Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 12-03-2013, 08:32 AM   #21
czerbe
Just a Traveling Man

First Name: Corey
Trading: (2)
Partagas
czerbe has a spectacular aura aboutczerbe has a spectacular aura aboutczerbe has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Not sure how I feel about this?

This is what IMHO happens when we have to much Tech. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCPiCeiM3Kc

This happened in my home town at the local mall that I go to when needed.... Maybe if we unplugged a little bit and looked up every once in a while we may actually see whats right in front of us.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:52 AM   #22
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by czerbe View Post
This is what IMHO happens when we have to much Tech. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCPiCeiM3Kc

This happened in my home town at the local mall that I go to when needed.... Maybe if we unplugged a little bit and looked up every once in a while we may actually see whats right in front of us.
Those fountains should be filled with beautiful lava. Aesthetically pleasing, functionally heating the mall, serving purpose to civilization by weeding out the stupid. Win/Win.
Glass 3/4 full.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:55 AM   #23
Marcello
Under the Apple Tree

First Name: Marcello
Trading: (0)
Cuaba
Marcello is on a distinguished road

You know it's funny, I think it's cool, and look forward to one daying seing it all about us, apart from the part where the car/shop technology addresses the lady with her name. 'Good morning Jennifer ... Welcome back Jennifer.' That I find really creepy. It somehoe crosses a line. Anyone else? I suppose I could just turn that particulary setting off.
Marcello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:04 AM   #24
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

The one thing that I think would be a huge advantage of all this tech is to clean things up.
Especially on the road in your car. If traffic signage could be displayed on your windshield in the same kind of way we view it now, all the millions upon millions of roadside signs and reflectors could be removed, doing much to beautify our roads and highways.
It'd be a huge cost savings, too.

The problem I have with all the tech is not really the anonymity aspect, but privacy.
Nobody cares who I am unless I'm doing something that's private. This kind of tech is two-way. It comes in and goes out. It'll take kids 15 minutes to hack it, and video of any part of our lives can and will end up shared with everyone in the world against our wishes. And it ain't gonna be video of me making scrambled eggs.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:09 AM   #25
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
If traffic signage could be displayed on your windshield in the same kind of way we view it now, all the millions upon millions of roadside signs and reflectors could be removed, doing much to beautify our roads and highways.
It'd be a huge cost savings, too.
And the gubmint, for our own good, will ~remove~ all non-compliant cars. Replacing them with the new models that are linked to our DNA. So they can see ~exactly~ where you "subversive" types are. it's really "for the good of the country... and for the chilllllldrun, and the environment....."
Old 12-03-2013, 10:18 AM   #26
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by replicant_argent View Post
And the gubmint, for our own good, will ~remove~ all non-compliant cars. Replacing them with the new models that are linked to our DNA. So they can see ~exactly~ where you "subversive" types are. it's really "for the good of the country... and for the chilllllldrun, and the environment....."
Oh, absolutely, Pete.
And they'll send all your traffic citations right to your cell phone. And they'll be able to smell the dead hookers in the trunk.
I'll just stay home, Amazon will bring me everything I need.
Did you see the last 60 Minutes? They're working on little helicopters so they can deliver your order in under 30 minutes. If I build a conveyor from the helipad to the couch, I'll never have to move again. Nobody is gonna want to watch me stink in HD. I'll be perfectly safe.

Here's that Amazon helicopter deal. It starts at 11:00, but the whole thing is very much worth watching.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:22 AM   #27
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

LGC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZjZbJuhPAo

Those aren't hookers in my trunk.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:25 AM   #28
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

LGC

I want to see the Amazon drones in MN. During the winter. Or duck season. I predict a new teenage sport.
Drone Whacking.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:27 AM   #29
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZjZbJuhPAo

Those aren't hookers in my trunk.
Pull Over.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:33 AM   #30
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
I want to see the Amazon drones in MN. During the winter. Or duck season. I predict a new teenage sport.
Drone Whacking.
I think they think they're pretty safe because they're only flying within a short distance of distribution centers in populated areas.
It don't see it working all that well. Jacob and Eric up the street will order a bag of chips just to throw rocks at it. Or to catch it and tie the cat to it.
I don't have a dime in it, I just want to last long enough so you and I can read the stories. And to make up new ways to mess with them and tell the kids so they can have some good, clean fun.
Okay, it'll be me. But keep a lid on that.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:41 AM   #31
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

LGC

Amazon will become insolvent after the 3D printing replicators take over. Well, except for the delivery of Soma and raw material bricks to feed the printers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohcwksrvDOg
Scott?
Old 12-03-2013, 10:48 AM   #32
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

They're making a 3D printer head for my CNC machine, so I'll be able to step right in where Amazon left off, amass incredible wealth, buy their helicopters at the auction, suspend myself with bungies from said helicopters, and control the world as a giant sun-blotching stench blob in the sky.
Then I'll post video of you taking a dump on the big screen in Times Square. You'll be an instant folk hero.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:52 AM   #33
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

LGC

I'm already an instant folk hero with ~both~ of my friends.

Izzy and Greta.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:53 AM   #34
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Then we're half way there already!!!
Old 12-03-2013, 11:10 AM   #35
dave
Have My Own Room

First Name: Dave
Trading: (15)
Partagas Navy (Retired)
dave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the rough

I'd like to take a peak at the airspace control center for any slightly dense neighborhood. With Amazon, FedEx, Walmart, USPS, 7-11, local retail-reefer-mart, UPS, Big Brother, local pervs, papparazi, local news traffic cams, parking meter maids....... all droning in the same airspace. Gonna be nucknfutz.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:55 AM   #36
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

LGC

Collision avoidance transponders, all else, at your own risk. Self regulating through expense.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:22 PM   #37
Smoqman
Gimme de Liga!

First Name: Joel
Trading: (1)
Smoqman is on a distinguished road

Anonymity = Privacy......
Old 12-03-2013, 01:55 PM   #38
Catfish
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ MO FUGGA!

First Name: David
Trading: (24)
RA
Catfish has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by czerbe View Post
I often say I should have been born in the 50's, life seemed simple, easy, and you could buy CC's I really don't think I would want to live in a world like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v...eZ38&vq=medium

am I alone in this?
As a Florida native, I look at all those magnificent glass walls, glass this, glass that and immediately think of Hurricane Andrew coming along.

From the mid-21st century back to the stone age in less than 12 hours.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:05 PM   #39
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
As a Florida native, I look at all those magnificent glass walls, glass this, glass that and immediately think of Hurricane Andrew coming along.

From the mid-21st century back to the stone age in less than 12 hours.
Didn't you see they're described as "durable"?