Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 03-23-2009, 01:14 AM   #1
Stonewall

Default Hygrometer Calibration Kit

I purchased a Boveda one step calibration kit for the hygrometer in december and opend it on the 23 of December, it states on the kit it is good for 3 months. So 3 months would be up on the 23rd of this. I bought an Xicar hygrometer today and stuck it into the bag. I am going to leave it there for three days to see where it is. I guess what I am asking is does this kit really expire? I mean it is just salt and water I am sure it is not bad right now or by the 24 wich will be three days.What do you guys think am I good?
Thanks Josh
Old 03-23-2009, 06:58 AM   #2
md4958
Captain Cannoli

First Name: Moe
Trading: (62)
HUpmann
md4958 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hygrometer Calibration Kit

i think that. like eggs, you still have a bit after expiration that the packet will still be good. Not sure if youre gonna get a 4th month out of it, but maybe another week.

Youve kept it sealed since you first used it right?

"One fart can foul the air for everyone" - Esteemed philosopher
"If avoiding the nasty $hit is being a snob, them I am guilty as charged."- Same esteemed philosopher.
md4958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:42 AM   #3
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of

If it feels hard and not really squishy anymore pitch it. Are you using this for calibration purposes only or for humidification as well?
DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:13 AM   #4
Stonewall

Quote:
Originally Posted by md4958 View Post
i think that. like eggs, you still have a bit after expiration that the packet will still be good. Not sure if youre gonna get a 4th month out of it, but maybe another week.

Youve kept it sealed since you first used it right?
DPD6030
Michigan MH

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (46)

Re: Hygrometer Calibration Kit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If it feels hard and not really squishy anymore pitch it. Are you using this for calibration purposes only or for humidification as well?

I have kept it sealed the whole time, and it is still squishy I have only used it for calabration of bolth of my hygrometer's and not my humidor. I got up this morning and it is sitting at 75% RH so I think I am pretty good but I am going to let it set until tomorrow!
Thanks for looking Josh
Old 03-23-2009, 08:15 AM   #5
md4958
Captain Cannoli

First Name: Moe
Trading: (62)
HUpmann
md4958 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
I have kept it sealed the whole time, and it is still squishy I have only used it for calabration of bolth of my hygrometer's and not my humidor. I got up this morning and it is sitting at 75% RH so I think I am pretty good but I am going to let it set until tomorrow!
Thanks for looking Josh
you should be good Josh.... but I would agree with you waiting till tomorrow. Also, you can quote somebody just by clicking "quote" on the bottom right portion of thier post. to quote more than one post, click on the " button next to quote for everybody you want to quote, then hit the quote button

"One fart can foul the air for everyone" - Esteemed philosopher
"If avoiding the nasty $hit is being a snob, them I am guilty as charged."- Same esteemed philosopher.
md4958 is offline   Reply With Quote