Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 09:53 PM   #4461
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

First Name: Frank
Trading: (20)
LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all
Default Re: First Firearm Thread.

Yep... lots of OC idiots.

Primary appeal of OC to us I think is a desire to change peoples minds, to educate away the knee-jerk fear away from them. But it's bass ackwards, the fear is already there, and OC won't fix it.

For practical use, CC is much better to not let the bad guy know.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:02 PM   #4462
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by emopunker2004 View Post
I've mixed feeling on OC. Even if we had OC, I'd CC most of the time. Don't want the BD to know I'm packing.
Amen
Old 01-18-2013, 10:06 PM   #4463
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrrr View Post
Yep... lots of OC idiots.

Primary appeal of OC to us I think is a desire to change peoples minds, to educate away the knee-jerk fear away from them. But it's bass ackwards, the fear is already there, and OC won't fix it.

For practical use, CC is much better to not let the bad guy know.
Agreed!

But sometimes it would be nice to carry open and not worry.

In Fla. we can carry open on the way to hunting, fishing or camping though.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:09 PM   #4464
Brian D.
Have My Own Room

First Name: Brian
Trading: (1)
Brian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of light

Open Carry marches are a big part of how we got Ohio to pass concealed carry, spectrrr. We told the legislators there were lots more OC events to come, including up and down the sidewalks where they lived, gated communities or not. It also was useful as a protest tool in towns where the police were hassling both open and concealed carriers, using local ordinances that were no longer valid, or just plain flat out playing 'bully behind the badge'.

I maintain open carry still has a place in the battle to raise awareness and straighten out towns in Ohio with an antigun bent. Plus, a right not exercised will be taken away sooner or later. I know that some feel OC led to stricter gun control in California, but basically that was gonna happen anyhow, the lefty quotient in ther government is way too high.

Just to keep the thread in the right direction: On Thursday I was able to buy a couple hundred rounds of .40 S&W 180 grain flat point factory rounds at a good price, but that supplier (old friend) may be out of all ammo real soon. He only gave me a deal because he's got AR lowers to pay for that he snagged before the hysteria.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:20 PM   #4465
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Agreed!

But sometimes it would be nice to carry open and not worry.

In Fla. we can carry open on the way to hunting, fishing or camping though.
Or at YOUR business you own or on you property at home.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:23 PM   #4466
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

HdM

Quote:
Or at YOUR business you own or on you property at home.
True
Old 01-19-2013, 06:51 AM   #4467
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Got my mags in

IMG_1517 by emopunker2004, on Flickr

Green Follower(magpul gen3)

IMG_1518 by emopunker2004, on Flickr

Manf Date Stamp

IMG_1519 by emopunker2004, on Flickr

Just for fun

IMG_1521 by emopunker2004, on Flickr
Old 01-19-2013, 08:04 AM   #4468
big a
Feeling at Home

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (42)
RyJ
big a will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by big a View Post
Does anyone have any first hand experience with carrying the G27 or springfield xdc inside the waste? I already have an LCP for the back pocket but i have been wanting something for IWB option. I have made a chart of all the different .40s I'm looking at and the Glock 27 and xd are very close in size. The big size difference between the 27, xd and the shield is that the shield is .23" thinner. However the xd and 27 both hold 3 more rounds. Thoughts or opinions on any of the guns above?
Thanks the other replys everyone. I was able to get my hands on a G27 and I really did not like it. I almost walked out of there with a Karh CM9 for $389 but the wife would not of been happy. I still would like to see an XDs and shield before i pull the trigger. Things are getting crazy around here though, most gun shops only have around 30% stock left. Most are completely out of target ammo too.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:05 AM   #4469
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by big a View Post
Thanks the other replys everyone. I was able to get my hands on a G27 and I really did not like it. I almost walked out of there with a Karh CM9 for $389 but the wife would not of been happy. I still would like to see an XDs and shield before i pull the trigger. Things are getting crazy around here though, most gun shops only have around 30% stock left. Most are completely out of target ammo too.
For concealed, you will love the Shield or XDs. The latter is just more expensive, a manly .45.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:06 AM   #4470
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation

Justin, where are those mags from?
Still waiting on my E Landers from 12/31 order but looks like they are now in the 7000 range, which is where I am.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:38 AM   #4471
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueface View Post
Justin, where are those mags from?
Still waiting on my E Landers from 12/31 order but looks like they are now in the 7000 range, which is where I am.
Dsg arms. I backordered them on 12/20. I got my E-landers in the other day too that I ordered on 12/27
Old 01-19-2013, 11:34 AM   #4472
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trading: (39)
bonjing has disabled reputation

Has any one tested their elander mags yet?
Old 01-19-2013, 12:17 PM   #4473
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjing View Post
Has any one tested their elander mags yet?
Yes. Some people are having issues seating them with 30 on a closed bolt without a hard hit to the mag. I am as well. Seats fine with 28 and seats fine on an open bolt. Springs are very tight. My department requires that we download all mags to 28 so not a problem for me, plus I usually put mags in on open bolt anyway.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:18 PM   #4474
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Quote:
Yes. Some people are having issues seating them with 30 on a closed bolt without a hard hit to the mag. I am as well. Seats fine with 28 and seats fine on an open bolt. Springs are very tight. My department requires that we download all mags to 28 so not a problem for me, plus I usually put mags in on open bolt anyway.
But as far as functioning in a rifle, they seem to function fine from all reports I've seen with no malfunctions
Old 01-19-2013, 02:11 PM   #4475
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all

I'm debating whether to sell a few pmags I've got now for a hefty 5x profit... or wait for a mag limit to pass and profit more... or wait for a mag limit to NOT pass and then be left holding the bag ..... I'm leaning towards selling off a few now....
Old 01-19-2013, 02:45 PM   #4476
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Quote:
I'm debating whether to sell a few pmags I've got now for a hefty 5x profit... or wait for a mag limit to pass and profit more... or wait for a mag limit to NOT pass and then be left holding the bag ..... I'm leaning towards selling off a few now....
My buddy sold a bunch of pmags for for $60 each lol
Old 01-19-2013, 03:18 PM   #4477
tchariya
Taters of the lost Ark

Trading: (13)
RG
tchariya will become famous soon enoughtchariya will become famous soon enough

Quote:

If you don't mind waiting to place a back-order now with say..dsgarms, then sell them off!

I picked up 10/$125 on the G2 windowed Pmags from them, got it in under a month. I know they are still OOS on the non-windowed black G2. DSG is great, they have yet to jack up their prices on their inventory due to the imminent tightening of gun ownership laws.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:30 PM   #4478
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchariya View Post
If you don't mind waiting to place a back-order now with say..dsgarms, then sell them off!

I picked up 10/$125 on the G2 windowed Pmags from them, got it in under a month. I know they are still OOS on the non-windowed black G2. DSG is great, they have yet to jack up their prices on their inventory due to the imminent tightening of gun ownership laws.
Not sure if I placed an order NOW that I would ever receive it, lol

BUT DSGarms delivered 10 windowed pmags to me last week... and 10 more non windowed pmags from dsg are supposed to be delivered monday

Paid $10 for the non windowed ones... kinda hard to resist not posting em for $60... besides, gotta come up with some way to justify the rest of my purchases this month --- I'm still collecting parts for a more 3-gun oriented AR, and a PTR91 arrives on Thursday
Old 01-19-2013, 03:44 PM   #4479
tchariya
Taters of the lost Ark

Trading: (13)
RG
tchariya will become famous soon enoughtchariya will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Not sure if I placed an order NOW that I would ever receive it, lol

BUT DSGarms delivered 10 windowed pmags to me last week... and 10 more non windowed pmags from dsg are supposed to be delivered monday

Paid $10 for the non windowed ones... kinda hard to resist not posting em for $60... besides, gotta come up with some way to justify the rest of my purchases this month --- I'm still collecting parts for a more 3-gun oriented AR, and a PTR91 arrives on Thursday
oh pretty pics when you get done!!!
Old 01-19-2013, 06:57 PM   #4480
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchariya View Post
oh pretty pics when you get done!!!
Might be a long while... missing most of the parts, something about being out of stock. lol.

I was going to with a 14.5" barrel, but I've reconsidered, planning on doing a 16" midlength gas now. Daniel Defense has a reasonably priced one, though I just have to find it in stock