Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 10-06-2010, 12:59 PM   #1
gvarsity
still crazy

Trading: (15)
gvarsity will become famous soon enough
Default Booyah! Heees back... Go Vikings

I didn't believe for a minute that this would happen but I'm stoked.

http://min.scout.com/2/1009291.html

Last edited by gvarsity; 10-06-2010 at 01:06 PM.
gvarsity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:16 PM   #2
Kreth
Ronin smoker

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (14)
Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice
Default Re: Booyah! Heees back... Go Vikings

Great, so along with our AARP QB, we've got a receiver who half-asses every play where he's not the go-to guy.
Posted via Mobile Device
Kreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:34 PM   #3
gvarsity
still crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreth View Post
Great, so along with our AARP QB, we've got a receiver who half-asses every play where he's not the go-to guy.
Posted via Mobile Device
Well at least until Rice comes back and shows he's 100% he will be the go to receiver so that half-ass thing shouldn't be a problem. He also tends to be very good and well behaved in his first season with a new team (except for the Raiders thing which was their fault). I'm not sure how are AARP QB will be for the rest of this season but he was damn good last season and for better or worse our best option for this season. This could very well totally blow up and be a mess but I think the odds are as good or better that this could just blow up in a good way.

Last edited by gvarsity; 10-06-2010 at 01:35 PM. Reason: grammer
Old 10-06-2010, 01:36 PM   #4
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all

If I could buy stock in a locally and legally owned boutique "coffee shop" ...

Moss is class with a capital K.
Meter maids everywhere are strapping on armor.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:25 PM   #5
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Good luck with that.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:28 PM   #6
jmsremax
Yet another Masshole

First Name: Jon
Trading: (19)
jmsremax will become famous soon enough

Ya well enjoy him.....I can't believe we let him go for a 3rd round pick
Old 10-06-2010, 02:56 PM   #7
Kreth
Ronin smoker

Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsremax View Post
Ya well enjoy him.....I can't believe we let him go for a 3rd round pick
How 'bout we trade even up for Welker?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-06-2010, 03:02 PM   #8
jledou
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jay
Trading: (27)
Punch
jledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura about

If Moss doesn't half-ash it, he will outrun Favre's throws all day long...
jledou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:37 PM   #9
gvarsity
still crazy

Quote:
How 'bout we trade even up for Welker?
Posted via Mobile Device
Seriously?? Wes Welker is as effective as he is in large part of the space Randy creates. Our Welker may very well be Greg Camarillo that dude catches everything. With some space he can get us those third and threes.

I posted the angel picture being a smart ass. I know Randy has his issues and is no angel but I also thinks he gets more flak than he deserves. I don't want to rehash all of the incidents but in the grand scheme of the dumb **** a lot of players have done in the same period of time Randy is not even close to one of the worst.

From a football standpoint he is going to be motivated when he gets to Mn. He will be a big difference maker for the club this season. Which is all that the ownership is really looking for. If he ends up being a rental and they win then it is worth it.

He instantly changes how teams will scheme for this offense and instantly gives the Vikings way more options and makes them more dangerous.

Shades of Tarkington coming back from the Giants.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:11 PM   #10
Kreth
Ronin smoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvarsity View Post
Seriously?? Wes Welker is as effective as he is in large part of the space Randy creates. Our Welker may very well be Greg Camarillo that dude catches everything. With some space he can get us those third and threes.
Yeah, I was joking. But at least Welker can throw a friggin' block. I don't think Moss has thrown one since his rookie season.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-06-2010, 05:16 PM   #11
yachties23
The Belly of the Beast

First Name: Chris
Bolivar
yachties23 is on a distinguished road

straight cash homey.... still the greatest sports quote of all time.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:01 PM   #12
MNSmoker
Well Adjusted

First Name: Chris
Trading: (13)
Cohiba
MNSmoker has disabled reputation

Super Bowl homeboy
Old 10-07-2010, 07:04 AM   #13
Wanger

Quote:
Yeah, I was joking. But at least Welker can throw a friggin' block. I don't think Moss has thrown one since his rookie season.
Posted via Mobile Device
With AP in the backfield, he won't need to. The DB wouldn't be able to catch him. And even if he did, he'd get run over.

Seriously, though, this is a move the Vikes needed to make. They needed to add a playmaker who can stretch the field. A couple years ago, that was supposed to be Berrian, but who knows what the hell happened to him. It gives them a legitimately strong receiving core, especially when Rice comes back. Given the fact that they have one of the top 2 backs in the league, it makes the offense EXTREMELY dangerous. Load up to stop one, and you still have to deal with the other. Great move for the Vikes, and the fanbase here still loves him and is very glad he's back "home".

As for his issues, well, he has less baggage than a lot of other players out there. He hasn't been arrested and spent time in jail, no DUIs, is not in the league substance abuse program, and generally keeps to himself in the offseason (from what I've read and heard) and isn't out there hitting the clubs and doing things like shooting himself in the leg. Given the skills he brings to the table and what the Vikings needed, I'll deal with his baggage and overlook a lot of it. From everything I can recall, his tantrums have not directly lost a game for any of the teams he's played for.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:16 AM   #14
JDTexan
College Football Fanatic

First Name: Justin
Trading: (3)
JL
JDTexan is on a distinguished road

I am just glad vike fans wont be able to say Farve has no one to throw to when the Cowboys roll them.
JDTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:18 AM   #15
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure why New England did it, but it's gonna change their game up a lot.
Welker does so well because Moss is on the field. His numbers skyrocketed when Moss showed up.
I think NE is going with a different approach, they showed it last week. They'll shorten the field a bit, and open their long game with a better short game. (Mainly being Danny Woodhead at this point.)
New England will be just fine. I think they're making the right move by changing their gameplan up. They're talented enough to do it.

I'm not so sure what kind of impact Moss will make in Minnesota. He sure can't hurt.
It's good to see that the Vikes are willing to go for broke here. This looks like they want to take their last shot at the big prize. It scares me to see what Minnesota will look like next year. Dismal is probably too optimistic?
Old 10-07-2010, 07:20 AM   #16
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTexan View Post
I am just glad vike fans wont be able to say Farve has no one to throw to when the Cowboys roll them.
Shut your filthy mouth!!! lol
Old 10-07-2010, 07:22 AM   #17
TripleF
11/11/11 EPIC IV

Trading: (176)
TripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to behold

Aquiring Randy Moss does add stimulus to the arena of one's brain.
TripleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:23 AM   #18
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleF View Post
Aquiring Randy Moss does add stimulus to the arena of one's brain.
Please expand, your Plato-ness.
(That made me laugh, by the way. Thanks, buddy!!! Sounded like you're selling deodorant.)
Old 10-07-2010, 07:24 AM   #19
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

First Name: Gerard
Trading: (40)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
kaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to all

I'm glad to see Moss back in purple, especially as he winds up his career. The only question is whether the porous Vikings offensive line can protect long enough to let Favre throw long passes.

The big loser is Tom Brady. He just signed a long term extension, so he got paid, but he played for years without a credible receiving threat and now he gets to go back to that misery. He enjoyed having Moss to throw to for the past three years and now he’s going to be dinking and dunking again. Ah well, he’ll always have Giselle.

kaisersozei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:46 AM   #20
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

First Name: Steve
Diplomatico
Gophernut will become famous soon enoughGophernut will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTexan View Post
34-3? Just saying...