Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 02-11-2017, 03:54 PM   #1
Hammerhead

Trading: (0)
Hammerhead is on a distinguished road
Default Wireless RH w/ Smartphone app?

Howdy, folks. Been away for a while dealing with life challenges, but knew that you guys and gals here can help answer this question.

Can someone recommend a wireless (Bluetooth or 802.11) Temp/RH sensor that has an Android app that's affordable? I see the 'Sensor Push', but the price is $50 each and that's a tad steep considering others are out there as little as $15 each. Oregon Scientific has one, but it's huge at 6" square, so that's out of the question.

Thanks in advance!
Hammerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 05:13 PM   #2
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation
Default Re: Wireless RH w/ Smartphone app?

I've used the Oregon Scientific models for years, but I recently (within the last 6 months or so) switched to the Sensor Push sensors. I like them a lot. The only advantage to the OS models is that they have a display and you can read them without the app. But, the OS sensors cannot be calibrated while the Sensor Push sensors can.

I use the iOS app, but I assume that the android app has all the same features.

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 09:53 PM   #3
WatchmanUSA
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
WatchmanUSA is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wireless RH w/ Smartphone app?

Just ran into this thread. I have a SensorPush for a couple of months now and I like it. My humidor (from Waxing Moon) is in ky home office in the lower level. Once I wrap the day or on weekends I tend not to go in the office unless I'm choosing a cigar. I like that it warns me with alerts if it goes out of the ranges I have set. I don't have it on WiFi just Bluetooth to the iOS app so I only get readings if I'm home. I was on vacation for a week and the temp went above the upper warning limit. It told me about it when I got home and provided the events and duration by flagging the graph in red when it was above the temp range.

I have also noticed that when the beads go dry humidity holds for a day or two and then begins a slow but visible drop. When I see that drop start I know it's time to add distilled water.