Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 11-15-2011, 08:13 AM   #1
qwerty1500
Good thing I'm normal

Trading: (0)
HUpmann
qwerty1500 will become famous soon enough
Default What do you think?

Saw this on Yahoo last night:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/b...hschool-wp8498

Dumb me, I showed it to the wife. To say the least, we saw the situation in totally different ways.

Is this just a guy-girl thing? Or, am I just an insensitive boob?
qwerty1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:16 AM   #2
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

First Name: Ron
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
shark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: What do you think?

No, I think there are far too many thin-skinned people out there. It was meant as a joke...
Old 11-15-2011, 09:08 AM   #3
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

The fact that he resigned as the head football coach and yet retained his position as the school's counselor tells me all I need to know about this move. As an aside, I've seen this sruvey before, yes it's funny, and there's no way in Hell would I distribute this at work, let alone to students at school if I was a teacher/coach.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:06 AM   #4
ktblunden
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (6)
RA
ktblunden is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
there's no way in Hell would I distribute this at work, let alone to students at school if I was a teacher/coach.
Yep. Dumb move on his part. Whether you find it funny or offensive, it doesn't belong in a school and if you're in a position of authority you need to think about consequences of doing dumb things.
ktblunden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:36 PM   #5
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

Definitely over the line as distributed to kids, but honestly speaking, I get the reason behind it. So many kids don't have the coping skills to deal with not being a starter and too many parents like to question decisions by the coaching staff as to who plays and how they're utilized all the time. They picture their kid as being batter on the field/court/whatever than they really are and then complain about their little Timmy never getting to play. Kids nowadays grow up playing organized sports with no score kept, hence no concept of winning or losing is learned by the kids. After years of this nonsense of feelgoodness from parents and players, it's no wonder why a coach would even resort to using this survey.
forgop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:40 PM   #6
dave
Have My Own Room

First Name: Dave
Trading: (15)
Partagas Navy (Retired)
dave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the rough

A few hundred high school football coaches in the country on any given day might SAY the same things and it'd never be a blip on anyone's radar.

Print it out and distribute, and then one little (choose one) sissy, ***)& *#$%, *#@&^&....takes it home and accidently let his mommy see it in writing and the coach is toast. Sux.
dave is offline   Reply With Quote