Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-28-2014, 10:53 AM   #1
CRIMPS
Benn/Seguin best friends

First Name: Zach
Trading: (50)
RA
CRIMPS is a jewel in the roughCRIMPS is a jewel in the roughCRIMPS is a jewel in the rough
Default The power of marketing

I thought I would share a quick little story with you on the power of marketing and it's impact on me.

I read a review on halfwheel about a new brand, Crux Cigars, coming to market. (I enjoy reading reviews on halfwheel. These guys do a fantastic job.) This cigar and a few of the others piqued my interest (I'm a lancero whore).

I started following Crux Cigars on twitter. They started posting pretty interesting pictures of their manufacturing and distribution process. Not just people smoking their cigars. I really enjoyed seeing what they were doing.

I have no idea if any of their cigars will be any good. IMHO, though, the work they have done to simply build some buzz is working on me. I am definitely looking forward to seeing if the quality of their product will match the hype they have created.

So, the reason why I post this is, how often do you make your purchasing decisions based on something you have never tried? How often do you buy something based on the looks of the band/box?

I definitely judge a book by it's cover from time to time. I find this somewhat comical. I have this small list of cigars I really want to try based entirely off a well designed cigar band. A few of these are:
Herrerra Esteli
Illusione Rothchildes (tried recently)

Conversely, I have definitely stayed away from some cigars, based on the terrible looking bands/appearance. No need to list those here.

Thoughts?