Old 08-24-2013, 02:20 PM   #11
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation
Default Re: Being a Hockey Parent

Nice should be interesting to see how the girls hang against boys given the ages of some. Should be a great learning experience for her and the speed increase should be good also.

There was a little drama during hawks tryouts. Two kids I would have liked on the team got snatched by the team M quit last year with the ahole coach. The club didnt register a mite team till after tryouts. This way they could lure kids parents by offering them squirt spots. The club is garbage nobody good stays there past squirt and they lost their main rink last year as the owner turned it into a strip mall. Now they are using a 3/4s size rink. For the peewees and under and possibly a rink an hour away for others. I guess they were scared so they manipulated rules to keep kids whos parents dont understand their kids will ride the bench. Whats worse is both the kids are undersized 2nd year mites and are playing squirts. One is an emotional train wreck because his dad rides a the $ hit out of him. We played games with him this I summer and the kid was constantly crying. Hell at tryouts M literally beat up a kid who was hitting and slashing this kid because he couldn't take care of himself. Yet. Hes going to play squirt? All these nut bag parents thinking their kids going pro. You hear them talk and they are crazy. What is worse was both boys really like each other and wanted to play together.

For us no inline this year. We are doing Hawks Mite travel which is really just a local tournament team and inhouse squirt likely or maybe mite. The Sharks Youth Hockey organization was named one of USA Hockeys four model programs so we dont know if the boys can play up anymore like they allowed in the past.

One thing I have noticed is skating the ramps has greatly improved Ms speed and stamina. He is the fastest kid on his team and two kids that were close to his speed last year are definitely slower now. They did liners last practice and he destroyed everyone not even going all out. At school they had all the kids run a lap and he was the fastest kid in his grade. Not bad.
Ahbroody is offline   Reply With Quote