Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 01-01-2011, 02:12 PM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Padron 45th anniversary

This Padron 45th maduro is nicknamed 'little hammer' and that's because José Padron escaped welfare by carpeting with a little hammer he got as a Cuban refugee. The money he made turned into the now well known Padron brand. That same little hammer is in the Padron logo too. The 45th anniversary, created with 10 year old tobacco was created to celebrate the 45 years that Padron is in business. The cigar comes in one size only, 6½x52 and it is extremely box pressed.

The cigar looks fantastic. A nice dark, oily and leathery, wrinkled wrapper and two beautiful bands. The cigar is extremely box pressed, I suspect that this is done with a press in the factory. I smell some leather. The construction feels good and the spicy predraw is great.

I taste a sweet coffee flavor with a herbal spiciness. The sweetness fades away a bit and after an inch I get more herbs next to the coffee and I also taste an earthy flavor. The cigar is less spicy and sweet than at the start.

Halfway I also taste some chocolate on a bed of earth and herbs. The coffee and sweetness have completely disappeared, a little spice remains. The cigar slowly gets more spicy and the herbal flavors grow in strength. Near the end I get a strong pepper flavor.

This cigar lasted me for an hour and forty minutes and I enjoyed every single second. I got a lot of reasonably thick smoke. The pepper and salt colored ash is firm. The burn and draw are great. I got a decent flame while purging. The shape of this cigar makes it easy on the lips. The cigar is full bodied and full flavored.

Would I buy this cigar again? I love this cigar but it's way too expensive.

Appearance: 9 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 8 / 10
Aroma second part: 9 / 10
Aroma third part: 8 / 10
Old 01-01-2011, 02:24 PM   #2
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future
Default Re: Padron 45th anniversary

I would have to agree, Wish I could afford some.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:25 PM   #3
ChicagoWhiteSox

Thanks for the review. Padron makes some of my favorite nc's.
Old 01-01-2011, 04:34 PM   #4
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Damn fine review of a great stick.
Old 01-01-2011, 04:37 PM   #5
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

I have always loved the 45 maduro -- second only to the 80 year maduro and I wish they were a tad less expensive so that I could love more of them...

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 07:09 PM   #6
staminator

This was my first Padron cigar. I will be buying a few more. They are definitely out of my price range, but what the heck. You can't put a price on relaxation and enjoyment!
Old 01-01-2011, 07:54 PM   #7
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Great review, but prolly outside my price range too.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:07 PM   #8
dunng
MassHole

First Name: Greg
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
dunng has disabled reputation

Great review Ferdie!