Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2018, 10:47 AM   #1
Edeustace
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Ed
Trading: (0)
Navy (Retired)
Edeustace is on a distinguished road
Default Dutch Oven Cooking

Over the holiday weekend, we took a trip over to Mammoth Cave in Kentucky and before leaving I finally ordered a Lodge dutch oven. If you have ever cooked anything in a dutch oven you know, it is hard to beat as I have many fond memories of meals as a kid. It is hard to describe my wife and kids faces as I prepped the pineapple upside down cake. My eight-year-old, of course, had a million questions and assisted in every way he could imagine. When it was done, I flipped it out of the oven, and it was incredible. The next morning my wife said well what else can you make it that thing and I decided on a ranchers breakfast. A rancher's breakfast from what I remembered was sausage and bacon cooked and drained. Then using the grease from the sausage pour in 4-6 cups (depending on oven size) of smashed up tater tots, cover with 6-8 eggs and as much cheese as you like then cover and cook for 20 minutes. It is important to mention that I have always used the method to place eight coals under and 16 coals on top of the lid moving the oven a quarter turn every 10 minutes. The rancher's breakfast came out perfectly.

So what are your favorite recipes?

http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/ereustace/library/
Edeustace is offline   Reply With Quote