Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 09-28-2009, 09:06 PM   #1
DarenH

Default Review: Padron 1926 #9

This maduro is a box press, beautiful band - nice looking stick. It lights well and the flavor kicks in immediately - is sort of a "clean" dark roasted coffee. No sissy latte stuff - just black and strong. - and stays consistent all the way to the end. It burns evenly and the ash is nice and tight Great clouds of smoke, super aroma. It burns slow - lasted for over 2 hours with only one re-light.

This is way beyond my normal price point - but was a gift from a friend. However, it is one I would definitely purchase again for a special occasion! It is a great smoke and worth every dollar.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:19 AM   #2
OHRD
Garage w/ couch & ashtray

First Name: Matt
Trading: (39)
OHRD will become famous soon enoughOHRD will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Review: Padron 1926 #9

What size is the #9?
OHRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:22 AM   #3
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the review. Have had two of these sticks...and neither did anything for me.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:08 AM   #4
DarenH

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Thanks for the review. Have had two of these sticks...and neither did anything for me.
Sorry about that! I've only had the one. Perhaps I should have fired up another one before offering my opinion.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:16 AM   #5
Labman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarenH View Post
Sorry about that! I've only had the one. Perhaps I should have fired up another one before offering my opinion.
They are excellent sticks...Padron makes the finest maduro cigars in the world.

BTW, the #9 is 5 1/4" x 56.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:30 AM   #6
Texan in Mexico
Feeling at Home

First Name: Travis
Trading: (0)
LGC
Texan in Mexico has disabled reputation

I really like the Padrons and the 26 #9s are a real treat.

Nice review...
Texan in Mexico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 07:39 AM   #7
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan in Mexico View Post
I really like the Padrons and the 26 #9s are a real treat.

Nice review...
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:58 AM   #8
njstone

Nice little review! I just smoked my first Padron Anny maduro the other day, a 1964 Monarca I think (basically a robusto size). It was definately an awesome maduro cigar. I still think I like the natural wrapper better, though (but I've only had 2 of those). But I can see why people are crazy about these things!
Old 10-02-2009, 11:05 AM   #9
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by njstone View Post
Nice little review! I just smoked my first Padron Anny maduro the other day, a 1964 Monarca I think (basically a robusto size). It was definately an awesome maduro cigar. I still think I like the natural wrapper better, though (but I've only had 2 of those). But I can see why people are crazy about these things!
I Agree. I like the Padron Maduro & Nat., but The Nat Is MUCH BETTER!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:15 PM   #10
klipsch

I pulled out a #9 Natty just last night. I typically prefer maduro Padron's...but had more of these with natural wrappers. Great smoke! I've been pulling 1926's from a box of 35's. Maduro 1926's are right up there with the strongest cigars I've smoked. The natty's are a great balance and I think may have more "flavor" than its maduro brother. Though...I'd be happy to trade a couple natty's for maduro if there's anybody interested. I only have 1 maduro #9