Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 11-01-2010, 01:34 PM   #41
larryinlc
Angry Packer Fan

First Name: Larry
Trading: (15)
larryinlc has disabled reputation
Default Re: Booyah! Heees back... Go Vikings

I heard that Favre didn't like him anymore. Boom! Gone!

Larry
larryinlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 01:40 PM   #42
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

First Name: Steve
Diplomatico
Gophernut will become famous soon enoughGophernut will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryinlc View Post
I heard that Favre didn't like him anymore. Boom! Gone!

Larry
If that was the case, then Childress would have been gone after last week!
Old 11-01-2010, 01:41 PM   #43
Wanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gophernut View Post
If that was the case, then Childress would have been gone after last week!
Last week? I think you mean the first preseason game he played in LAST year!
Old 11-01-2010, 01:41 PM   #44
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Peter
Trading: (28)
LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice

Glad I didn't watch the game. Not gonna watch next week either.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:43 PM   #45
Kreth
Ronin smoker

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (14)
Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice

Hey Brad, how about we get rid of Captain Interception?
Old 11-01-2010, 01:48 PM   #46
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

First Name: Steve
Diplomatico
Gophernut will become famous soon enoughGophernut will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanger View Post
Last week? I think you mean the first preseason game he played in LAST year!
Good point.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:52 PM   #47
DocLogic77
Feeling at Home

First Name: Shawn
Trading: (1)
Partagas
DocLogic77 is on a distinguished road

This will never happen due to the way the Steelers handle players but I would love to see him in the BnG. They need a big time playmaking WR. Moss, Wallace and Ward would be very tough.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:55 PM   #48
BlackDog
Gonna make you groove...

First Name: Warren
Trading: (19)
BlackDog is a jewel in the roughBlackDog is a jewel in the roughBlackDog is a jewel in the rough

Jeez, this team has more drama than Dallas and "Who Shot J.R.?"
Old 11-01-2010, 02:21 PM   #49
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 02:22 PM   #50
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Well that was quick.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 04:12 PM   #51
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Peter
Trading: (28)
LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice

Didn't watch the game last night. Not watching next week either. Who needs the headache?
Old 11-01-2010, 04:32 PM   #52
ChicagoWhiteSox

Old 11-01-2010, 06:42 PM   #53
Resipsa

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-281576
Old 11-02-2010, 06:14 AM   #54
Wanger

This picture sums up how I feel about everything that's gone on with this team. PLEASE, for the love of god...FIRE HIM! WTF!?!?!?!? If he was a decent coach and had a track record of winning, then maybe I'd cut him some slack, but he doesn't. He's out of touch with his players and makes poor decisions on a regular basis, both in relation to games and personnell moves. Who wants to play for a coach who would cut someone on Christmas eve because they didn't like something the player said (who was also the team's leading receiver at the time) or suspend a player who spent "too much time" with his family after the grandmother who raised him died.

Moss may have dogged it a few times, but he is also still VERY dangerous as a player, and his presence on the field opens up other areas of the field for other players. Because of the way other teams have to game plan for him and roll coverages his way, and what he does to the defensive alignment, I'll live with him taking some plays off, and maybe resting for the big burst that still has to beat a double team when needed (ala the Jets).

F@#$ Brad Childress and the sh#!ty job he's done. I'm still a Vikings fan, but don't know that I will care much again until he's GONE. Who's got a bandwagon I can jump on? (won't be an NFC North team or the Cowgirls...OK, maybe I'd jump on one of THE Dallas Cowgirls )
Old 11-02-2010, 06:42 AM   #55
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

First Name: John
Trading: (0)
RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

I think Brad Childress is on very thin ice? the owner wanted Moss.
If you need a bandwagon jump on ours, the Pats will be very competitive and are getting stronger every week
Old 11-02-2010, 08:09 AM   #56
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Moss may have dogged it a few times, but he is also still VERY dangerous as a player, and his presence on the field opens up other areas of the field for other players. Because of the way other teams have to game plan for him and roll coverages his way, and what he does to the defensive alignment, I'll live with him taking some plays off, and maybe resting for the big burst that still has to beat a double team when needed... )
Does anyone remember Randy's "I'll play when I want to play" speech?
That's definitely a very dangerous player. For whatever team he's on.
I'd go so far as to say he's had absolute zero positive impact since he's came to Minnesota. The fact that no one takes him seriously is probably the tipping point in the last four games. The Vikes are thin. If Randy Moss comes in and plays the way he can play, he's a big help to the club. Instead, he comes in and hurts the club by allowing opposing defenses to NOT key on him, which is what happened.
Add to that the locker room cancer he carries with him everywhere, and you've got a guy who is definitely very dangerous.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:49 AM   #57
Wanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Does anyone remember Randy's "I'll play when I want to play" speech?
That's definitely a very dangerous player. For whatever team he's on.
I'd go so far as to say he's had absolute zero positive impact since he's came to Minnesota. The fact that no one takes him seriously is probably the tipping point in the last four games. The Vikes are thin. If Randy Moss comes in and plays the way he can play, he's a big help to the club. Instead, he comes in and hurts the club by allowing opposing defenses to NOT key on him, which is what happened.
Add to that the locker room cancer he carries with him everywhere, and you've got a guy who is definitely very dangerous.
I do understand what you're saying, as far as questioning his effort, but the defenses HAVE rolled coverage his way. They stack a safety behind the CB on his side. Teams have also had a LB out there to chuck him. If they get him with 1:1 coverage, why wouldn't Favervarevravervarvervarvereva call an audible and have him run a go route right past the DB?

Look at the numbers Harvin has put up since Moss's arrival (receiving and rushing). AP has done well, also, with the D more spread out. Take him off the field, and it's a LOT easier for defenses to game plan and defend against the MN offense. Stack the box, because there is no-one outside to truly worry about.

Just my
Old 11-02-2010, 10:50 AM   #58
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I do understand what you're saying, as far as questioning his effort, but the defenses HAVE rolled coverage his way. They stack a safety behind the CB on his side. Teams have also had a LB out there to chuck him. If they get him with 1:1 coverage, why wouldn't Favervarevravervarvervarvereva call an audible and have him run a go route right past the DB?

Look at the numbers Harvin has put up since Moss's arrival (receiving and rushing). AP has done well, also, with the D more spread out. Take him off the field, and it's a LOT easier for defenses to game plan and defend against the MN offense. Stack the box, because there is no-one outside to truly worry about.

Just my
On one level I agree with you, but looking at the whole picture, I think ANY half decent wr would give you as much benefit as Moss. I'd go so far to say that with any other wr, you're likely to win.
Why wouldn't Farve call an audible and have Moss run a route past the db? Because he's pouting and won't hear it, or it's too much effort for him to run a route when it's not "his turn".
Moss didn't get sh1tcanned because he's helping the team. Seriously.
"What he can do" on paper doesn't help unless he brings it to the field.
Imagine what he'd have done for the Vikes if he wasn't such a dick? It makes me sad. I truly fault Moss' play for the Vike's woes since he showed up. Things didn't work out like Childress hoped. It was another Ill-advised move on his part, I think. I'm not sure who's idea the Moss acquisition was, but it smells like a Childress. So I might owe him an apology.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:12 AM   #59
Wanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
On one level I agree with you, but looking at the whole picture, I think ANY half decent wr would give you as much benefit as Moss. I'd go so far to say that with any other wr, you're likely to win.
Why wouldn't Farve call an audible and have Moss run a route past the db? Because he's pouting and won't hear it, or it's too much effort for him to run a route when it's not "his turn".
Moss didn't get sh1tcanned because he's helping the team. Seriously.
"What he can do" on paper doesn't help unless he brings it to the field.
Imagine what he'd have done for the Vikes if he wasn't such a dick? It makes me sad. I truly fault Moss' play for the Vike's woes since he showed up. Things didn't work out like Childress hoped. It was another Ill-advised move on his part, I think. I'm not sure who's idea the Moss acquisition was, but it smells like a Childress. So I might owe him an apology.
Acquisition was Wilf. I don't think that Chilly was ever on board with it. A superstar receiver with a questionable history is NOT something he'd ever go for. He seems to think his SYSTEM is what wins games, not having the more talented players. A couple years ago, he called it a "kick-ass" offense. It's been anything but that. They had opportunities to get a top shelf receiver in the preseason, but never went for one. Then acquiring Moss...they HAD to know what they were getting. Chilly likely never wanted him in the first place, and got rid of him as soon as he could.

And, his impact had not just been on paper. Look at the defensive alignments that we've seen since he was here Safeties were deeper and rolled to Moss's side. Seriously, I've noticed it more. They aren't crowding the box, intent on stopping Peterson only. You think any DB will be scared of Bernard Berrian or Greg Lewis or Hank Baskett? Harvin will now be covered by the #1DB every game, thus ending any mismatch he created before. At the very minimum, having him on the field as a decoy seemed to keep teams honest and from stacking the box against AP. Now, that won't happen. By jettisoning him, and keeping Chilly, this team has essentially thrown the season away. I think it may be in Faevrearvearervarvervarevravervavrer's best interest to leave now, before he gets killed in a lost and meaningless last season.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:02 PM   #60
BlackDog
Gonna make you groove...

First Name: Warren
Trading: (19)
BlackDog is a jewel in the roughBlackDog is a jewel in the roughBlackDog is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I think it may be in Faevrearvearervarvervarevravervavrer's best interest to leave now, before he gets killed in a lost and meaningless last season.
I also have been wondering if that will happen. Favre may just decide the hassle isn't worth it and retire.