Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 12-16-2013, 02:15 PM   #1
Dude Here
I'm the Dude...Man!

First Name: Steve
Trading: (3)
Army (Served With Honor)
Dude Here will become famous soon enough
Default Anyone ever seen this before?

I was checking on the shipping status of a lighter I had ordered and this is what I saw on UPS

Location Date Local Time Activity
Hodgkins, IL, United States 12/16/2013 9:00 A.M. Network disruption due to prior weather conditions, check ups.com for further updates.

Austin, TX, United States 12/16/2013 4:49 A.M. Arrival Scan

Hodgkins, IL, United States 12/13/2013 4:07 P.M. Departure Scan
12/13/2013 8:17 A.M. Arrival Scan

Bethlehem, PA, United States 12/11/2013 11:09 P.M. Departure Scan
12/11/2013 8:36 P.M. Origin Scan

United States 12/11/2013 4:31 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

From the way I'm reading it my package left Hodgkins at 4:07pm on the 13th and arrived in Austin today at 4:49pm. However what I don't understand is this network disruption that occurred in Hodgkins at 9am. Does this mean my package is in Austin now or was there an error in getting it out of Hodgkins?
Old 12-16-2013, 03:01 PM   #2
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone ever seen this before?

Did the lighter arrive in Austin at 4:49? If so, I'd interpret it to mean that the package left Hodgkins sometime on the 13th, but due to "disruptions due to prior weather conditions" subsequent scans failed to register in the system. Also, as the 13th was a Friday, and today is Monday, scans over the weekend may have been skipped.

Hey, I've been tracking a package from Best Buy scheduled to be delivered today (no such luck, however) that hasn't seemed to move since the 11th. I'm in no panic . . . yet. This is the holiday season, and shippers (UPS, FedEx, USPS, whomever) are both overloaded and more interested in getting packages delivered before the 25th than they are in keeping all the paperwork in order, even if said "paperwork" is virtual.