Old 04-23-2015, 04:50 PM   #161
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: 2015 MLB Thread

Congrats to your guys, Thomas. Sanchez with only a hit and run allowed in 6 1/3, I'm about as happy as one can be with a loss.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 04:58 PM   #162
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Yeah, considering it was cold as $#!+ all the pitching was outstanding, for both teams. I don't think I could have even gripped a baseball.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:05 PM   #163
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Wow. KC was at it again tonight, this time brawling with the CWS. They need to consider changing their name to the Battle Royals.
Old 04-23-2015, 11:02 PM   #164
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

And they won again too. I think they should change their name to the "Kansas City ****suckers".

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 04-24-2015, 11:19 PM   #165
ChicagoWhiteSox

Agreed Tom. Ventura is a loose cannon.

I'll also say that the Sox shouldn't entertain them or retaliate. They just need to focus on winning some gd games.
Old 04-24-2015, 11:39 PM   #166
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

The Sox said all the right things about Ventura, "He's a competitor", "We respect him", but the truth his he seems like a stone jagoff, Nate.

Old 04-24-2015, 11:43 PM   #167
ChicagoWhiteSox

He's a dunce for sure. Just wish the Sox would beat the **** outta them on the scoreboard..
Old 04-24-2015, 11:45 PM   #168
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox View Post
He's a dunce for sure. Just wish the Sox would beat the **** outta them on the scoreboard..
I hear ya, Nate.

Tigers have lost 4 in a row, including their best 2 pitchers to date getting pounded for 8 runs apiece the last 3 days. Usually I'm just worried about the bulpen.

Old 04-24-2015, 11:51 PM   #169
ChicagoWhiteSox

Tigers are in a lot better shape than the South Siders. $hit, they can't even knock in RISP with less than 2 outs. I believe they're the worst in the league. I just don't get it, lots of talent but no results.

I saw Nathan is out. That probably is a good thing opening up a roster spot for a young gun. And yeah, I'd expected the Tigers bullpen to $hit the bed, not the starters!!
Old 04-27-2015, 08:19 PM   #170
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

After a 3-6 start, Yanks have now won 9 of 11, and are in 1st place in the AL East. Yeah, April still has a few days to go, but I figured I'd better brag now . . . it might be my only shot.
Old 04-29-2015, 11:16 AM   #171
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Orioles will play today in an empty stadium due to the riots. Meanwhile Tampa Bay is scrambling to reschedule its upcoming series in Baltimore and will act as host instead, where they are accustomed to playing before empty seats at Tropicana Field.
Old 04-29-2015, 01:21 PM   #172
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Got the game on in the office right now. Eerie.

Old 04-29-2015, 01:57 PM   #173
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Yeah, I found it streaming on MLB.com. Odd indeed. Did you catch that Susyn Waldman quote in the bottom of the 7th? She tweeted from Yankee Stadium that, with 6 runs scored in the first, Buck would never let another fan into Camden Yards.
Old 04-29-2015, 02:33 PM   #174
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Camden did look a little strange today.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 02:40 PM   #175
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
Yeah, I found it streaming on MLB.com. Odd indeed. Did you catch that Susyn Waldman quote in the bottom of the 7th? She tweeted from Yankee Stadium that, with 6 runs scored in the first, Buck would never let another fan into Camden Yards.

Old 04-29-2015, 10:06 PM   #176
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
Camden did look a little strange today.

Chris Davis throwing ball to "fans" at the end of the inning in Baltimore today.

https://twitter.com/drew/status/593500510696574976
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 08:42 PM   #177
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox View Post
Tigers are in a lot better shape than the South Siders. $hit, they can't even knock in RISP with less than 2 outs. I believe they're the worst in the league. I just don't get it, lots of talent but no results.

I saw Nathan is out. That probably is a good thing opening up a roster spot for a young gun. And yeah, I'd expected the Tigers bullpen to $hit the bed, not the starters!!
Not that I wish injury on anyone but I'm glad we have Soria as our closer. He's 9 for 9 and looking good. He's one of the few bright spots, if not the only one, for the Tigers bullpen.

BTW, Miggy is a BEAST.
Old 05-01-2015, 08:38 PM   #178
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Everybody's favorite Yankee hit his 660th home run tonight, tying the mark of Willie Mays for 4th all-time. It was a line-drive shot over The Green Monster, meaning it would have been out of Yellowstone Park. To make it even better, or worse depending on your POV, it was a pinch-hit HR in the 8th that broke a 2-2 tie for the win.
Old 05-01-2015, 10:45 PM   #179
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

I liked Willie Mays better.

Old 05-02-2015, 08:31 AM   #180
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I liked Willie Mays better.
Well it takes all kinds.