Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 01-17-2009, 12:43 PM   #181
BC-Axeman

Default Re: The Official Asylum Reef Tank Thread

Looks like really good rock there. Great start. I hope you can avoid all the algae blooms and cyanobacteria I had to endure at the start. Seems like one thing would go away and another would take over. For a while it was these tiny snails, smaller than a BB.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:29 PM   #182
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by darb85 View Post

29G Biocube is here too with Koralia 400GPH power head and 75w Stealth heater.
Where's the pics???
Old 01-17-2009, 01:41 PM   #183
darb85

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Where's the pics???
Tanks empty!

I can take pics of the empty tank if you want, but I figured id unveil it when i start its cycle!

Old 01-17-2009, 02:37 PM   #184
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Tanks empty!

I can take pics of the empty tank if you want, but I figured id unveil it when i start its cycle!

I can't wait that long.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:11 PM   #185
darb85

Quote:
I can't wait that long.
actually with todays readings, it probably wont be to long. 1 ammonia 2 nitrites 3 nitrates. though just might not have started to spike the ammonia Cant remeber which one can be above 0 but still those are promising. evacuated a matis shrimp today, saw the little fugger diggin and dunked him in some fresh water, bastard came out and put the rock back in the tank. suprisingly big, probably 3/4 of an inch. flushed the bastard did the same with the rest of the live rock. chased out a couple of crabs. checked them, are good guys, put em back good news is no aptasia or whatever. at least as far as ive found so far. inspecting them with a magnifying glass. rock is suprisingly good quality. Just orderd 10 LBS more from a store down state, who gave me a much better deal than the local guy and the pics of the stuff they pulled for me is amazing! Also gonna send me some established livesand for me to start up the tank with

Shilia ill try to get pics of the tank soon for your impatient self!
Old 01-17-2009, 03:15 PM   #186
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
actually with todays readings, it probably wont be to long. 1 ammonia 2 nitrites 3 nitrates. though just might not have started to spike the ammonia Cant remeber which one can be above 0 but still those are promising. evacuated a matis shrimp today, saw the little fugger diggin and dunked him in some fresh water, bastard came out and put the rock back in the tank. suprisingly big, probably 3/4 of an inch. flushed the bastard did the same with the rest of the live rock. chased out a couple of crabs. checked them, are good guys, put em back good news is no aptasia or whatever. at least as far as ive found so far. inspecting them with a magnifying glass. rock is suprisingly good quality. Just orderd 10 LBS more from a store down state, who gave me a much better deal than the local guy and the pics of the stuff they pulled for me is amazing! Also gonna send me some established livesand for me to start up the tank with

Shilia ill try to get pics of the tank soon for your impatient self!
w00t!!!
Old 01-17-2009, 03:33 PM   #187
darb85

Tank:

Night lights on:

Day Lights on:

only thing I dont like is that there is no switch for the night lights, always on, but i can kill either one or the other main lights, well both if need be by a switch. so thats kinda annoying but not really.

enjoy the empty tank

oh, new live rock on its way!!
Old 01-17-2009, 03:42 PM   #188
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Thanks for the pics!!!
Those nanocubes are awesome. If I didn't already have my tank I'd love to have one.
A little 12 gallon with a great big anemone and a pair of clowns would be incredibly cool.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:02 PM   #189
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

Trading: (14)
HdM
Wolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the rough

Awesome Tank. I have the same one. I think... 24 gallon aquapod? Thats what I have. Definitely wait on the anemone they are tricky critters. Awesome tank though! Im getting ready to tear mine down and start over. New sand new LR then it will be a FOWLR tank. With a small Snowflake eel, and my maroon clown.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:34 PM   #190
darb85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post
Awesome Tank. I have the same one. I think... 24 gallon aquapod? Thats what I have. Definitely wait on the anemone they are tricky critters. Awesome tank though! Im getting ready to tear mine down and start over. New sand new LR then it will be a FOWLR tank. With a small Snowflake eel, and my maroon clown.
29G Biocube from Oceanis. local guys gave me an awesome price. 250... couldnt beat it, even online!

My dads boss was saying he will give me a breeding pair of black clown fishonce iget it going. SWEET!! Dont know if ill actually breed them but from what i hear, I should because they are quite rare?
anyways,

This is fun!
Old 01-17-2009, 05:11 PM   #191
nozero

Thumbs up Re: The Official Asylum Reef Tank Thread

An absolutely awsome thread! Thanks so, so much for the pictures!
Old 01-17-2009, 06:21 PM   #192
markk96

I am new here.

Here is one of mine.

Old 01-17-2009, 06:33 PM   #193
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

One?
Don't hold out on us!!!
Welcome to the Asylum!
Quote:
Originally Posted by markk96 View Post
I am new here.

Here is one of mine.

Old 01-17-2009, 06:35 PM   #194
darb85

Quote:
One?
Don't hold out on us!!!
Welcome to the Asylum!
you really get off on tank pics..
Old 01-17-2009, 06:44 PM   #195
markk96

LOL guys yeah that one is a 75 gallon.

This is a 120

And then a 210 that was just setup.

Old 01-17-2009, 06:49 PM   #196
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
you really get off on tank pics..
I sure do.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:31 AM   #197
darb85

anybody need some live rock cheap? I found a place thats getting rid of a ton of it for .99. Its been in an established tank for 2 years. Its not premium rock, but its not bad either. was 4.00 a pound but they hav a ton of it and need to get it out. so let me know and Ill get some. GROUP BUY!
Old 01-18-2009, 10:35 AM   #198
BC-Axeman

The nano. I sits it the corner of our main bathroom.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:54 AM   #199
sikk50
Just Bored Really...

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (13)
LGC
sikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of light

That nano is awesome with all that mush! How big is it?

Depending on how bored I get I'll try and post some pics of my 55 later
Old 01-18-2009, 11:06 AM   #200
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

I've been running my diatom filter in my tank for the last couple days. The water is crystal. Some day I'll spend the 1000 bucks to keep it that way all the time.