Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2012, 05:47 AM   #21
xFreebirdx
Patriot Guard Rider

First Name: Eddie
Trading: (2)
Cohiba Army (Served With Honor)
xFreebirdx is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MasterCard will no longer support the sales of tobacco products on

Here is a quote from another cigar site. One of the members did some digging........

Quote:
I did some searching on this and found this statement: March 2011
Mastercard, at least here in the US, is now requiring any online, phone, or mail order purchase of tobacco products to pay them $1000.00 PER YEAR! I told them to go f themselves." I've heard this from other Vendors who will not accept MC....a lot of places are not going to allow themselves to be abused like this and stopped doing business with MC....

http://www.OutwestTobacco.com.
I also feel that all of our customers should be aware of what is going on, so bear with me and read on.

To our customers who have been using MasterCard to purchase tobacco products from us:

MasterCard has informed us that they will no longer allow us to process transactions using MasterCard
unless we register with them. The catch is that they charge a $1,000.00 annual fee to register.

I feel this is excessive, that it is extortion and I have chosen not to meet their demand.

This is yet another effort from the anti-tobacco movement to deny mature adults a simple pleasure in their life.

This leaves you with a choice of using a different credit card or to pay by check or money order. If you use the
check/money order method of payment we must make the decision to either immediately ship the product and hope the
check clears so we get paid, or to delay shipping for a reasonable time to allow the check to clear the bank and then
ship the product.
Veteran: ★US ARMY 78 - 81★.......★Patriot Guard Rider ID#45266 07/06/06★
xFreebirdx is offline   Reply With Quote