Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 11:51 AM   #221
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: NHL '10 - '11 Thread

This he was talking about your clip Mike....

Nothing significant last night, just Hartnell being Hartnell IMO....
Old 10-12-2010, 01:23 PM   #222
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Wizzer imitates Sean Avery's mother....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONb5waVYAGM

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 10-12-2010, 01:27 PM   #223
ChicagoWhiteSox

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post

Old 10-12-2010, 01:29 PM   #224
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. View Post
This he was talking about your clip Mike....

Nothing significant last night, just Hartnell being Hartnell IMO....
I watched almost the entire game, and I'm trying to think when Hartnell was being Hartnell (don't get me wrong, I know exactly the type of stuff you're talking about - being an agitator). I know he tried to follow up a rebound and skated recklessly into the net...is that what you're talking about?

The one play I couldn't figure out was the Interference/Unsportsmanlike concurrent penalties with Carter and Anderson. I understand the call as it was a bit of both, but why in the world did they let the play continue and then allow the draw in the Flyers defensive zone? If they were concurrent minors, the draw should have been either at the end of the penalties or the neutral zone. Could have been a big factor.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:52 PM   #225
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourchoice View Post
I watched almost the entire game, and I'm trying to think when Hartnell was being Hartnell (don't get me wrong, I know exactly the type of stuff you're talking about - being an agitator). I know he tried to follow up a rebound and skated recklessly into the net...is that what you're talking about?

The one play I couldn't figure out was the Interference/Unsportsmanlike concurrent penalties with Carter and Anderson. I understand the call as it was a bit of both, but why in the world did they let the play continue and then allow the draw in the Flyers defensive zone? If they were concurrent minors, the draw should have been either at the end of the penalties or the neutral zone. Could have been a big factor.
It was not just the flying through Anderson. He was doing stuff that seemed to get my attention all night. Nothing huge, just little stuff that I would think….what a douche. My original comment was actually after he ran someone at the net after the whistle. Don’t remember who it was, but they didn’t appear to be near enough to Bobrovsky to get his panties in a bunch.

I have no idea what happened with the Interference/unsportsmanship…. I was all ready to go on the powerplay & what would most likely turn into a 6-4 and then they open the door in the Avs penalty box…. I never did see the replay, I was a little agitated....

Yes….why no whistle, letting Anderson go to the bench…??? It was odd….
Old 10-12-2010, 02:06 PM   #226
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Pretty funny stuff. Avery isn't the most popular player in the league (with other players that is).
Old 10-12-2010, 02:29 PM   #227
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of

Quote:

That made my day today since work blows today. No pun intended
Old 10-12-2010, 02:38 PM   #228
ChicagoWhiteSox

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPD6030 View Post
That made my day today since work blows today. No pun intended
Nice one Andrew

Old 10-12-2010, 03:11 PM   #229
lyle23

lets see what the NHL does about that lil gesture done towards avery. everyone flew off the deepend when avery made his comments. granted he shouldnt have said what he said, where he said it, but any man would have said that in his shoes. alot of people including his current coach said there is no place for avery in hockey. as a professional athlete there is no place for what either of them did. but you wont hear much about disciplinary actions cuz this was done by wiezwho? i watched this game yesterday cuz i am a life long rangers fan and i couldnt believe i had seen what weiznewski did.

Old 10-12-2010, 03:25 PM   #230
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Wiz will get a suspension, a Blackhawks defenseman got one for a less-offensive gesture during the preseason.

But saying Avery said what "any man would have said that in his shoes" is bull. I wouldn't have, nor would most of the hockey guys on this thread, but we all have a ton more class than Avery does.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 10-12-2010, 03:26 PM   #231
ChicagoWhiteSox

Quote:
Wiz will get a suspension, a Blackhawks defenseman got one for a less-offensive gesture during the preseason.

But saying Avery said what "any man would have said that in his shoes" is bull. I wouldn't have, nor would most of the hockey guys on this thread, but we all have a ton more class than Avery does.

Old 10-12-2010, 04:35 PM   #232
Prefy
Connoisseur of Pucks

First Name: Matt
Trading: (5)
Bolivar
Prefy will become famous soon enough

Niklas Hjalmarsson suspended for two

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=337210

Suspension makes sense to me...it was an ugly hit but no intent to injure and Hjalmarsson doesn't have a history of being a dirty player.

An unfortunate event that sometimes just happens, hopefully Pominville will make a full recovery.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:04 PM   #233
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Not extremely confident with the Avs going into Detroit who has been waiting for them....

Going to go downstairs, find a nice smoke, head outside and watch through the glass. GO AVS!
Old 10-12-2010, 05:16 PM   #234
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prefy View Post
Niklas Hjalmarsson suspended for two

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=337210

Suspension makes sense to me...it was an ugly hit but no intent to injure and Hjalmarsson doesn't have a history of being a dirty player.

An unfortunate event that sometimes just happens, hopefully Pominville will make a full recovery.
I just watched it on youtube. The first angle they showed (where you could see both players' faces) looked a lot dirtier than the angle from behind where you could see he didn't raise his elbow. Definitely a suspendable hit though, IMHO.

Two games means Hjalmarsson's first game back will be Saturday against...the Sabres. That will be an interesting game to see. I'll be watching baseball though...someone (cough - Tom ) let us know if there is any retribution.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:20 PM   #235
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Nice first for the Avs, minus giving up that quick first goal.....

Go Avs!
Old 10-12-2010, 06:22 PM   #236
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

I didn't think Nik would get more than 1 game, I know he fely bad about the injury. I heard Sabres coach Ruff say he knows that Nik isn't that kind of player, so I don't look for anything but clean, hard checks by the Sabres on him on Saturday.

Old 10-12-2010, 08:19 PM   #237
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Yipper!
Old 10-12-2010, 08:50 PM   #238
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
What did I miss? I love me some douchebagery
The link to the video of Avery getting 'blown off' was in the Smiley

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:53 PM   #239
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
Video Clip of the Year. So Far
Click the Smiley. Guess I shouldn't have hidden it so well huh? Its a slightly different angle than the other posted here, and better quality.

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:00 AM   #240
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

I saw that hit on youtube. IMO it was a dirty hit. The victim didn't have the puck, nor was he even near it. He was hit from behind. The angle Niklas Hjalmarsson may not have a history of this kind of play but it was pretty bad.