Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 06-22-2009, 04:48 AM   #221
DougBushBC

Default Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Morning Morning. Good Yankee's Game last night eh?
Old 06-23-2009, 03:56 AM   #222
Stogieman
Herf King

First Name: Charlie
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
Stogieman is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all and as always, the coffee is on. The Yankees had a day off yesterday and will be taking on the Atlanta Braves this evening down in Turner Field in GA at 1900 (7pm). A few of us are going down to see the Mets take on the Cardinals as our boss Joe Colombo is treating us to an evening of baseball in Queens, NY at the new Citi Field. I'll be bringing the cigars for the group and I'm sure we'll stop down at a local bodega for some tastey treats as well. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys........
Old 06-24-2009, 04:01 AM   #223
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Thumbs up Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all and thank goodness for coffee. We got home kinda late from the Mets game last night because of the rain delay and all. It was a good night to hang out with my boss, his nephew and my buddy Bill Latta (Bravo Lima). The Mets didn't fair to well last night and neither did the Yankees down in Atlanta, hopefully they both rebound with a win tonight. I hope everyone has a great "Hump Day" and takes the time to smoke a favorite cigar some time during the day.........
Old 06-25-2009, 04:03 AM   #224
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the joe is brewin'. It's good to see that the Yankees won last night 6 - 4 in Atlanta after our coached got tossed from the game in the 6th. The two teams play one more time tonight at 1900 (7pm) with Andy Pettitte on the mound for the Bombers. Well, since today is Thursday, we'll be at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars this evening enjoying primo sticks and saying fare well to our dear friend and BOTL Carlos (Saxjazzman) that is heading to Fort Benning, GA this coming Monday morning for the next 3 years. So if you have the time and your in the area, stop on by and enjoy a stogie or two with us on this special evening. I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys it as well........
Old 06-26-2009, 03:54 AM   #225
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, TGIF!!!! We had a good time last night enjoying primo sticks with Carlos (Saxjazzman), Lou (LouieD) and all of the Thursday night gang. We wished Sax a safe trip to Fort Benning, GA and told him to stop back when he comes to visit his family in CT. We were watching the Yankees game while we were there and it was quite dramatic for a while with the Bombers ending on the top 11 - 7. Tonight they take on the Mets at the new Citi Field in Queens, NY and hopefully they keep the winning streak going and tighten up the American League East. I hope all of you have a super weekend and enjoy.......

Oh yeah, the coffee is on!!!!
Old 06-27-2009, 05:04 AM   #226
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Well, the Yankees stroked the Mets last night to win 9 - 1 with C. C. Sabathia having a great outing:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=nyy

Tonight they'll be back at it with A.J. Burnett on the mound for the Bombers with a start time of 1910 (7:10pm). There will also be plenty of NASCAR on with the Nationwide Series from Loudon, NH at 1430 (2:30pm) and the Camping World Truck race on at 1730 (5:30pm) from Memphis, TN. Beth and I will be heading over to D's (The Eagle) house for his annual Father's Day / Birthday party this afternoon and I'm sure that it will be a hoot. Anyway, I hope everyone has a super Saturday and gets to enjoy a favorite or two or........
Old 06-28-2009, 08:41 AM   #227
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Talking Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all and yes, the Killer Beans Electric Chair™ Espresso is on!!! We had a great time yesterday at D's party with tons of great food, plenty of cool drinks and a boat load of primo stogies. There was a good 75 to 80 of D's friends there and a large number of them were from Schlesingers. Thanks you very much Israel for that special stick and I'll look into that sale I was talkin' about as well. Well, it was good to see that the Yankees won 5 - 0 with a 1 hitter for A.J. Burnett. Tonight the two teams go at it one more time at 2005 (8:05pm) with Wang on the mound for the Yanks. Today should be another great day filled with BBQ, sports and cigars again. I hope everyone has a relaxing day as well and enjoy........
Old 06-29-2009, 02:15 AM   #228
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is brewing. I got to run soon as we have to be at work at 0500. 1300+ new Cadet candidates show up this morning here at West Point which will make a long day for us. It was good to see the Yankees sweep the Mets last night with a 4 - 2 win and Mariano Riveria got his 500th save. Have a great week everyone and enjoy........
Old 06-30-2009, 03:30 AM   #229
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is brewing as always. Well, today is day 2 of issuing equipment to the new Cadets. Officially, 1297 made it through the 1st day after a few decided not to attend and a couple of others that didn't make it for medical reasons. We have to be in place by 0700 today and probably won't finish until 1800 (6pm). So by the time I get home and relax, the Yankees should be about ready to take on the Mariners this evening which should be a good game to watch. I hope everyone has a great day and gets to enjoy a favorite ceegar some time during it.........
Old 06-30-2009, 11:42 AM   #230
darkninja67

Yankees need a win to keep pace.

GO JOBA!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-01-2009, 03:31 AM   #231
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and I hope you have a great "Hump Day". Today is the last day we issue new equipment / clothing, etc. to the new Cadets. It was a long day yesterday as we started to issue at 0700 (7am) and finished for the day at 1800 (6pm) with only a 20 minute lunch break. It's okay though as the motto here at West Point is, "All for the Corps". Anyway, it was good to see that the Yankees won last night 8 - 5 making it 6 straight. They'll be back at it tonight with the Mariners at 1905 (7:05pm) with Andy Pettitte starting on the mound for the Bombers. I hope all of you have a great day and enjoy it as well........
Old 07-02-2009, 03:50 AM   #232
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. We are done issuing the Corps of new Cadets their initial issue and now it's time for them to learn the basics of the Army. Well, it was good to see the Yankees win again last night making it 7 in a row and the two teams will be back at it again tonight at 1905 (7:05pm). Today being Thursday, we'll be at Schlesinger's Ciagr Bar / Hudson valley Cigars this evening smoking primo sticks and catching up on the world's news. Stop on by if you're close and if you're not, I hope you get to enjoy as well.........
Old 07-03-2009, 06:33 AM   #233
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and as always, the joe is brewin'. We had a great time last at Schlesinger's enjoying primo sticks and exchanging the weeks happenings. We watched the Yankees game and the 7 game win streak came to a halt. The Bombers lost 8 - 4 and they will try to get back on the winning streak starting today against the Blue Jays at 1305 (1:05pm). I hope everyone has a great day and a safe and relaxing 4th of July weekend........
Old 07-04-2009, 05:48 AM   #234
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the Killer Beans Electric Chair™ Espresso is hittin' the spot. It was good to see the Yankees win yesterday 4 - 2 over Toronto and they'll be back at it at 1305 (1:05pm) again today. Also, congrats to Clint Bowyer and RCR for winning the NASCAR Nationwide Series race last night in Daytona. The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series will be racing this evening starting at 1930 (7:30pm) which should be a good one after watchin' last night. Anyway, I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable 4th of July.........
Old 07-06-2009, 03:30 AM   #235
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the joe is brewin'. Well, Saturday and Saunday were both great weather and relaxation days. The 4th was a blast filled with family & friends, primo sticks, tastey treats and cool drinks. The Yanks won both days and the Saturday night NASCAR race ended in a major pile up with Tony Stewart the victor. The Yankees and Blue Jays will meet one more time today at 1305 (1:05pm) and hopefully (knockin' on wood) they keep up the current winning streak they are on. I hope everyone has a great week and gets to enjoy a few favorites through out it.........
Old 07-07-2009, 03:46 AM   #236
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone and yes, the coffee is on. Yesterday at work we enjoyed watching the Yankees attempt to come back from a 7 - 1 deficit only to come up short by one run loosing to the Blue Jays 7 - 6. Tonight they take on the Twins in Minnesota at 2010 (8:10pm) with C.C. Sabathia startin' on the mound for the Bombers. Anyway, I hope all of you have a great day and enjoy........
Old 07-08-2009, 03:46 AM   #237
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. Well, it was good to see that the Yankees routed the Twins in the Metrodome 10 - 2 on the 1st of 3 games scheduled to be played there. Sabathia pitched very well and the bats were spot on. They'll be back at it tonight again at 2010 (8:10pm) with A.J. Burnett starting for the Bombers on the mound. I hope everyone has a great "Hump Day" and gets to enjoy a favorite or two or........
Old 07-09-2009, 04:02 AM   #238
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is brewing and it's hitting the spot. Well, the Bombers won another one last night in the Metrodome 4 - 3 and will finish off the 3 game series today at 1310 (1:10pm) with Alfredo Aceves debuting as a starter. We'll have it on the screen at work and hopefully the Yanks get another "W" today. Since today is Thursday, we'll be at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars this evening enjoying ceegars, cool drinks and exchanging the week's fishing stories. Stop on by if you're close enough to be part of the fun and if you're further away, I hope you enjoy as well.........
Old 07-10-2009, 04:10 AM   #239
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the joe is brewin' and a big TGIF!!! First off, it was great to see the Yankees win yesterday and sweep the Twins in the Metrodome for thier final time ever. The Bombers are now tied with the Red Sox for 1st place in the American League East which is very cool considering we are going to the All-Star break. We take on the Angels this weekend which should be a great match up since the bats are presently hot and the fielding is on it as well. Last night we had a great time smokin' primo sticks and conversing at Schlesinger's / Hudson Valley Cigars with a good crowd of the Thursday night gang. Anyway, I hope all of you have a super weekend and enjoy it with a few of your favorites......
Old 07-11-2009, 07:21 AM   #240
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and as always, the coffee is on. Well the Yankees lost to the Angels last night 10 - 6 and will be back at it out there in Los Angeles at 1610 (4:10pm) as the Fox game of the week. Joey Logano won the NASCAR Nationwide Series race last night in Chicagoland Speedway holding off his team mate Kyle Busch for the victory:

http://www.nascar.com/

Tonight the big boys in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series will be racing at the same location starting at 1930 (7:30pm) which should be a great evening show down. I hope everyone has a super Saturday and gets to enjoy a favorite cigar or two and get some relaxation as well........