done.
I wish could give you measurements but I don't cook that way.
I hope you all like this and let me know what you think of the recipe.
BFallehy is offline   Reply With Quote