Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 03-13-2016, 02:08 PM   #1
sikk50
Just Bored Really...

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (13)
LGC
sikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of light
Default 2016 Golf Season

Golf season, for everyone not located in Southern California, is just around the corner. Anybody else getting excited? Who's be playing lately?

Looking forward to a break in the rain, I've replaced all of my woods and hybrids this month and haven't gotten to play the
Old 03-13-2016, 11:15 PM   #2
mahtofire14
Chillin in the Aging Room

First Name: Pete
Trading: (16)
Bolivar
mahtofire14 is a jewel in the roughmahtofire14 is a jewel in the roughmahtofire14 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 2016 Golf Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikk50 View Post
Golf season, for everyone not located in Southern California, is just around the corner. Anybody else getting excited? Who's be playing lately?

Looking forward to a break in the rain, I've replaced all of my woods and hybrids this month and haven't gotten to play the
Haven't gotten out but the courses opened up this weekend. Must be a record up here. I've never seen them open in early March since I've lived in MN. The course that I play my league at is offering a warm up deal to league members so I will probably try and get out this week if it stays warm.
Old 03-14-2016, 03:20 AM   #3
Gabe215
Have My Own Room

First Name: Gabe
Trading: (20)
Gabe215 has a spectacular aura aboutGabe215 has a spectacular aura aboutGabe215 has a spectacular aura about

Weather was in the 70's last week, record highs for Philly. Def got the itch, will be hitting the range this week.
Gabe215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 03:34 AM   #4
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

I Play Basically Year Round In Mobile, But I Admit I Love The Warmer Weather!
Played 12 Holes Yesterday In The Sun!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 04:56 AM   #5
tsolomon
Have My Own Room

First Name: Tom
Trading: (31)
VR
tsolomon has a spectacular aura abouttsolomon has a spectacular aura abouttsolomon has a spectacular aura about

The weather has warmed up here and I'm hoping to hit the range later this week. Put the clubs in the trunk, I'm ready for golf season to start.
tsolomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 11:25 AM   #6
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

I have hit the range twice and got 18 in this past weekend. Played like it was my first round of the year!
yourchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 11:35 AM   #7
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

First Name: Tim
Trading: (52)
Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold

Played two rounds this last weekend. Courses in the area are open, but my home course may be a week or two away, which is probably just as well. The older I get, the less a 40* round appeals to me.
Old 03-14-2016, 12:05 PM   #8
mahtofire14

Bolivar
mahtofire14 is a jewel in the roughmahtofire14 is a jewel in the roughmahtofire14 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14holestogie View Post
Played two rounds this last weekend. Courses in the area are open, but my home course may be a week or two away, which is probably just as well. The older I get, the less a 40* round appeals to me.
I agree with that. Going to be back around the thirties here in the Twin Cities this week. Guess I'll be waiting a little longer.
Old 03-14-2016, 02:41 PM   #9
WhiteMamba
I'm scared of Neil.

First Name: Michael
Trading: (28)
RyJ
WhiteMamba has a spectacular aura aboutWhiteMamba has a spectacular aura aboutWhiteMamba has a spectacular aura about

I was able to get out for a round last week. It was pretty soggy. My ball got plugged a few times both on the green and the fairway. Hopefully in a few weeks everything can dry up a little bit and be nice.
Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Romans 12:10
WhiteMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 03:25 PM   #10
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

At the range the past couple of weekends (with the boy, trying to get him involved (11)) and now that the time has changed, we'll be starting the golf league. Ready. Changed spikes in all three pairs of shoes and cleaned the bag and restocked. I didn't play in January, but have at least one round in every other winter month. December was wickedly pleasant. Had two 78s last year (lowest ever) and had a 34 on a single nine, followed up with a 44 for one of those 78s. Looking for some better stuff this year.
Old 03-17-2016, 07:26 AM   #11
sikk50
Just Bored Really...

LGC
sikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of light

I'm gunna try and play tomorrow. We'll see how I feel after a little range session
Old 03-17-2016, 07:52 AM   #12
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

First Name: Tim
Trading: (52)
Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold

Home course opened on Tuesday, but the rain kept me away. Been too cool to even think about it, but we might give it a shot on Saturday if the temp gets above 40*. Got 8 people lined up, but as the weather reports come in, they're starting to drop already.
Old 03-19-2016, 04:18 PM   #13
sikk50
Just Bored Really...

LGC

Went yesterday. I had a good time by myself. Wasn't rushed by anybody behind me or slowed by anybody in front of me. It was disappointing to see that inspite of my new woods and hybrids I still suck lol. I finally broke down and ordered a lob wedge though, so that will certainly help. Controlling shots onto the green from a few yards with a PW is hit or miss for me.
Old 03-22-2016, 04:53 AM   #14
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Went yesterday. I had a good time by myself. Wasn't rushed by anybody behind me or slowed by anybody in front of me. It was disappointing to see that inspite of my new woods and hybrids I still suck lol. I finally broke down and ordered a lob wedge though, so that will certainly help. Controlling shots onto the green from a few yards with a PW is hit or miss for me.
I Use My Lob Wedge More Than Any Other Club. Bought This Last Year; It's Definitely Saving Me Some Strokes In The Sand And Around The Greens!
http://golf.squaretosquaremethod.com...wJ4aAoXn8P8HAQ
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 05:17 PM   #15
sikk50
Just Bored Really...

LGC

This showed up today. Gunna take it out tomorrow

Old 03-23-2016, 05:59 PM   #16
Padron42
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (8)
Partagas
Padron42 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Looks awesome. Bought a Mack Daddy 2 PM Grind 60 in December and love it.

I went out to try to get a solo round in today at 1 pm but couldn't get on the course it was so busy. I guess the good weather is bringing everyone out. Instead I got a few hours of practicing in on the range and green so probably better for my game but not as fun.
Padron42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 05:18 AM   #17
mahtofire14

Bolivar

Quote:

It's like the Scotty Cameron of wedges......
Old 03-24-2016, 06:53 AM   #18
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

My wife gave me a set of Ping I3 irons as a wedding gift 17 years ago (great gift!), and believe it or not, I never had the clubs regripped, until now. Yesterday I picked up my irons with these:

Chipped around the yard a little bit yesterday and they felt good, but the true test will come next time on the course (hopefully Saturday). Also picked up a box of last year's Bridgestone S330-S balls on sale for $30. Bridgestone's ball selector feature (https://www.bridgestonegolf.com/prod...election-guide) suggested it would be the best ball for me. We shall see!
yourchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 05:18 PM   #19
Flynnster
Life's too short Swishers

Trading: (7)
Flynnster has a spectacular aura aboutFlynnster has a spectacular aura about

Folks are living on a golf course now so I get free golf whenever I want. That plus my new job in sales will hopefully have me on the course very often this year. However right now, it's basically a mud pit so it'll be a bit until they open up.
Flynnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 09:03 PM   #20
sikk50
Just Bored Really...

LGC

Went out today. Cut three strokes off but that doesn't make much difference when you suck as bad as I do lol