Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 02-06-2010, 02:25 PM   #101
ChicagoWhiteSox

Default Re: *2010 MLB Thread*

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty View Post
Best in the division possibly. Depends if Buehrle gets over his David Cone syndrome and if Peavy manages to stay healthy all year. John Danks is pretty good I think, not sure about the rest of the rotation though.

I think it will be a toss up between the Twins and Sox. Twins are solid across the board and really upgraded their offense nicely this off season. Detroit could hang around, but I think they really gonna need another bat after all the offense they lost this of season. The AL central and west divisions should be really fun given all the changes!
I agree. It will be close between the Twins and Sox.
The Twins look really good especially after adding Hudson.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:49 AM   #102
ChicagoWhiteSox

Left-hander Erik Bedard has passed his physical and signed a one-year contract with the Mariners. The contract, which has a $1.5 million base salary and up to $6 million in incentives, also includes a mutual option for 2011.
Old 02-07-2010, 09:48 AM   #103
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

The Mariners might be the most improved team in baseball this off-season.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:04 AM   #104
ChicagoWhiteSox

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicCook View Post
The Mariners might be the most improved team in baseball this off-season.
With the exception for Milton Bradley
Old 02-07-2010, 10:09 AM   #105
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox View Post
With the exception for Milton Bradley
He could have been a great player if he was not such an a-hole and let his temper affect his game.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:17 AM   #106
ChicagoWhiteSox

Quote:
He could have been a great player if he was not such an a-hole and let his temper affect his game.
Yep. And imo, he is going to have a great year with Seattle
Old 02-07-2010, 10:19 AM   #107
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox View Post
Yep. And imo, he is going to have a great year with Seattle
I think he will have a great first 2 months then he will be all hopped up on Starbucks and go crazy.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:19 AM   #108
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

With Thome and Hudson...Twins look good too.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:20 AM   #109
ChicagoWhiteSox

Quote:
I think he will have a great first 2 months then he will be all hopped up on Starbucks and go crazy.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:21 AM   #110
ChicagoWhiteSox

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
With Thome and Hudson...Twins look good too.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:29 PM   #111
ScottishSmoker

I can't say I think the Twins are going to fare all that well...every year they bolster their roster with players that are well past their peak years. The bullpen is one of the weakest places for the Twins, and maybe I missed it, I don't recall them doing anything at all too improve that...they will do well, but definitely not a Championship team...the AL Central seems way too early to call...
Old 02-08-2010, 01:05 PM   #112
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSmoker View Post
I can't say I think the Twins are going to fare all that well...every year they bolster their roster with players that are well past their peak years. The bullpen is one of the weakest places for the Twins, and maybe I missed it, I don't recall them doing anything at all too improve that...they will do well, but definitely not a Championship team...the AL Central seems way too early to call...
Just saying the White Sox imrpoved a bit...as did the Twins. I actually like the Twins pick-ups a bit better. The Tigers.... The Indians...I don't think so. Royals...need I say more. The Twins have a great shot at winning the AL Central.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:15 PM   #113
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

I have a ton of respect for the Twinkie organization . . . up to a point. No matter what they do, it always seems to come up smelling like roses. They will have a good shot at winning the Central, yet not nearly as good a chance of taking it all.
The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 02:43 PM   #114
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

First Name: Joe
Trading: (0)
Vegueros
VirtualSmitty has disabled reputation

Never count the Twins out.

On a side note, the Yankees brought Marcus Thames back with a minor league deal and an invite to spring training. Not a bad idea, I like him a lot more than I do Randy Winn.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:56 PM   #115
TheTraveler
giggity giggitty

First Name: Jonathan
Trading: (12)
MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
TheTraveler has a spectacular aura aboutTheTraveler has a spectacular aura about

Not that it may matter to anyone and at the risk of derailing the conversation I have to make an admission: I have decided to NOT blindly hate the Yankees this year. I am by no means a fan but I've been surfing another board devoted entirely to baseball and let me tell you ... I'm VERY glad to be a member here where people seem to have a good bit of restraint, patience and acceptance of others' rights to have opinions. Those guys seem to enjoy blindly hating anyone and everyone who doesn't follow their team, or even those who aren't "true" fans for blah blah blah reason blah blah blah to infinity. It stopped me being a Yankee hater anyway.

/threadjack

I'm sure all the Twins fans are crossing their fingers in the hopes that their boys make a good showing this year at their new park like the Yankees did with theirs last year. Or at least make it to the playoffs to break in the new yard.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:40 PM   #116
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

I think the Twins will take the central, Mariners take the west, Yankees take the east and the Red Sox take the wild card.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:05 PM   #117
ChicagoWhiteSox

I'll go with the White Sox taking first in the central, the Angels taking the west, BoSox in the east, and finally the Yanks getting the wild card.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:53 PM   #118
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

Quote:
Hall of Fame Classic making return

COOPERSTOWN, N.Y. -- The Baseball Hall of Fame will hold a second annual Hall of Fame Classic on Father's Day this year.

Hall president Jeff Idelson says tickets for the June 20 old-timer's game at Doubleday Field will go on sale in Cooperstown on March 20.

The Hall began a Father's Day weekend last June, with five Hall of Famers and more than 20 other former major leaguers making the trip. The game replaced the annual exhibition game between major league teams, which was discontinued because it had become too difficult to fit into the regular-season schedule.

The Hall said Monday that this year's seven-inning exhibition game will feature seven Hall of Famers: Rollie Fingers, Goose Gossage, Bob Feller, Phil Niekro, Gary Carter, Harmon Killebrew and Mike Schmidt.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4898036
Old 02-08-2010, 10:04 PM   #119
ChicagoWhiteSox

Nice
Old 02-09-2010, 08:18 AM   #120
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

First Name: Joe
Trading: (0)
Vegueros
VirtualSmitty has disabled reputation

Quote:
I think the Twins will take the central, Mariners take the west, Yankees take the east and the Red Sox take the wild card.
That's exactly how I think it will play out too.