Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 05-17-2014, 09:02 PM   #1
badbriar

Default Liga Privadas...

Had the chance to try a couple of new to me LP sticks, #9 and T52 Robustos, along with one of my favorites, the Undercrown. All three are very different, IMHO. The #9 is a nice dark cigar, almost black. T52 is a rich dark Maduro brown with a beautiful toothy wrapper. Each has a unique aroma that I'm sure is familiar to those who enjoy them regularly. #9 was to me, a bit more expresso and deep dark tobacco with a lingering sweetness on the finish. The T52 seemed to have less sweetness, but more bitter chocolate and bitter expresso. Also was a bit heavier flavor. Both are excellent cigars with superb draw, burn and tons of smoke! Both also held a formidable ash for nearly half the stick.
This may be heresy, but my favorite among the three is the Undercrown in the Corona Viva vitola. Love the tangy, dark, sweetness of the Mexican San Andreas wrapper.
Everyone is correct that the Papas Fritas is not the same as the other LP's, but...no doubt that it is in the family. All excellent cigars. The two premier LP's seem to be cigars that a seasoned cigar aficionado would enjoy more than someone new to cigars. They are definitely a bit stronger in body and have darker tobacco flavors. Just my . All warrant taking time to devote to simply focusing on the experience and enjoying.
Old 05-18-2014, 05:01 AM   #2
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future
Default Re: Liga Privadas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbriar View Post
Had the chance to try a couple of new to me LP sticks, #9 and T52 Robustos, along with one of my favorites, the Undercrown. All three are very different, IMHO. The #9 is a nice dark cigar, almost black. T52 is a rich dark Maduro brown with a beautiful toothy wrapper. Each has a unique aroma that I'm sure is familiar to those who enjoy them regularly. #9 was to me, a bit more expresso and deep dark tobacco with a lingering sweetness on the finish. The T52 seemed to have less sweetness, but more bitter chocolate and bitter expresso. Also was a bit heavier flavor. Both are excellent cigars with superb draw, burn and tons of smoke! Both also held a formidable ash for nearly half the stick.
This may be heresy, but my favorite among the three is the Undercrown in the Corona Viva vitola. Love the tangy, dark, sweetness of the Mexican San Andreas wrapper.
Everyone is correct that the Papas Fritas is not the same as the other LP's, but...no doubt that it is in the family. All excellent cigars. The two premier LP's seem to be cigars that a seasoned cigar aficionado would enjoy more than someone new to cigars. They are definitely a bit stronger in body and have darker tobacco flavors. Just my . All warrant taking time to devote to simply focusing on the experience and enjoying.
Smoked My First T52 In The Belicoso The Other Day. Of Of The Best Cigars I've Ever Had!
longknocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 06:36 AM   #3
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Liga Privadas...

On my list of best NC smokes, the T52 is #3 behind the Padron 1926 Natural and Maduro. It's just an all-around great smoke to me.

The #9...meh. I will say, though, that others on here have said the #9 benefits from some rest time and the longest I've had one in my wineador is about three months. So I need to pick one up and let it nap for a year and re-evaluate.