Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 09-13-2010, 06:24 PM   #1
SilverFox

Default Some Peoples Kids............Just a Vent

So I live in suburbia. I live in the lowest crime district in the city. There is nothing but families for miles and none of them are remotely near the poverty line.

So on Saturday night.......a punk or punks broke into my truck in the driveway, ransacked it and took a few things (Loose change, knife, Nano, Backup cell phone, cell charger etc) not a huge deal in terms of loss but still the little ****ers did it just cuz. Found a couple of empty cans of cheap beer in the Cul de Sac.

Now I reported it more so the cops know that **** is happening, I expect nothing other than that.

But seriously I can understand stealing if you are in need, or if you have a drug habit to support.......but for shits and giggles. I thought at first that I wish I had caught them........now I realize that would only end one way...........bad. Me up on assault or worse charges for caving in some teenage punks overinflated melon.

Anyway rant off, just wanted to vent..........pisses me off..............hell pisses me off enough that I want to kick there Dad's ass hard enough that he would pass the beating on.

Little ****ers
Old 09-13-2010, 06:56 PM   #2
Patrick B
Feeling at Home

Trading: (6)
Patrick B has a spectacular aura aboutPatrick B has a spectacular aura aboutPatrick B has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Some Peoples Kids............Just a Vent

I hear ya! Kids can be a$$holes.
Patrick B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 06:56 PM   #3
md4958
Captain Cannoli

First Name: Moe
Trading: (62)
HUpmann
md4958 has disabled reputation

This happened in my parents town too, quite similar demographically to yours. Several cars on my parents street were broken in to, including my mothers.

Turns out it was kids from the town over that would come in and cause problems.

"One fart can foul the air for everyone" - Esteemed philosopher
"If avoiding the nasty $hit is being a snob, them I am guilty as charged."- Same esteemed philosopher.
md4958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:09 PM   #4
kydsid
Ditat Deus

First Name: Jason
Trading: (46)
kydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nice

how is that the opportunistic thieves are unaware where the rich safe feeling people live and are unable to drive over to your neighborhood? just askin
Posted via Mobile Device
kydsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:10 PM   #5
CBI_2
Have My Own Room

First Name: Paul
Trading: (0)
CBI_2 is a jewel in the roughCBI_2 is a jewel in the roughCBI_2 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
So I live in suburbia. I live in the lowest crime district in the city. There is nothing but families for miles and none of them are remotely near the poverty line.

So on Saturday night.......a punk or punks broke into my truck in the driveway, ransacked it and took a few things (Loose change, knife, Nano, Backup cell phone, cell charger etc) not a huge deal in terms of loss but still the little ****ers did it just cuz. Found a couple of empty cans of cheap beer in the Cul de Sac.

Now I reported it more so the cops know that **** is happening, I expect nothing other than that.

But seriously I can understand stealing if you are in need, or if you have a drug habit to support.......but for shits and giggles. I thought at first that I wish I had caught them........now I realize that would only end one way...........bad. Me up on assault or worse charges for caving in some teenage punks overinflated melon.

Anyway rant off, just wanted to vent..........pisses me off..............hell pisses me off enough that I want to kick there Dad's ass hard enough that he would pass the beating on.

Little ****ers
Sorry to hear of the misfortune due to the actions of some numb skulls. From the experience the wife and I have from working as house-parents at a boys home for 4 years, not always but many times, some of the roots of the problems start with the parents or lack there of.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:12 PM   #6
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

I hear ya brother...it all goes back to how they were raised!!!
Old 09-13-2010, 07:20 PM   #7
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

Its the me me me generation. Its all about them. Sorry to hear about it though.
Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 08:09 PM   #8
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

This seems to be going on a lot.. From stuff I've heard on the news around here is that basically kids are bored and going around checking if people leave their cars unlocked. In most cases they haven't been taking anything. Sorry to hear that they took stuff from ya

I was over a friends house during the winter, I was leaving and noticed my friends car door opened. All the compartments were opened but nothing taken. Noticed foot steps in the snow leading to my car as well but I had my doors locked Kinda just makes ya a little uneasy.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:11 PM   #9
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGodX View Post
This seems to be going on a lot..
Indeed. Since there were cars.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:24 PM   #10
Sailchaser
Black Ops-SOB

First Name: Chris
Trading: (7)
HUpmann CoastGuard
Sailchaser has disabled reputation

I am a firm believe that anyone who does stuff like that should go to a work camp and work till they get their head on straight
Old 09-13-2010, 09:47 PM   #11
Old Sailor
Black Ops - S.O.B.

First Name: Dave
Trading: (22)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
Old Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really nice

Sorry to hear brother, I say KEEL HAUL the little pukes!!
Old 09-13-2010, 09:52 PM   #12
SilverFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by kydsid View Post
how is that the opportunistic thieves are unaware where the rich safe feeling people live and are unable to drive over to your neighborhood? just askin
Posted via Mobile Device
Simple...............in what they didn't take.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:55 PM   #13
akumushi
Habanos Apologist

Trading: (11)
LGC
akumushi has a spectacular aura aboutakumushi has a spectacular aura aboutakumushi has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
Simple...............in what they didn't take.
Yeah, like THE CAR
Old 09-14-2010, 12:05 AM   #14
Cyclone

Sorry to hear that, Shawn.

Some Parents don't spend enough time with their kids but give them everything they ever want thinking that it will make them happy but they are dead wrong.

These kids grow up without learning ( or caring ) what it takes to become responsive citizens. They will live at home until they get married but will be driving BMW's that their Daddy bought them...

Makes me wanna puke!
Old 09-14-2010, 12:27 AM   #15
akumushi
Habanos Apologist

LGC
akumushi has a spectacular aura aboutakumushi has a spectacular aura aboutakumushi has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
Sorry to hear that, Shawn.

Some Parents don't spend enough time with their kids but give them everything they ever want thinking that it will make them happy but they are dead wrong.
These kids grow up without learning ( or caring ) what it takes to become responsive citizens. They will live at home until they get married but will be driving BMW's that their Daddy bought them...

Makes me wanna puke!
Man, this is my number one gripe about parents today. It was bad with my generation and is getting even worse. We are in a crisis of parenting as a country, and several generations of entitled, spoiled brats who don't know a thing about a hard day's work are about to be put out into the worst economy this country has seen in 80 years. Things could get real ugly.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:26 AM   #16
68TriShield
Got Torque?

First Name: Dave
Trading: (40)
HUpmann
68TriShield has disabled reputation

It all comes back to the parents.Not peer pressure,parents.
68TriShield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 06:15 AM   #17
Wanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by akumushi View Post
Man, this is my number one gripe about parents today. It was bad with my generation and is getting even worse. We are in a crisis of parenting as a country, and several generations of entitled, spoiled brats who don't know a thing about a hard day's work are about to be put out into the worst economy this country has seen in 80 years. Things could get real ugly.
I notice it as a change from about my brother's age, as far as how the kids behave (he's 32 and I'm 37). It was kids that were about that age that things started to change. And guess what, it was at about the time that Nintendo came on the scene. Coincidence? I think not. Seems that more and more kids are turning their brains to mush playing these ridiculous games. Playing these fluff-ass games, and the violent ones. Our 12 yr old had to be FORCED to go outside in the summer. She said there wasn't anything to do outside. WHAT?!?! Nothing to do outside?!?! WTF!?!?!?!? I nearly had an aneurysm the first time I heard that. My parents had to DRAG me inside in the summer. I had permanent dirt lines that didn't come off until spring, I was outside so much.

My take on things is this...kids somewhere got the idea that they are in charge. That THEY call the shots. If you do something they don't like, or make them do or eat something they don't want, they cry abuse. WTF? Someone, somewhere gave them the power and took it from the parents. Parents are somewhat forced to placate their kids, and not actually discipline them. "If you don't get me this, then I'm going to..." "You have to..." or one of my favorites I've heard: "That's illegal." Give me a break. Parents are in charge. The home is not a democracy, it's a benevolent dictatorship. There is far too much pandering to the whims of a child, to make them happy and "support their self esteem and help them become well adjusted adults". I see very few well adjusted adults coming out of this generation of kids. They have HUGE sense of entitlement, which I really can't stand. I don't roll that way. They want hand outs, not a hand up.

Here's another example of how bad things are: In our 10 yr old's class, they have spelling tests on Fridays. The number of words they have to know for that test on Friday is dependent on how well they do on a pretest on Monday. They more they get wrong on Monday, the less they are required to know on Friday? Are you f'ing kidding me??? I was dumbfounded when I saw that. And this school is supposedly one of the best elementary schools in the state. Wow...has our education system gone in the tank, or what?

As for Shawn's issue...there are punks everywhere, and I agree that a lot of it has come from parents disinterest in being a part of their kids lives. They let the school and TV and video games raise them. They are raising a generation of entitled idiots, and I fear for our society if this continues much longer. I have a feeling that if the parents found out about their kids breaking into your car (or any car, for that matter), they'd say "kids will be kids" and simply pay for what was stolen (or demand receipts from you and proof it was your stuff first) with no consequences for the delinquent.

OK...I need to step off the soap box...I'm giving myself a nosebleed.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:10 AM   #18
akumushi
Habanos Apologist

LGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanger View Post
I notice it as a change from about my brother's age, as far as how the kids behave (he's 32 and I'm 37). It was kids that were about that age that things started to change. And guess what, it was at about the time that Nintendo came on the scene. Coincidence? I think not. Seems that more and more kids are turning their brains to mush playing these ridiculous games. Playing these fluff-ass games, and the violent ones. Our 12 yr old had to be FORCED to go outside in the summer. She said there wasn't anything to do outside. WHAT?!?! Nothing to do outside?!?! WTF!?!?!?!? I nearly had an aneurysm the first time I heard that. My parents had to DRAG me inside in the summer. I had permanent dirt lines that didn't come off until spring, I was outside so much.

My take on things is this...kids somewhere got the idea that they are in charge. That THEY call the shots. If you do something they don't like, or make them do or eat something they don't want, they cry abuse. WTF? Someone, somewhere gave them the power and took it from the parents. Parents are somewhat forced to placate their kids, and not actually discipline them. "If you don't get me this, then I'm going to..." "You have to..." or one of my favorites I've heard: "That's illegal." Give me a break. Parents are in charge. The home is not a democracy, it's a benevolent dictatorship. There is far too much pandering to the whims of a child, to make them happy and "support their self esteem and help them become well adjusted adults". I see very few well adjusted adults coming out of this generation of kids. They have HUGE sense of entitlement, which I really can't stand. I don't roll that way. They want hand outs, not a hand up.

Here's another example of how bad things are: In our 10 yr old's class, they have spelling tests on Fridays. The number of words they have to know for that test on Friday is dependent on how well they do on a pretest on Monday. They more they get wrong on Monday, the less they are required to know on Friday? Are you f'ing kidding me??? I was dumbfounded when I saw that. And this school is supposedly one of the best elementary schools in the state. Wow...has our education system gone in the tank, or what?

As for Shawn's issue...there are punks everywhere, and I agree that a lot of it has come from parents disinterest in being a part of their kids lives. They let the school and TV and video games raise them. They are raising a generation of entitled idiots, and I fear for our society if this continues much longer. I have a feeling that if the parents found out about their kids breaking into your car (or any car, for that matter), they'd say "kids will be kids" and simply pay for what was stolen (or demand receipts from you and proof it was your stuff first) with no consequences for the delinquent.

OK...I need to step off the soap box...I'm giving myself a nosebleed.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:26 AM   #19
MajorCaptSilly
Sklee

First Name: Scott
Trading: (30)
Bolivar
MajorCaptSilly has disabled reputation

Just as a counterpoint on non-involvement from parents: I tend to see the opposite quite often. Many parents I see are way too invloved in their kid's lives to the point that they seem to be living through their child's lives. so much pressure is being put on the kids in school, athletics, etc that they reach a breaking point and do bad stuff. I've seen this happen many times with my kid's friends. They get pushed and pushed again and at some point, they break down and break the law. It seems to be more a way to "punish" the parents than anything else. I've seen drinking, stealing, fighting, etc from upper-middleclass kids that were "perfect" up to the time of the crime.

This seems totally different from non-involvement but is actually similar. When parents push the kids to succeed at everything, they miss teaching the simple but important stuff like the Golden Rule.

MCS
Old 09-14-2010, 08:46 AM   #20
Mugen910
I <3 Huy

First Name: Location
Trading: (106)
HUpmann MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Mugen910 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGodX View Post
This seems to be going on a lot..
Quote:
Originally Posted by markem View Post
Indeed. Since there were cars.

Sorry to hear about the misfortune Shawn.