Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 06-05-2009, 12:22 AM   #1
JE3146
Jordan #2

First Name: Jordan
Trading: (26)
Partagas
JE3146 has disabled reputation
Default This is LONG overdo. A personal request...

For over a year I've been putting up with an inside joke that is so interwoven into the forum community that I almost feel naive that a single post can undo the foothold it has taken to some. It began as playful humor, but developed into downright sick humor and possibly even have damaging repercussions in many areas of my life that people may not think twice of before acting.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about then feel free to just ignore the rest of this post.

For those that know me, I try to be a good sport about things. I try to put a smile on my face and take it in stride. I've never really enjoyed the label given to me. Its origins and how fast it spread still irritate me to this day. I went through phases trying to just accept it and have some fun with it. Eventually I just tried to give it up completely. Sadly though it won't go away.

I've lately started to realize that with my wedding coming up some people may take actions to send things related to this. The last thing I want to do is open some embarrassing gift after the most important day of my life and try to answer a barrage of questions that I really won't know where to begin with. The fact of the matter is I don't want to be in those situations. It's degrading, embarrassing, and further aggravates my stress level. I have enough stress going on in my life right now. If you know me well enough, you know what I'm dealing with right now.

But even then I kept it inside for the most part. I've spoken to a few people regarding this matter and a couple have even made attempts to get it to stop. However, the mob mentality of this site just doesn't permit such minor attempts at change. Drastic things need to be spoken to get change, and it really upsets me that it has to come to that. Even with the above fears, I really didn't let it get to me. I have far worse things in my life to worry about.

However, with stress, anxiety, and life's curve balls; emotions can flare on a whim. This past week I was pushed to a breaking point that I really didn't think I could cross. I felt disgusted, sick to my stomach, embarrassed more than I have ever been in my life, and it darn near ruined a week that I had been looking forward to for over 8 months. Those of you who went to ELVIS will probably know what I'm talking about.

After this event, I had some time to clear my head, and I ultimately decided that when I returned, I wanted things to be different. I don't want to deal with this anymore. I don't want to be apart of this sick inside joke. To summarize, I want things to stop.

Certain photographs were taken. I formally request they either be deleted or kept locked away only to people who were present. I don't want to see them on facebook, myspace, or any public setting. Doing so will be taken as great insult to me. Call it whining, but to be frank, I've EARNED the right to be sick of this.

Moving forward. I do appreciate the generosity and creativity displayed by my friends though this whole sick episode of my life. I am always grateful and deeply appreciative of all that has been given to me, and never in any way would I turn my back to that. What I don't enjoy seeing is money wasted on things that have no use to me. This is money that could be spent sending cigars to the troops or sending cigars to a guy who is down on his luck. It is instead wasted on items that I will never use and just aggravate me. It may be fun to you, but it has it's toll on me. I don't need that in my life right now.

I've said about all I can think of saying on this matter, but I do wish to leave one following comment. Take this as a lesson that certain things are funny, but can push a person too far. While my reactions weren't drastically obvious at ELVIS, they were apparently very obvious, as I received multiple comments about it. I deeply apologize if I offended anyone, as I hope it's obvious that it was not my intention in any regard. It just pushed me to a level that I haven't experienced in a very long time, and one I don't wish to ever return to.

Please keep it that way.
JE3146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:09 AM   #2
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of
Default Re: This is LONG overdo. A personal request...

I respect your wishes even though I never jumped on the bandwagon. Have a good day Jordan.
DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 05:13 AM   #3
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

First Name: Tim
Trading: (52)
Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPD6030 View Post
I respect your wishes even though I never jumped on the bandwagon. Have a good day Jordan.

There comes a point when what started as good-natured ribbing becomes an irritant. Only a few people on here know what's that like.

Fun is fun only when both parties concur. When it becomes more than that to one, then it's time to show some restraint and respect the wishes of those individuals.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:29 AM   #4
Wanger

I know what you're talking about, and I understand. Makes sense to me. Everyone's got a different level for things. You obviously saw where I'm at. LOL
Old 06-05-2009, 08:37 AM   #5
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

First Name: Gerard
Trading: (40)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
kaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to all

I'm only partially aware of the content that motivated your posting, I just wanted to say that I am very impressed by your post. Well done, Jordan.

And best wishes for positive outcomes during this time of your life.

kaisersozei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:46 AM   #6
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14holestogie View Post

There comes a point when what started as good-natured ribbing becomes an irritant. Only a few people on here know what's that like.

Fun is fun only when both parties concur. When it becomes more than that to one, then it's time to show some restraint and respect the wishes of those individuals.
Well said.

I know what Jordan is talking about and I know how frustrated he was getting from conversations I was having with him.
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:52 AM   #7
csbrewfisher
Welcome to my nightmare

First Name: Jerry
Trading: (10)
LGC Navy (Served With Honor)
csbrewfisher will become famous soon enough

Jordan, your honesty is to be admired. I think that reasonable people can expect that because of your forthright and well-thought post, the torment... though intended to be good natured...will stop. I hope it does, and wish you the best for your wedding day and your marriage.
csbrewfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:56 AM   #8
awsmith4
Simple Pleasures - 2oL

First Name: Albert
Trading: (111)
HUpmann
awsmith4 has disabled reputation

A joke is a joke only as long as its funny, this one has run its course and maybe what happened in Vegas can stay in Vegas. You were a good sport for a long time but it is time to put this to bed. Hopefully these incidents will turn eventually to fond memories but in the mean time I hope that it does not deter you from enjoying your friends here at the Asylum. All the best wishes to you and Ashley for your upcoming nuptials and may it be a happy and fulfilling time for all.
awsmith4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:57 AM   #9
Dooge
I drink with awsmith4!

Trading: (4)
Dooge will become famous soon enough

Duly noted, my friend. Not that I'm taking full responsibility for this or saying that I was the ringleader on any of it but I have partaken, even if it was a little here and there.

I feel that it took a man to make the request, and as friends I feel that you had all the right to make the request.

Andy.
Dooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:00 AM   #10
poker
1:11

First Name: Kelly
Trading: (7)
Cohiba
poker has disabled reputation

Quote:
...the mob mentality of this site

Really? I've always thought the Asylum was one of the calmer sites.

Cigar Asylum: A cigar board birthed without agendas, without profiting, and without advertisements. Amor puro

Character is what you do when no one is watching
poker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:10 AM   #11
loki
H.A.T.E

Partagas
loki will become famous soon enoughloki will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by poker View Post
we've had our share of dog piles in our short time here
loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:11 AM   #12
poker
1:11

First Name: Kelly
Cohiba
poker has disabled reputation

Truth I guess.

Cigar Asylum: A cigar board birthed without agendas, without profiting, and without advertisements. Amor puro

Character is what you do when no one is watching
poker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:52 AM   #13
gnukfu
I like cigars

First Name: George
Trading: (27)
LGC
gnukfu is a jewel in the roughgnukfu is a jewel in the roughgnukfu is a jewel in the roughgnukfu is a jewel in the rough

No clue what you're talking about but what seem be simple jokes can get out of hand. I'm sure the members here will respect your wishes Jordan.

gnukfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:51 AM   #14
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

Jordan, as I said to you in Vegas, I called off something I was going to have made when I saw how upset you were, and I really felt sorry for you. If I offended or insulted you in any way, please accept my appologies.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:56 AM   #15
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by poker View Post
Ditto. Thank God I don't know WTF he is talking about.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:56 AM   #16
s15driftking
Go Browns!

First Name: Bobby
Trading: (16)
Partagas
s15driftking has a spectacular aura abouts15driftking has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnukfu View Post
No clue what you're talking about but what seem be simple jokes can get out of hand.
True, but jokes are jokes (not playing Devil's advocate FYI).
Old 06-05-2009, 11:59 AM   #17
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

First Name: Týr
Trading: (8)
VR
LasciviousXXX has disabled reputation

I've spoken with Jordan about this as I was the one that started this whole ball rolling back on CS. The nickname originated from something I did back in the day and I truly feel bad about how its affected you brother.

I am a the practical joker/always good for a laugh kind of guy and I sometimes forget that people take things differently than I do. I take just as much as I dish out but sometimes need to be reminded that everyone in life has their limits and just because mine are out somewhere near Jupiter, not everyone's is. I've often said to people that you'd pretty much have to call my mother a whore to offend me, and even then...she might have deserved it. It just speaks to my nature as a general goof-ball.

That being said, I'm very sorry its affected you this way bro.
LasciviousXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:27 PM   #18
-MG-

Quote:
Originally Posted by JE3146 View Post
...To summarize, I want things to stop
You won't hear another peep out of me now that I know it was wearing on you. I've also un-hosted a few photochop's that I had done in the past.

Thanks for letting us know this was causing you grief, as I'm sure most of us had no idea and would have ceased long ago had we known the impact.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:01 PM   #19
sikk50
Just Bored Really...

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (13)
LGC
sikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of light

For once I'm quite pleased to be on the outside of things. I only post to send my support as I know how it feels when a joke has gone to far and too long and applaud you for having the courage to step up to your friends and ask for a stop.
Old 06-05-2009, 04:09 PM   #20
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

I think I posted one pic on CS back when this first started, Jordan, but the joke got old fast. I can only imagine how it was for you if you were offended as time went on. Hope this is the last you need to say on the matter.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote