Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Old 04-16-2010, 07:20 AM   #1001
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Losing Weight with Andysutherland

I've jumped off the wagon the past two weeks. I've gained about five pounds...
Gonna take the weekend to eat good and get back to healthy eating and exercise on Monday.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 07:41 AM   #1002
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still hanging around 205. Still a lot higher than I like.
My symptoms have been really bad for the last week, so I don't expect much. When I'm in bad shape I don't eat at all because the pain makes my stomach roll, but as soon as I get a window I eat a lot. Add inactivity to that and it's tough to manage my weight.
It'll all come together shortly, I'm sure.
Old 04-18-2010, 02:49 AM   #1003
pmwz
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (0)
pmwz is on a distinguished road

236.3lbs today. hope to hit 99 kg at the end of may
pmwz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:42 AM   #1004
kayaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
I've jumped off the wagon the past two weeks. I've gained about five pounds...
Gonna take the weekend to eat good and get back to healthy eating and exercise on Monday.
I've gained since my last weigh in too. The last couple of days have been kind of brutal. My brother keeps breaking out the plain ruffled chips with dip.

Need to get this back under control.

Have faith brother, we will persevere.
Old 04-25-2010, 02:00 AM   #1005
pmwz
Adjusting to the Life

233.6 lbs had a couple of high cal days + am pretty happy with my numbers
Old 04-30-2010, 11:52 AM   #1006
Scottw
Going Commando

Trading: (6)
Bolivar
Scottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura about

197 lbs this morning and the size 34's are loose. Looking to get into some 32's soon.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:51 PM   #1007
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottw View Post
197 lbs this morning and the size 34's are loose. Looking to get into some 32's soon.

Insert quote here.
Old 05-02-2010, 01:56 AM   #1008
pmwz
Adjusting to the Life

sunday morning check in 231 lbs. i am working this upcomming week extra hard because i cant work out from the 10th-14th .
i hope that i hit my under 100kg goal this month but its going to be hard.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:45 PM   #1009
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Insert quote here.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:47 PM   #1010
Scottw
Going Commando

Trading: (6)
Bolivar
Scottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura about

198 this morning. not a lot of exercise the past two weeks but eating well and still feeling great. I actually went swimming the other day for the first time in 5 years. That's how bad I felt about the way I looked. I hadn't been in a swimming pool since I was 28.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:48 PM   #1011
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottw View Post
198 this morning. not a lot of exercise the past two weeks but eating well and still feeling great. I actually went swimming the other day for the first time in 5 years. That's how bad I felt about the way I looked. I hadn't been in a swimming pool since I was 28.
Recreational swimming or turning laps? Keep up the good work, Scott.

Insert quote here.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:53 AM   #1012
pmwz
Adjusting to the Life

229lbs. not happy with my number. i ate unhealthy on the 4 day work trip, i couldnt work out.
its going to be hard to get to 220 till the end of the month but i am going to try. alsothink about buying running shoes to run every day before work...
Old 05-17-2010, 10:46 AM   #1013
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmwz View Post
229lbs. not happy with my number. i ate unhealthy on the 4 day work trip, i couldnt work out.
its going to be hard to get to 220 till the end of the month but i am going to try. alsothink about buying running shoes to run every day before work...
Go ahead and buy them. They could make the difference.

I'm not going to report in today and embarass myself, but in three weeks I'll give a full report.
Switching over to low carb as of today for a bit. All lean meats and green veggies. Low carb, high fiber.

Insert quote here.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:55 AM   #1014
fhrblig
Real cars have 3 pedals

First Name: Bob
fhrblig is on a distinguished road

Hello all! I thought I'd get in on this thread seeing as I've just hopped back on the weight-loss bandwagon. I'll give you a bit of background on my situation. About 5 years ago I started Weight Watchers. At the time I was 267 lbs, and my goal weight was around 175. In a span of 8 months, I lost 77 lbs. Then, I lost my job. I got a job as a courier, which made it really difficult to stick to the plan. It took me over a year to lose the last 15 lbs, but I did it. The problem was that by the time I did it, I decided "Hey, I'm done! I don't need to follow the plan anymore!" So, in 3 years, I gained it all back.

So, my starting point is about the same as last time: 266.4. I want to get back to being 175 one year from now, and I think I can do it. I'm not a courier anymore, so it's a bit easier to avoid the drive thru pitfalls. I went back to Weight Watchers about a month ago and had been doing well the first couple of weeks. I'd been walking about 2 miles a day 3 times a week; but then I ramped up the walking too much (3.5 miles every day) and my knees rebelled. I had to rest them for a week, and I'm gingerly getting back into it. Unfortunately, I fell off the healthy eating wagon that week, so I'm at square one. Fortunately, I'm still feeling motivated so starting today everything is back on. Wish me luck, and I will post updates on my progress on Saturdays.

Good luck to everyone!
fhrblig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:12 PM   #1015
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhrblig View Post
Hello all! I thought I'd get in on this thread seeing as I've just hopped back on the weight-loss bandwagon. I'll give you a bit of background on my situation. About 5 years ago I started Weight Watchers. At the time I was 267 lbs, and my goal weight was around 175. In a span of 8 months, I lost 77 lbs. Then, I lost my job. I got a job as a courier, which made it really difficult to stick to the plan. It took me over a year to lose the last 15 lbs, but I did it. The problem was that by the time I did it, I decided "Hey, I'm done! I don't need to follow the plan anymore!" So, in 3 years, I gained it all back.

So, my starting point is about the same as last time: 266.4. I want to get back to being 175 one year from now, and I think I can do it. I'm not a courier anymore, so it's a bit easier to avoid the drive thru pitfalls. I went back to Weight Watchers about a month ago and had been doing well the first couple of weeks. I'd been walking about 2 miles a day 3 times a week; but then I ramped up the walking too much (3.5 miles every day) and my knees rebelled. I had to rest them for a week, and I'm gingerly getting back into it. Unfortunately, I fell off the healthy eating wagon that week, so I'm at square one. Fortunately, I'm still feeling motivated so starting today everything is back on. Wish me luck, and I will post updates on my progress on Saturdays.

Good luck to everyone!
Best of luck to you, and post here often for updates and support!

Insert quote here.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:44 PM   #1016
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I'm as big as a house. I landed at about 215 now, gained a good 20 pounds.
It's gonna be a probelm till I get my meds ironed out. I'm not sweating it. I'll be skinny as a rail by the time summer is over.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:50 PM   #1017
pfm721
I bleed Orange and Blue

First Name: Patrick
Trading: (7)
pfm721 is on a distinguished road

I guess I'll jump in here also. Was between 185-190 all throughout college and now I'm at 240, which is down from 247 from a couple of weeks ago. I'm dieting and working out daily. I'm prepping for a sprint triathlon in September and hope that after all the hard work this summer I'll be down around 210. My ultimate goal would be 200, at 6'2" I feel like that's a reasonable weight for me.
pfm721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:56 AM   #1018
goalie204
Have My Own Room

First Name: Myles
Trading: (12)
Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough

I've been doing weight watchers and watching what i eat for a while now (with some occasional slip ups) - but i finally started walking 9 days ago. First time in my life ive done any activity and stuck to it. I don't hate it anymore, but i still don't love it. Hopefully i can increase the amount over time. To start i am doing around a mile in 20 minutes (> 3.0 MPH) and doing about 1.2 - 1.3 miles every morning. Just starting, but im really trying.
goalie204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:47 AM   #1019
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Good to see some participation again here, as well as some new faces. I switched over yesterday to a low carb diet. I like low carb, but I need to watch my sodium and cholesterol level while I do this. Two omelets today have killed my cholesterol for the day.

Insert quote here.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:15 PM   #1020
fhrblig
Real cars have 3 pedals

First Name: Bob
fhrblig is on a distinguished road

Ok, normally I will try to post my updates in the morning but I had to work today. I weighed myself today and I am at 259.4. (When I weigh in I am fully clothed.) So despite my knee issues and falling off the wagon a bit I haven't lost any ground, in fact I lost 1 pound. I did start walking again at the end of this week and the knees feel good, so I'm excited to be back on track. Hope everyone is keepin' on!
Posted via Mobile Device
fhrblig is offline   Reply With Quote