Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 02-26-2010, 02:15 PM   #1
tuxpuff
Feeling at Home

First Name: Luke
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
tuxpuff will become famous soon enough
Default Carlos Torano Signature Collection Toro

Size – 6 x 50
Shape – Toro
Wrapper – Brazil
Filler – Dominican Republic, Nicaragua
Binder – USA/Connecticut

Prelight
I’ve had this one sitting in the humidor for about 6 months. Intense blast of chocolate aroma when removing it from the cellophane. Slightly soft and spongy roll. Just a couple of light veins and a beautiful oily wrapper.

First third
Great draw. Full flavors right from the start although slightly muddled. Strong in tobacco tastes with a heavy chocolate aspect. Also present is a slightly floral note. The flavors settle down into more of a smooth tobacco flavor with a light tobacco aftertaste. A bit of bitterness picks up in the aftertaste.

Second third
The flavor quickly intensifies in a very deep tobacco and chocolate but nothing is shining through. Also the bitterness in the aftertaste is intensifying. The flavors are not particularly enjoyable at this point. The flavor is staying deep and consistent throughout this third but the bitterness seems to keep intensifying. I tried to fight through it but had to put this stick down.

Last third
Didn’t make it this far.

Conclusion
This smoke had a decent start but for some reason went down a very bad road. Muddled flavors and an increasingly overwhelming bitterness eventually made me discard it at the end of the second third.

tuxpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:17 PM   #2
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future
Default Re: Carlos Torano Signature Collection Toro

Thanks for the review.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:24 PM   #3
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Thanks, Luke. Don't know if I've ever had one of these, but I have really liked all the 1959s I've smoked.
The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:27 PM   #4
tuxpuff
Feeling at Home

First Name: Luke
Bolivar
tuxpuff will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
Thanks, Luke. Don't know if I've ever had one of these, but I have really liked all the 1959s I've smoked.
I agree with that...59's are one of the smokes that really got me turned on to cigars.
tuxpuff is offline   Reply With Quote