Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 01-05-2010, 08:50 PM   #1
Neuromancer
Will work for Boli GM's

First Name: Marc
Trading: (23)
Bolivar
Neuromancer will become famous soon enoughNeuromancer will become famous soon enough
Default Just got screwed again...

Thanks to this crappy economy I just got notified that my trust fund will not be paying out for the second year in a row...there goes about 1/2 to 3/4 of my planned income for the year up in smoke (literally)...just when ya think it can't get any worse, guess again...it can......I got chest pains just thinking about it...
Old 01-05-2010, 10:16 PM   #2
DrDubzz
Formerly RX2010

First Name: Tim
Trading: (34)
Bolivar AirForce (Active)
DrDubzz has a spectacular aura aboutDrDubzz has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Just got screwed again...

that sucks man, dunno what to say except, sorry and I hope something works out for you
DrDubzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:33 PM   #3
Da Klugs
Juan of 11

First Name: Dave
Trading: (8)
RA
Da Klugs has disabled reputation

Maybe its a sign.. motivation to become a baker.

or at least make your own dough.

Sorry to hear of your decreased cash flow.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:37 PM   #4
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

That sucks!!!

Smoke what you like!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:37 PM   #5
Neuromancer
Will work for Boli GM's

Bolivar
Neuromancer will become famous soon enoughNeuromancer will become famous soon enough

Ya know, normally I don't air this kind of stuff, but with the events of the last two years, Marie's illness and recovery and my illnesses, getting hit like this two years in a row is really getting to me...it's like if I don't tell something to someone my heads gonna explode...this is really getting to me...I didn't expect that when I finally reached my 60's my life would go to hell in a handbasket...thought I had everything pretty well covered and to loose so much because of outside forces really sucks...I just don't know which way to turn to try and get things unstuck...Marie and I were going to get married this year but now that's out (been living together for nine years)...and now I hafta worry what's gonna happen twelve months from now if there's not been a major recovery...how the hell do you start over again at age 63?
Old 01-06-2010, 01:06 AM   #6
Savor the Stick
~Loves the Lord~

First Name: Kevin, or just K
Trading: (67)
Partagas Navy (Served With Honor)
Savor the Stick has disabled reputation

I'll be praying for you Marc that you will get guidance from the Lord.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:51 AM   #7
Neuromancer
Will work for Boli GM's

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savor the Stick View Post
I'll be praying for you Marc that you will get guidance from the Lord.
I think I'm past that point...been up all night trying to figure out what I'm loosing this year and it's 3/4 of my income again...gonna be a real tight year around here...I mean I have some income and Marie's working but we really take a shot in the butt when I loose as much as I did this year and last too...it seems like the only god that pays any attention to me is the god of irony, as he sticks another needle in to see which way I'll jump...not much faith here on this end anymore...not how I thought my 60's would turn out...
Old 01-06-2010, 05:00 AM   #8
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post
I think I'm past that point...been up all night trying to figure out what I'm loosing this year and it's 3/4 of my income again...gonna be a real tight year around here...I mean I have some income and Marie's working but we really take a shot in the butt when I loose as much as I did this year and last too...it seems like the only god that pays any attention to me is the god of irony, as he sticks another needle in to see which way I'll jump...not much faith here on this end anymore...not how I thought my 60's would turn out...
Don't Give Up Hope, Brother. God Is Able, My Friend! Prayers Sent! We Are Always Here For You!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:00 PM   #9
acruce
Just killing Time

First Name: Andy
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
acruce is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear that..
Old 01-06-2010, 03:01 PM   #10
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Sorry to hear brother.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:38 PM   #11
Cigargal
Waiting for SoCal XI

Trading: (25)
Partagas
Cigargal will become famous soon enoughCigargal will become famous soon enough

I feel your pain. I am in the same situation with a trust income(not a big one, but every little bit helps) It was cut in half last year and I haven't heard the status for this year yet. Working two jobs...actually two of the four jobs available in this town and I feel blessed that I have two of them...but they are pt and small pay. I think back to my 20's-this was in the 70's when unemployement was so high, I was out of a job for almost a year and I had to go home and live with my mother for two months after being evicted...ACK!! So I look back at how tough things were then and I know that things can get better now. Be patient, my friend, and trust in God, or your friends, or your family and it will get better.
Cigargal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:19 PM   #12
blugill
Feeling at Home

First Name: Andy
Trading: (10)
blugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of light

I'm sorry to hear of your misfortune brother.
I'll be praying for you and yours.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:55 PM   #13
massphatness
Where's my buffaloooo ...

First Name: Vin
Trading: (206)
ERdM
massphatness has disabled reputation

Cranking up the prayers, brother.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:44 PM   #14
BigFrank
5 3 1

First Name: Frank
Trading: (25)
Partagas
BigFrank will become famous soon enough

Sorry to hear brother.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:53 PM   #15
CBI_2
Have My Own Room

First Name: Paul
Trading: (0)
CBI_2 is a jewel in the roughCBI_2 is a jewel in the roughCBI_2 is a jewel in the rough

Sorry to hear. Hang in there and prayers sent for you, all in similar situations and our country that things improve soon.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:23 PM   #16
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Will keep you in my prayers.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:14 PM   #17
Cigary

It's been a rough year and a half for most everyone and it sounds like you're around my age. This may be small consolation but remember to let your accountant know about your losses so you can claim that on your taxes. We did that on ours and it made the difference about not having to pay any taxes which saved us a few thousand dollars. Get with your money people and get involved with where your money is going, how it's being handled. In this financial year it doesn't appear that being aggressive is the right road to go down. There can still be a financial gain in your portfolio but you may have to settle for 5% instead of what used to be. If your financial guy doesnt have a plan of action for you I'd see about finding a new one before he keeps losing more of your money. Just my 2 cents.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:18 AM   #18
Neuromancer
Will work for Boli GM's

Bolivar

The trust fund doesn't quite work that way...we have no control over it whatsoever...we either get checks the first banking day of every new year or not...if it makes money it pays (which has been just about every year since 1990)...if it doesn't make enough to pay myself and my brothers because of the stock market and the economy (like 2008-9 & 2009-10) the we're just s.o.l...unfortunately it's about 3/4 of my yearly income and where most of my disposable income comes from...as far as the tax guys, it's not taxable so that doesn't do a damn thing for me either when filing taxes...it's tied up and entertwined with all sorts of other investments our father made and the bottom line is it either pays or it doesn't...it's just a crock that just when you think you have yourself covered for your so-called golden years (63) something comes along and takes ya down...it's hard to start over again at 63...
Old 01-07-2010, 05:25 AM   #19
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Hang in there and you'll think of something to support your family. There are opportunities all over the place and this is a great time to start something new. Best of luck!
Old 01-07-2010, 07:03 AM   #20
gettysburgfreak
Patriot

Trading: (2)
RA
gettysburgfreak will become famous soon enoughgettysburgfreak will become famous soon enough

keep your head up, things usually work out for good people. After I got out of college it took me a year and a half before I finally found a job that I could call a career. I had to work for 8 bucks an hour at a sporting goods store.