Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Good Eats

Old 01-07-2009, 04:23 PM   #21
Cigary

Default Re: Home Made Ice Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19thHole View Post
Ok, I MUST go get Ice Cream. It's 20 degrees out, but this thread is making me so hungry!
LOLOL,,,I know, when I saw the thread I thought the same thing. I keep this ice cream in the freezer all year,,,the best part about this recipe is that it's cheaper than buying store bought ice cream and it's soooo much better.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:37 PM   #22
MikeyC
member of the CA MINYAN

Trading: (11)
Bolivar
MikeyC will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigary View Post
Yeah, it yields a gallon. If you have a freezer that is a gallon and a half just increase everything by a third. Yeah, the Goose is some good stuff,,just add fresh squeezed Texas Ruby Red Grapefruit and you go directly to heaven!
I just toss in a slice of lime.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:17 PM   #23
19thHole

Quote:
LOLOL,,,I know, when I saw the thread I thought the same thing. I keep this ice cream in the freezer all year,,,the best part about this recipe is that it's cheaper than buying store bought ice cream and it's soooo much better.
What do you store it in? Does it stay nice and creamy?
Old 01-07-2009, 09:11 PM   #24
Cigary

Quote:
Good question as I thought about this after I posted it,,,I store it in seal tight tupperware and burp it as you should. After it's been in the freezer and frozen just take it out, ( if its in a quart container ) microwave for a full minute and stir to the consistancy you like and eat. If it's still too frozen nuke it another 30 seconds and stir. After a few times depending on your microwave, you will get the idea as to how long.

Happy eats! I had a bowl tonight,,,and there is a good way to put fruit in there as well,,,some like fresh fruit in their ice cream as I love strawberry,,,for me I will put the fresh strawberries in a blender with some of the mix before freezing it and all the strawberries are in the blend instead of the big berries. If you don't like the big pieces of fruit like me then I suggest you put the fruit in the blender with the mix, blend it all up and then pour into the freezing cannister and make your ice cream. Strawberry, pineapple ( yes, pineapple is amazingly good,,just like they make at the Dole Plantation in Hawaii, peach or other as you have a taste for.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:13 PM   #25
Cigary

Quote:
For those of you who like "creamy" add whipped cream topping to get a more creamy consistancy in your ice cream. I tend to like mine with the consistancy of gillato. I am an ice cream whore,,,,the only ice cream I will eat other than my own is Blue Bell Ice Cream! The rest is shyte,,,IMHO
Old 01-07-2009, 09:15 PM   #26
MikeyC
member of the CA MINYAN

Trading: (11)
Bolivar
MikeyC will become famous soon enough

Quote:
For those of you who like "creamy" add whipped cream topping to get a more creamy consistancy in your ice cream. I tend to like mine with the consistancy of gillato. I am an ice cream whore,,,,the only ice cream I will eat other than my own is Blue Bell Ice Cream! The rest is shyte,,,IMHO
There's an ice cream place not far from my brother's house that is GREAT. It's actually a dairy farm. So, they use REALLY fresh cream/milk in their products.