Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 05-22-2012, 03:40 PM   #1
lenguamor
puta por Ninfas!

First Name: Joe
Trading: (23)
PL
lenguamor will become famous soon enoughlenguamor will become famous soon enough
Default Nestor Miranda Special Selection Oscuro Lancero

Wasn't expecting to review this at all, so no pics; but it was so good I had to write down some quick notes. This was generously gifted by Barry at Miami Cigar.

The construction on this is superb; the dark wrapper is smooth as silk and the fragrance pre-light is of clove and other sweet spices, with a dry cocoa undertone.

The first third is smooth, with pecan notes on a sweet, almost caramel background. Around the middle, it settles into assertive, earthy flavors of aged tobacco and some mild pepper. It remains like that until the end, but there's enough subtle nuance to keep it interesting, although other flavors remain in the background, like faint shadows.

All in all, a thoroughly enjoyable cigar in one of my favorite vitolas. If you live in Miami or are visiting and find yourself in Kendall, check out Cigar 1. Great selection, honest prices and a friendly staff.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:18 PM   #2
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future
Default Re: Nestor Miranda Special Selection Oscuro Lancero

Good review, I love these smokes...and the Lancero's are the best imo
Old 05-22-2012, 05:14 PM   #3
lenguamor
puta por Ninfas!

First Name: Joe
Trading: (23)
PL
lenguamor will become famous soon enoughlenguamor will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo_5_0 View Post
Good review, I love these smokes...and the Lancero's are the best imo
True dat.

We need to "vote" with our wallets more as consumers; we see thinner, longer vitolas disappearing in both the CC and NC worlds, but we can influence the direction of the industry simply by buying more of what we want instead of what's available.

Smoking more lanceros, lonsdales and coronas would have an impact, if only down the road a bit when the trend shows up in sales figures.

Also, I forgot to mention in my review that this is no shrinking violet, despite its size; it packs an above-average punch of nicotine!
Old 05-22-2012, 10:07 PM   #4
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenguamor View Post
True dat.

We need to "vote" with our wallets more as consumers; we see thinner, longer vitolas disappearing in both the CC and NC worlds, but we can influence the direction of the industry simply by buying more of what we want instead of what's available.

Smoking more lanceros, lonsdales and coronas would have an impact, if only down the road a bit when the trend shows up in sales figures.

Also, I forgot to mention in my review that this is no shrinking violet, despite its size; it packs an above-average punch of nicotine!

Smoke what you like!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote