Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 09-09-2012, 06:11 PM   #1
poriggity
Cigar Zombie Fo Life!

First Name: Scott
Trading: (13)
poriggity will become famous soon enoughporiggity will become famous soon enough
Default Padilla Artemis Robusto

I picked up a few of these when I saw them on special at Cigars International. I had been reading a little about them on social media and I knew I had to try them. The thing that really grabbed my attention was the use of argonosa leaf in this cigar. I have had quite a few cigars that use this same leaf, and I’ve always had great experiences with them. With that said, let’s move on to the review!

Pre-Light: Before I lit up the 5 x 54 box pressed stick, I pulled the cigar out of it’s cellophane, and ran it across my nose to get an idea of the aromas that the stick produced. I got a nice hot spice smell, with some awesome pure tobacco notes, with some sweetness as well. If the initial aromas are anything resembling what the cigar will taste like, I can tell you that this cigar will be a staple in my humidor.

1/3: As I started on this cigar, I got a nice floral note, with some interesting strong tobacco flavors, and cayenne like spice on the tongue. The ash is holding pretty solid, and the smoke is billowing. The draw on the cigar is a bit more snug than I’d like, but it does not deter from the great flavors and smoke coming from this cigar. So far, I am glad I pulled the trigger on these, and I’m already looking for more online!

2/3: As I continued on this cigar, the pure, in your face tobacco flavor of Argonosa leaf is really making itself known, as is the pure hot spice of cayenne, with a light floral note on the tongue on retrohale. Thus far, the complexity of a smoke for the price I paid, is second to none. I am REALLY enjoying this cigar, and am already on the hunt for more!

3/3: As I finished up this cigar, I got a lot of the floral flavors with some serious straight tobacco flavors, and a kickin’ amount of smoke and the draw has also loosened up at this point. I am enjoying the complexity of flavors offered in this cigar, and I am for SURE going to find some more of these for a regular smoke.

Overall Impression: Overall, I was very impressed with the flavors and complexity of this cigar. For the price I paid, I expected the cigar to be decent (as most Padilla branded cigars are), but I didn’t expect this cigar to be GREAT, which it was, in my opinion. I loved the complexity, the full tobacco flavor, and the power behind the smoke. This smoke was a great stick to smoke at lunch, and I am already on the hunt for more. If you haven’t tried this cigar yet, be sure to try and find a few to try. I know I am picking up more for my own personal enjoyment!

Be sure to check out more cigar and beer reviews on my website in my signature!
Smoke Em If You Got Em, Buy Em If You Don’t!
Scott

Bearded Dad Blog
poriggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:23 PM   #2
bighairlogo
Feeling at Home

Trading: (34)
RA
bighairlogo will become famous soon enoughbighairlogo will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Padilla Artemis Robusto

great review
bighairlogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:59 PM   #3
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice review of a stick I have just become interested in...as Taki just gifted me one.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:31 PM   #4
TJtorpedo
Feeling at Home

First Name: Tim
Trading: (4)
Cohiba
TJtorpedo is on a distinguished road

Great review! I just had my first one of these recently, and I was very impressed as well.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:38 PM   #5
PCR
Maduro! Maduro? Maduro.

First Name: Paul
Trading: (6)
Montecristo
PCR will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the review Scott. Looking for my CC now.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:23 AM   #6
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

Very nice review, Scott!

I have been enjoying the Artemis for several months now, and your review nailed it!

Smoke what you like!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:24 PM   #7
Dunkel
Maduro & Oscuro Whore-O

First Name: Doug
Trading: (75)
Dunkel is just really niceDunkel is just really niceDunkel is just really niceDunkel is just really nice

I smoked one while fishing today. Not bad but had burn issues.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:42 PM   #8
dave
Have My Own Room

First Name: Dave
Trading: (15)
Partagas Navy (Retired)
dave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
I smoked one while fishing today. Not bad but had burn issues.
Been through a 5er of toros. Great cashew taste. However, couldn't finish single one of the five due to construction issues. Tunnel, tight draws, canoes....you name it, I had every possible burn problem with these. I'm done with them.
dave is offline   Reply With Quote