Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 09-27-2011, 09:10 AM   #21
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Kiss My Ash Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by weak_link View Post
Thanks
Old 09-27-2011, 09:33 AM   #22
DaBear
Have My Own Room

First Name: Bear
Trading: (26)
HdM
DaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth View Post
I was wondering about a good cigar podcast. I wish some of the brothers on here would do one! The CA podcast could be great!
I can see it now:

"...and to all those listening, Frank's address is ____________. Be sure to get your monthly hit in!"

DaBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:27 AM   #23
Smoke Inn Cigars

Hey Gang,

Just going to pop in here. Thanks for the comments and feedback of the show. We completed our first 13 weeks and what a learning experience it was. It definitely is a work in progress. We are gearing the show to be more of a Lifestyle show, and being we are all into cigars that is part of our theme.

In our light it up section we talk about the cigars we will be smoking that morning. Yes, we cannot smoke in the studio. We are currently in construction of a new 4000 sqft free standing building that will be our NEW headquarters due to open next year. We are building a studio in the store and our plan is that the show will be done remotely in our store done in front of a live audience where WE CAN SMOKE. =)

The new 2- hour format will MANY new segments such as

The Bloggers Corner: We invite different Bloggers each week to come on the air and review a cigar giving their unbiased opinion.

The Fray: A short section dealing with current political climates

Ask Lady M: Another short section in Lady M replying to emails or callers seeking relationship advice

Dummy Dialers: you will have to listen to these yourself because if i explain it to you, you would never believe me.

All in all guys, everything we try to do is about having a good time. That is the mood we try to express on the show. Your feedback is always appreciated and will help us make a better show overall. I look forward to any comments as we get a few of the new 2 hour shows out there.

Neoflex,...Guilty as charged. If I am going to be stuck in a studio for 2 hours, Lady M is definitely good to look at and she does add the sensitive maternal side to the show. She has a terrific fan base and some hardcore followers already. As far as her being a stretch for a pretty face......well I guess I should be hanging out with you on the
weekends! =)

Best Regards Gang. keep Smokin!

-Abe
Smoke Inn
KMA Radio
Old 09-27-2011, 11:08 AM   #24
thechrisdotcom

Trading: (2)
thechrisdotcom has disabled reputation

The 2 hour show will be nice to have. 1 hour goes by way to quickly.
thechrisdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:12 AM   #25
thechrisdotcom

And before a mod beats me to it...

Welcome to the board, be sure to post in the introduction thread.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:23 AM   #26
Smoke Inn Cigars

Chris,
Just processed myself in new member area. Thanx.

You are absolutely right about the 2 hours. That was the number one complaint we got from everyone. At first we thought ...."wow..what r we going to talk about for an hour"

We soon found ourselves running out of time every show and cutting segments we wanted to air. So we are definitely exited about the new format.

-Abe
Smoke Inn
KMA Radio
Old 09-27-2011, 11:26 AM   #27
thechrisdotcom

I was just messing with you about the intro stuff.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:30 PM   #28
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

Thanks for chiming in Abe and giving us some insight of what will become of the two hour show and sorry if I offended you but I was just giving my honest input. I do feel like the show if getting better every week as I mentioned earlier. I imagine it can be challenging to put an entertaining show together live every week where you don't get to cut down and edit content. I know I wouldn't be able to knock it out of the park right out of the box. Someone just asked for an opinion and I gave mine honestly. Sometimes being up front and honest does have it's drawbacks. I will also be honest and say I have listened to every show so far and plan on continuing to listen and watch how it developes as it is definitely headed in the right direction and improving. And no it's not like I am not hanging out with supermodels every weekend by any means and I don't doubt that Lady M has her fan base. A woman who smokes cigars can be very appealing in itself to many but I honestly feel like she has yet to add any useful content to the show other than being the female voice. Again, just being honest even if it makes me the bad guy. I am not saying anything here that I would be afraid to tell you in person. Hell, my wife tells me all the time I am too blunt at times and should consider using a filter when speaking.
I do wish you guys the best of luck with the show and look forward to the longer shows and when you are able to broadcast from your own studio as you will be able to give instant reviews and feedback on what you are smoking as your working your way through sticks. Again, hopefully I did not offend you as that was not my intention as I know when things are posted on a public forum that anyone can read them and never doubted that you yourself may have read my feedback. I guess I could have and should have kept my opinions of Lady M to myself but again, I really need to learn to use a filter.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:20 PM   #29
Smoke Inn Cigars

Neo brother,

No offense taken at all. In fact we welcome the criticism.....It is the only way we can improve to make the show better. No filter needed buddy.

I just thought you might of been harsh on Lady M....while she is new to Radio, she knows enough about Smokes (She Manages our Montecristo Lounge at the PGA National Resort), but your are right...she definitely needs to work her personality more into the show. I just felt your comment about her not being good to look at was a little rough. In my best football playing heyday, I woulda been lucky to snag a gal like Lady M.

All in all brother, keep the comments coming and hopefully we will make a better show for all!

Regards,

Abe
Smoke Inn
KMA Radio
Old 09-27-2011, 02:33 PM   #30
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Inn Cigars View Post
Neo brother,

No offense taken at all. In fact we welcome the criticism.....It is the only way we can improve to make the show better. No filter needed budI just felt your comment about her not being good to look at was a little rough. In my best football playing heyday, I woulda been lucky to snag a gal like Lady M.

All in all brother, keep the comments coming and hopefully we will make a better show for all!

Regards,

Abe
Smoke Inn
KMA Radio
Point taken and your right I could have and should have left that part out... Thanks again for jumping in and giving us some insight of what's to come.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:11 AM   #31
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

I listened this weekend and I enjoyed the show, I didn't win the "media word" prize which was one of the reasons I listened I won't lie....I'm poor, but I still enjoyed the show and I hope I can tune in again this Saturday.

Thanks Abe.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:13 AM   #32
thechrisdotcom

Shows are a lot better now that they're 2 hours long.

Dumby Dialers are funny, I just wish they would change the sound drop when it starts. Lady M singing the intro to it or whatever it is is annoying. It's kind of cheesy.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:24 AM   #33
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

I might have to give this a listen tonight!
Old 10-24-2011, 11:43 AM   #34
x man
Opus lover since 1995

First Name: X
Trading: (24)
Montecristo
x man will become famous soon enough

I enjoy the interviews with cigar industry execs.
The call in from Fuente after the fire was great.
Great place and the nicest people, ive been to the shop
and met the cigar radio stars. Smoked one with Pete Tat there
last year at the Anarchy launch.
x man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:04 PM   #35
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechrisdotcom View Post
Shows are a lot better now that they're 2 hours long.

Dumby Dialers are funny, I just wish they would change the sound drop when it starts. Lady M singing the intro to it or whatever it is is annoying. It's kind of cheesy.
I was dying at the one this past Saturday, something about buying some dust or something, but the caller had NO CLUE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x man View Post
I enjoy the interviews with cigar industry execs.
The call in from Fuente after the fire was great.
Great place and the nicest people, ive been to the shop
and met the cigar radio stars. Smoked one with Pete Tat there
last year at the Anarchy launch.
I really enjoyed the interview, too bad the little one was yelling at me to watch him on the swingset since I was outside listening and missed a lot of it including the media word for the giveaway.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:24 PM   #36
CigarSquid
AKA Garryyjr

First Name: Garry
Trading: (39)
CigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura about

So this is Saturdays only? 10-12 eastern time?
CigarSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:27 PM   #37
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by garryyjr View Post
So this is Saturdays only? 10-12 eastern time?
Well this is a podcast right? So I can download it and listen to it anytime?
Old 10-24-2011, 01:29 PM   #38
MurphysLaw
Anything can go wrong

First Name: Brian
Trading: (19)
Partagas
MurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really nice

Yes, live saturdays from 10-12 eastern, and also available as a podcast if you can't listen live
MurphysLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:37 PM   #39
Jasonw560
PhD from Sarcastic State

First Name: Jason
Trading: (0)
Jasonw560 is on a distinguished road

Ironically, I have downloaded and listened a couple of times when I'm walking in the evening.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:25 PM   #40
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

RA

I started listening to the podcasts, I am almost all caught up now.
Very intertaining show, can't stand the segway intros or the repetitive commercials.
I do like the cast though and they have some great segments!!!

Hey Mickey was that you that guessed True Romance?