Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 02-08-2009, 07:15 AM   #61
Stogieman
Herf King

First Name: Charlie
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
Stogieman is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all and yes, the Killer Beans Electric-Chair espresso coffee is on. We had an incredable time yesterday during the Quad State Herf. Here's the link where folks are posting comments:

http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/inde...0&#entry812294

http://lounge.cigarfamily.com/showth...52#post3211507

Today, all I'm gonna do is relax, watch last night's NASCAR Bud-Shootout and then the live Daytona 500 qualifying for next Sunday's race. Have a great day everyone and enjoy.......
Old 02-09-2009, 03:45 AM   #62
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the joe is brewin'. For all of you NASCAR fans, it's Speed Week down in Daytona and things started of hot and heavy already with Kevin Harvick winning the Bud Shootout Saturday evening and then yesterday Martin Truex Jr. & Mark Martin got the 1st and 2nd place starting positions for the Daytona 500. Here's the link for the full stories:

http://www.nascar.com/

For all of you baseball fans, pitchers and catchers report in 4 days. Before we know it, Spring Training will be upon us and the regular season is right around the corner. Anyway, I hope evereyone has a super week and enjoys........
Old 02-10-2009, 04:30 AM   #63
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone and as always, the coffee is on. I had a great day yesterday at work talking with all the great folks from the Warrior Transition Unit that had a chance to attend this past Saturday's Quad State Herf IV. They wanted me to let you all know that they had a great time and that they are indebted to you all. The Commander of the unit, Captain Edwards said that he loved the comaraderie and will be joining us on Thursday evenings. Anyway, I hope all of you have a good day and get to smoke a favorite cigar if the time allows it.........

Oh yeah, 3 days till pitchers and catchers report!!!!
Old 02-11-2009, 04:25 AM   #64
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Talking Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all, the coffee is brewing and it looks like bagels are on this morning's breakfast menu. There's not much going on today except for NASCAR practicing today down in Daytona and a few basketball games. Pitchers and catchers report in 2 days and A-Rod is still making excuses why he took the steroids. I hope everyone has a super "Hump Day" and enjoys a favorite or two or........
Old 02-12-2009, 04:32 AM   #65
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the joe is brewin' and today's the last working day for me as I'm taking off tomorrow to enjoy a 4 day weekend. Well today, we have the two Gatorade Duel 150 qualifying races for Sunday's Daytona 500 that start at 1400 (2pm) on Speed channel. To better explain what the Duel races are about and the line ups, look here:

http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/cu...y-agendas//P1/

Besides that, we are 1 day from pitchers and catchers showing up and that means that Spring Training is right around the corner. Being that today is Thursday, we'll be at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars enjoying a couple of primo sticks and I'm sure that last Saturday's Quad State Herf IV will be the main topic. I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys.......
Old 02-13-2009, 07:40 AM   #66
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and a big TGIF!!!! I took today off to make it a nice 4 day weekend. Last night we had a great time at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars with a full house of S / BOTL. We enjoyed primo sticks and talked about last weekend's Herf. Besides the regulars, Israel (uptown_isy) - becoming a regular , Carlos (Saxjazzman) - also becoming a regular, and Captain Curtis Edwards and his wife (Commander of the Wounded Warriors) and a handful of others from West Point joined in on the fun. Well tonight, Beth and I have reservations for the Black Forest Mill Restaurant in Highland Mill, NY. A quaint Authentic German place with outstanding meals, full line of german beers and a real german umpapa band.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran..._New_York.html

Tomorrow, is a get things done day and then in the afternoon we have a house warming party for one of our nieces. Sunday is the Daytona 500 which starts at 1400 (2pm) and Beth mad a full crock pot of pulled pork bbq and all the fixins. I hope everyone has a great weekend and gets to enjoy a few favorites as well........
Old 02-14-2009, 06:39 AM   #67
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone and as always, the coffee is on. It was a good day yesterday and we had a superb dinner at the Black Forest Mill. I had one of the specials, the SweineHaxen (roasted pig knuckles) over a bed of sauerkraut with potatoe dumpling on the side. Here's a picture of what I'm talking about:

http://ab.id.au/gallery/v/travel/ukd..._2332.jpg.html

Add a couple of cold german tap beers and it was a meal fit for a king. Afterwards, we came home and I watched the NASCAR truck race which was a good one and Todd Bodine won it now 2 years in a row back to back. Today, is another race in Daytona, the Nationwide Series (the old Busch series) and then tomorrow is the Daytona 500 with all the big boys racin'. Beth and I have the house warming party to attend so hopefully my nephews show up and we'll enjoy a cigar on the front porch as the ladies sit around talk in the living room. Anyway, I hope all of you have a great day and enjoy a favorite or two or........
Old 02-15-2009, 11:14 AM   #68
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good day everyone, it's Suday and the Daytona 500 will start in a few hours. Gettin' things ready for that and have a couple of more things to do prior to the drivers start their engines. I hope all of you have a great day and enjoy a primo stick or two......
Old 02-16-2009, 08:00 AM   #69
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the Killer Beans Electric Chair Espesso is on. http://www.killerbeans.com/site/home.html

Well, yesterday's Daytona 500 was a little bit of a let down with a rain shortened finish giving Matt Kenseth in the #17 the win by default. It was a good race up to that point and when the NASCAR officials called it, we were all saying, "what the f**k". Oh well, there's always next week where we'll find the racers in Fontana, CA. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great President's Day and enjoys the day off (hopefully)........
Old 02-17-2009, 03:51 AM   #70
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. Well, it's back to work after a nice 4 day weekend. A few more weeks of this winter weather and then hopefully spring will start to come our way. Not sure about you all but I'm tired of the cold and wish we had some nice 70 degree temps where you can sit out and smoke a favorite ceegar and BBQ at the same time. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week and enjoys a few of your favorites through out it.......
Old 02-18-2009, 03:47 AM   #71
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone and Happy Hump Day. The coffee is on and it looks like bagels are on this morning's breakfast menu. I see that the MLB players are showing up for Spring Training and the big news of course is A-Rod admitting that he took the steroids while he was a Texas Ranger:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=nyy

Not sure what to think of it all, I just hope the press doesn't make a big thing of it and lets the guys concentrate on the game it self.

The weather guessers are calling for a mixture of rain & snow today and I'd rather see the latter as it's gets a little slick out there when the rain decides to freeze up and turn into a sheet of ice:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...ield2=-74.0273

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day, drives safely and enjoy a favorite ceegar if the time permits........
Old 02-19-2009, 03:06 AM   #72
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the joe is brewin'. Well, the snow / rain mixture tried it's hardest to stick around but nothing came of it. Thank god as I'm at that point in the winter wher I'm ready for spring and done with all the shoveling and cleaning off of the cars and such. Anyway, today being Thursday, we'll be at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars this evening enjoying a favorite stogie or two and a beverage as well. If your in the area and have the time, stop on by and join in on the fun. If your not close, I hope you have a great time as well and enjoy.......
Old 02-20-2009, 03:12 AM   #73
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and TGIF!!!! This morning we have a Pandemic Flu Exercise at West Point starting at 0600 so I have to get going soon if I want to be on time. It's definitely a real world possibilty and a great training event / eye opener for the community. I just hate to go in to the Emergency Operations Center so early as it makes the day a long one. As far as last night, we had a good time at Schlesingers with the usual Thursday night group (LouieD, uptown_isy, Kayakin' Dan, rrick57, Mr. Martini, etc.) in full force. We had a good 25 S / BOTL there enjoying primo sticks and talkin' world news. Anyway, I hope all of you have a great weekend and get to enjoy a few of your favorites........
Old 02-20-2009, 03:16 AM   #74
yellowgoat

Default Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning! Sounds like you have a full day ahead of you.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:39 AM   #75
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the Killer Beans Electric Chair Espresso coutesy of Mr. Jerry is on. Today, roughly a dozen of us locals that hang out at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars will be taking a road trip up to Kingston, NY to spend the day with Israel (uptown_isy) at his shop at the Uptown Cigar Company.

http://www.uptowncigar.com/

It should be a great afternoon as the weather looks good; Sunny with a high near 37 degrees:

Tonight, I'll be watching the NASCAR Nationwide series from Fontana, CA relaxing on the sofa and hopefully it's another action packed race as it was last week in Daytona. I hope everyone has a super Saturday and enjoys it as well........
Old 02-22-2009, 06:44 AM   #76
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the joe is brewin' as always. Well we all had a great time up at Israel's (uptown_isy) shop yesterday (Uptown Cigar Company). We smoke some great cigars from the islands, enjoy a few special bottles (variety of port & red wines, silngle malt scotch, variety of microbrew beers), all sorts of coffees, pan after pan of shrimps and then a never ending surplus of steamed clams. About 14 of us went up in total and Isy, Diane, Michelle and the rest of the regulars made us feel very welcome. Thank you all for the day and I'm sure that we'll be up again soon. When I got home, I watched the NASCAR Nationwide series race and Kyle Busch won it and made history to be the 1st ever driver to win two different series races in the same day. He won the NASCAR Camping World Series truck race earlier in the day. I'm not a fan of Busch but congrats goes out to him and the entire Joe Gibbs racing team for making history. Well today is the big boys day, the NASCAR Sprint Cup series racing at 1700 (5pm) EST and I hope Dale Earnhardt Jr. in the #88 Amp / National Guard car does a good job today. It's only the 2nd race of the season but as everyone knows, they all count points wise to be the champ at the end of the season. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day and relaxes with a good smoke and a great meal.......
Old 02-23-2009, 03:50 AM   #77
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. Well, yesterday's race was a long one and Matt Kenseth won it making it two in a row after winning by default last week at Daytona. Next week they'll be in Las Vegas with a start time of 1530 (3:30pm) EST:

http://www.nascar.com/races/tracks/las/index.html

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week and you get to enjoy a few of your favorites along the way.......
Old 02-24-2009, 03:38 AM   #78
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the joe is brewin'. I've got a busy day today with a 4 hour CBRNE class in the morning

https://ccc.apgea.army.mil/courses/In_house/cbrne.htm

and then a couple of meetings in the afternoon. I still have to find some time to get to the Post Office and mail off a couple of packages. I hope everyone has a great Fat Tuesday and enjoys themselves with a few cold ones and a favorite ceegar.......
Old 02-25-2009, 03:46 AM   #79
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and a big "Happy Hump Day" greeting as well as Ash Wednesday. I hope everyone had a good Fat Tuesday in preperation to this year's Lent season. There's not much going on today, the Yankees have thier pre-season opener today against the Blue Jays 1305 (1:05pm) and A-Rod will most likely be the big talk of the game to see how he produces with all the current pressures as of late. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys........

Oh yeah, the coffee is on!!!!!
Old 02-26-2009, 03:53 AM   #80
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. Well, it's that time of the year when one day we'll have a nice one and then the next the weather goes to crap. Here's a quick look at the up coming weekend as well as the link to NOAA's 7 day forcast:

Today: A slight chance of snow before 9am. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 47. South wind between 5 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Friday: Rain, mainly after 3pm. High near 51. Breezy, with a south wind between 11 and 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Saturday: A slight chance of snow before 9am, then a slight chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 43. North wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Sunday: A chance of snow, freezing rain, and sleet before 9am, then a chance of rain, snow, and sleet. Cloudy, with a high near 31. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Anyway, today being Thursday, we'll be at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars this evening enjoying a couple of primo sticks along with great conversation amongst us. If you're local and have the free time, stop on by and join in on the fun. If not in the area, I hope you have a good one as well.......