Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 01:21 PM   #1201
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all
Default Re: First Firearm Thread.

this made me laugh today
Old 11-13-2009, 06:59 PM   #1202
Roland of Gilead

That was cool! Woulda hit it the first time with an Abrams.

-Mark.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:22 AM   #1203
Mr.Maduro
In Domino Confido

First Name: Patrick
Trading: (83)
HUpmann
Mr.Maduro has disabled reputation

Can someone PM me a link to where I can find out the estimated value for a particular pistol?

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:40 AM   #1204
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Maduro View Post
Can someone PM me a link to where I can find out the estimated value for a particular pistol?

Thanks in advance.
Which pistol? MSRP or real-world value?
Old 11-23-2009, 08:41 AM   #1205
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Gunbroker.com is kind of like e-bay.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:53 AM   #1206
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Here's my face cannon. I love it.

Old 11-23-2009, 10:00 AM   #1207
MTB996
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (1)
Partagas
MTB996 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
Gunbroker.com is kind of like e-bay.
With REALLY high prices.

Gunsamerica.com is a better source for buying firearms (although still not that good in pricing).
Old 11-23-2009, 10:03 AM   #1208
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all

http://www.galleryofguns.com/
That is a great way to see what kind of quote you can get on many goodies. You can search using the Genie, get a quote using your local shops. VERY good way to get a good deal. It if shows in stock, you can get it. Painless.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:36 AM   #1209
floydpink
crazy diamond

Trading: (17)
Cohiba
floydpink has disabled reputation

I went and did it finally. Ordered my dream 9mm gun. Under 13 ozs and built unlike any gun I have ever shot.

I was close to a Seacamp, but ponied up the extra bucks for this....

Should have it by December something.

Not normally a 9mm fan, but after holding one of these and reading raves like this; I figured you only live once and may only get to defend your life once. This thing is no more cumbersome than a cel phone. My jaw did drop when I saw the pricetag, but that's what year end bonuses are for.

"From the philharmonic hall to the fishing trip, the R9 is my constant companion. It’s one great gun!”

~ Terry Tussey, Terry Custom Guns

Last edited by floydpink; 11-23-2009 at 10:41 AM.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:10 AM   #1210
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydpink View Post
I went and did it finally. Ordered my dream 9mm gun. Under 13 ozs and built unlike any gun I have ever shot.

I was close to a Seacamp, but ponied up the extra bucks for this....

Should have it by December something.

Not normally a 9mm fan, but after holding one of these and reading raves like this; I figured you only live once and may only get to defend your life once. This thing is no more cumbersome than a cel phone. My jaw did drop when I saw the pricetag, but that's what year end bonuses are for.

"From the philharmonic hall to the fishing trip, the R9 is my constant companion. It’s one great gun!”

~ Terry Tussey, Terry Custom Guns

That is pricey but awesome!
Old 11-23-2009, 11:51 AM   #1211
Catfish
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ MO FUGGA!

First Name: David
Trading: (24)
RA
Catfish has disabled reputation

I have nothing against people's choices in guns but, I just have no use for something that small right now.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:29 PM   #1212
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Old 11-23-2009, 02:34 PM   #1213
floydpink
crazy diamond

Trading: (17)
Cohiba
floydpink has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
I have nothing against people's choices in guns but, I just have no use for something that small right now.
I agree and also have nothing against people's choice. In fact, I love Glocks, Sigs and even some of the plastic ones.

Problem is, I am 5'8" and living in cargo shorts, they rarely leave the gun vault which is of no use to me. Me carrying a Glock is like a bull in a china shop.

I doubt I'll stop carrying my Airweight wheel gun, but there are times when a small 9mm that works, unlike a Kel Tec, is invaluable for me.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:37 PM   #1214
random0813

After a year of drooling...I finally picked up my XD9 this weekend! I have been fondling this thing like I am 13 again and home sick...

I went to the range today to make put some holes in paper and just my luck - they are closed due to power outage!!!!!!! Well the upshot is, it gave me a chance to pick up a couple hundred more rounds to help me break it in tomorrow (hopefully!)

I have spent the past year renting and borrowing trying to find what gun felt best to me and kept coming back to the various XDs. I just love this gun and completely understand why it has become such a hot commodity in the stores.

Old 11-23-2009, 07:44 PM   #1215
Slavac

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyelizabeth View Post
I want an XDM, but I'm too small to be able to conceal one.

... That is, unless they make a subcompact XDM. God, I hope they do. It's so pretty, and I like the grip a lot better.
Hrm I didn't know this. Looks like I'd best be saving up!

Old 11-23-2009, 11:25 PM   #1216
Opusfxd
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (5)
Bolivar
Opusfxd is on a distinguished road

Like me, hate me, call it a daisy, but I picked up my LCP today. I swear I could conceal this in a flip flop on the beach. I swear my crackberry is bigger.

Now where's that .380 ammo???
Old 11-24-2009, 01:15 AM   #1217
JE3146
Jordan #2

First Name: Jordan
Trading: (26)
Partagas
JE3146 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opusfxd View Post
Like me, hate me, call it a daisy, but I picked up my LCP today. I swear I could conceal this in a flip flop on the beach. I swear my crackberry is bigger.

Now where's that .380 ammo???
The gangster's bought it all up

I usually stray away from .380, but it has it's perks for maximum concealment. Nice pickup
Old 11-30-2009, 11:56 PM   #1218
TheManWithNoName

Cool Re: First Firearm Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydpink View Post
After my Kel Tec P11 experience, I'll trust an aluminum airweight frame on a 642 Smith with my life thank you very much.

The Kel Tec was the biggest piece of junk to ever grace my hands, but there's plenty who will tell you if you dremel the feedramp or send it back to the factory, it will work just fine.
That's a shame. Apparently Kel-Tec finally got the newer pf-9's right, heard good reviews. Would like to support an American company.

Call me crazy, but I feel 110% with my Glock (if I'm crazy, the cops and the FBI must be too. LOL.)

Old 12-01-2009, 04:56 AM   #1219
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManWithNoName View Post
That's a shame. Apparently Kel-Tec finally got the newer pf-9's right, heard good reviews. Would like to support an American company.

Call me crazy, but I feel 110% with my Glock (if I'm crazy, the cops and the FBI must be too. LOL.)
Me too
Old 12-01-2009, 03:39 PM   #1220
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

First Name: Boffa
Trading: (48)
Partagas
HK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of light

This was my "black friday" pickup. Was thinking about getting the .223 but I ended up with the .308 so I could hunt with it. Still deciding on flip-up iron sites or a scope... (it's a Remington R-25) I smoked the mag-50 while playing with my new toy.
Closed Thread