Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 01-21-2010, 02:57 PM   #1
eboniknight
Hit 'em Hard and Deep!

First Name: JC
Trading: (0)
eboniknight is on a distinguished road
Default Visiting San Antonio TX....any recommendations??

I'm heading to San Antonio next month on business and I'm curious about B&M's as well as bars and lounges that allow cigar smoking. Plan on staying in the Riverwalk area. I did a web search and to my surprise not much came up. I also went to cigarfriendly.us and found 4 B&M's but nothing downtown. Thinking I may have to load up the 'ol travel humi and hope for the best. Can anybody help a fellow BOTL???
Old 01-21-2010, 05:52 PM   #2
kydsid
Ditat Deus

First Name: Jason
Trading: (46)
kydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nice
Default Re: Visiting San Antonio TX....any recommendations??

I have always visited the places listed in cigarplaces.com

My fav is C.I.G.A.R. but sure isn't near downtown. Downtown isn't a fav of mine because of parking. But if memory serves there is The Humidor in the Menger Hotel downtown.

Also here is an article I stubbed a few years ago. http://www.smokemag.com/1204/city.htm
kydsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:17 PM   #3
captain53
Have My Own Room

First Name: Dave
Trading: (3)
captain53 will become famous soon enough

I went to a pretty decent little shop very near the Riverwalk Shopping Mall a couple of years ago but and I believe it was the Humidor mentioned above. Lady there was very nice. A visit to Finck's Outlet Store is pretty good but they are out near the airport.

http://www.finckcigar.com/about/visit_our_store/

Or Fincks regular store is nice:

http://www.finckcigarcompany.com/
captain53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:27 PM   #4
TXRebel
Have My Own Room

First Name: Cary
Trading: (12)
TXRebel has disabled reputation

There are a couple of B&Ms near the Riverwalk. Latin Gold in the River Center Mall and Club Humidor-Menger Hotel is next to the mall. Latin Gold is a small shop with no smoking lounge. I’ve never been to Club Humidor-Menger but their other locations have a lounge.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:11 PM   #5
Veritas
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Gregory
Trading: (1)
Partagas AirForce (Active)
Veritas is on a distinguished road

There is a martini bar just off the riverwalk (I think it's near the Harley store) that allows cigar smoking both inside and in the al fresco seating area. They have a very limited selection and are priced like any restaurant/bar cigar selection - read "very pricey." I don't remember the name of the place, just that I liked it.

Happy hunting.
Veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:18 PM   #6
Kreth
Ronin smoker

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (14)
Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice

Can't help you with a B&M, but there's an excellent restaurant on the Riverwalk you should check out: Rhine Steak House is the name IIRC.
Posted via Mobile Device
Kreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 02:32 PM   #7
chubby

When you arrive, and if you rent a car, you will have to drive South on Hwy281 to go into downtown SA. Just as you get on the Hwy from the airport, about a couple of miles on the left, you will notice some shops near Jones Maltsberger road. There is a 'Club Humidor' B&M you can stop into and smoke if you'd like. They have a pretty good selection there. C.I.G.A.R, which was mentioned earlier is also another place to stop by and hang out if you like, it's a bit north from the airport but off the same hwy (281). If you will be here during the weekend and don't mind the drive, there is a cigar bar called Chango's which is just north of SA near Six Flags. It's in a small town called Leon Springs about a 25 minute drive from downtown SA. They usually have live music there both inside and out. You can also catch the occasional cougar out in those parts.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:48 PM   #8
mtaill
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (1)
mtaill is on a distinguished road

When will you be there? I'm going to San Antonio too. I will be arriving Feb 27th late in the evening and leaving March 3rd
mtaill is offline   Reply With Quote