Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 05-29-2013, 07:21 AM   #2661
Stevez
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Steve
Trading: (7)
HUpmann
Stevez will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Photography Thread

Great pics guys. Thanks for sharing.
Stevez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:56 AM   #2662
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

OUCH!
Win some, lose some, and I am still not sure where this one stands.
Picked up another D200 used from the Ado, and it's issue was supposed to be "dead pixels on sensor, USB transfer
image errors." Well if there is one thing I have found on Ado's used stuff, it's that you have to take what they say as
being slightly exaggerated, or sometimes likely the complaint of a person who wanted to 'justify' sending it back after
they bought it used in prior weeks. I could care less about USB transfer errors, I use a card reader and pop out the
flash card. The dead pixels?? Unless it is a 5hit-ton of em, no biggie, I have at least 7 that show up on high ISO or
long exposures on my original D200. I paint them out in Photoshop when I have to print a file. So I was ready for this
one's issues and the price was right.

So it comes in today and it is in showroom condition. So right there I am happy. I shoot a few shots in the office,
including a dark shot and a few plain field shots to expose the dead pixels. They may come in the same conditions
my other D200 shows them, but I can't find any in general shot circumstances. So I am doubly happy with the new
addition to my family of useless old bodies. But there WERE issues, one you should be aware of if you are planning
on buying any used bodies from Adorama. I have bought no less than 7 bodies from them over the past 2-3 months,
and in every case, they have "kept the original charger and sent me a crappy chinese wall charger and generic battery."
I wrap that in quotes because I THINK THEY ARE SELLING the chargers I should be getting and giving me these
chinese bits and pieces so they can claim to have included a battery and charger. But it smells like a scam to me.
But I cannot be sure obviously. But if you want a body from them, it might be a good idea to check what they plan
on sending you.

NOW the part that I actually posted for. All the above, sure, no problem. But I always check now, by posting
an out-of-the-camera image on flickr, the shutter count of all the cameras I buy, and while my original purchases
of D70s and D100s yielded a lot of low count cameras, my first D200 had 20k+ actuations and this new one has
SIXTY-NINE THOUSAND+ shutter actuations, lol. You talk about one foot in the grave. This one is a prime example
of people who save all their packaging and take uber-care of their cameras, all the while fundamentally wearing
them out inside. I imagine they get more for them when they sell. The camera LOOKS beautiful, but OUCH.......69,000+
shutter clicks.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:05 PM   #2663
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Film! Ilford HP5+ 400iso film pushed to 800iso
Shot in my "new" Minolta

img338 by emopunker2004, on Flickr

img340 by emopunker2004, on Flickr

img341 by emopunker2004, on Flickr
Old 05-31-2013, 12:31 PM   #2664
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by emopunker2004 View Post
Film! Ilford HP5+ 400iso film pushed to 800iso
Shot in my "new" Minolta

img356 by emopunker2004, on Flickr

img349 by emopunker2004, on Flickr

img347 by emopunker2004, on Flickr
Old 05-31-2013, 03:01 PM   #2665
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Kodak Tri-X

img376 by emopunker2004, on Flickr

img375 by emopunker2004, on Flickr

Not sure where I went wrong here but it turned out kind of cool anyways.

img400 by emopunker2004, on Flickr
Old 05-31-2013, 06:09 PM   #2666
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

First Name: Ron
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
shark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
OUCH!
Win some, lose some, and I am still not sure where this one stands.
Picked up another D200 used from the Ado, and it's issue was supposed to be "dead pixels on sensor, USB transfer
image errors." Well if there is one thing I have found on Ado's used stuff, it's that you have to take what they say as
being slightly exaggerated, or sometimes likely the complaint of a person who wanted to 'justify' sending it back after
they bought it used in prior weeks. I could care less about USB transfer errors, I use a card reader and pop out the
flash card. The dead pixels?? Unless it is a 5hit-ton of em, no biggie, I have at least 7 that show up on high ISO or
long exposures on my original D200. I paint them out in Photoshop when I have to print a file. So I was ready for this
one's issues and the price was right.

So it comes in today and it is in showroom condition. So right there I am happy. I shoot a few shots in the office,
including a dark shot and a few plain field shots to expose the dead pixels. They may come in the same conditions
my other D200 shows them, but I can't find any in general shot circumstances. So I am doubly happy with the new
addition to my family of useless old bodies. But there WERE issues, one you should be aware of if you are planning
on buying any used bodies from Adorama. I have bought no less than 7 bodies from them over the past 2-3 months,
and in every case, they have "kept the original charger and sent me a crappy chinese wall charger and generic battery."
I wrap that in quotes because I THINK THEY ARE SELLING the chargers I should be getting and giving me these
chinese bits and pieces so they can claim to have included a battery and charger. But it smells like a scam to me.
But I cannot be sure obviously. But if you want a body from them, it might be a good idea to check what they plan
on sending you.

NOW the part that I actually posted for. All the above, sure, no problem. But I always check now, by posting
an out-of-the-camera image on flickr, the shutter count of all the cameras I buy, and while my original purchases
of D70s and D100s yielded a lot of low count cameras, my first D200 had 20k+ actuations and this new one has
SIXTY-NINE THOUSAND+ shutter actuations, lol. You talk about one foot in the grave. This one is a prime example
of people who save all their packaging and take uber-care of their cameras, all the while fundamentally wearing
them out inside. I imagine they get more for them when they sell. The camera LOOKS beautiful, but OUCH.......69,000+
shutter clicks.

I got actual Nikon brand chargers and batteries with mine, but no neck strap with the D90. No biggie. My D90 also has only about 27,000 shutter actions. Not bad!
Old 06-01-2013, 06:33 PM   #2667
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

I also do buy the cheapest cameras they offer, so I can use my same old charger for all my batteries, so its cool.
The next camera I get will be another battery type, a D700 I am aiming at. But in no hurry. Out of all the massive
dumba55 numbers of camera bodies I have now, they all take the same battery. So before I get another camera
that doesn't, it's gonna be a D700, but for now I am really happy with my pile of crap. I am really working it lately.
Old 06-01-2013, 06:35 PM   #2668
OLS
Suck It

Justin I think you just found the best 'contest' to have....post up your best accident shots that you might not have shared
heretofore, mostly just because it was a mistake, but you always look at it and think, MAN, but for a focus issue or a framing
issue or some such, you never shared it. Let's go ahead and just make one mandate, that you start your post by saying,
basically, this one was a happy accident. You have a week. Although who would need it. We all know what our best
ALMOST pic is. Now, WHERE it is? That might take a week to resolve.
Old 06-01-2013, 06:38 PM   #2669
OLS
Suck It

I like this one best plus the next one down, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emopunker2004 View Post
Kodak Tri-X

img376 by emopunker2004, on Flickr
Old 06-01-2013, 06:47 PM   #2670
OLS
Suck It

Whoooo?

Old 06-02-2013, 05:50 PM   #2671
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

shark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of light

Old 06-02-2013, 05:50 PM   #2672
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

Old 06-02-2013, 05:51 PM   #2673
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

Old 06-02-2013, 05:58 PM   #2674
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

Old 06-02-2013, 06:00 PM   #2675
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

Old 06-02-2013, 06:01 PM   #2676
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

Old 06-02-2013, 06:02 PM   #2677
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

Old 06-02-2013, 06:03 PM   #2678
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

Old 06-03-2013, 06:01 AM   #2679
OLS
Suck It

8 photos and not a word about where these falls are, lol. Hep a brotha out, shark.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:52 PM   #2680
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

oops!! That's at Cuyahoga Valley National Park, just south of Cleveland, OH