Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 12-24-2010, 08:51 AM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Casa Magna Colorado torito

The Casa Magna Colorado is a new cigar on the Dutch market and available in several sizes, including this Torito, a 4¾x60 fatty. I smoked the robusto a few months ago thanks to an American friend and the pikito about a week ago and I liked both.

As I already said, this is a short and fat smoke, a bit like Danny DeVito but less annoying. The dark wrapper is shiny and oily with a lot of small veins. The band is nice. The cigar doesn't have a strong odor, I smell a little bit of wood. The construction feels good. The predraw is fine and I taste wood and raisin.

I taste a lot of herbs with some wood and a sweetness. The flavors are creamy and the sweetness disappears. After half an inch I also taste some nuts and chocolate. After an inch I get more wood and chocolate and close the middle of the cigar I get a dark chocolate flavor.

After the middle I don't taste herbs anymore except in the aftertaste. Wood and chocolate are the main flavors. After two thirds I taste nuts with a hint of chocolate but the chocolate disappears. I am left with nuts and herbs.

This cigar lasted me for two hours and I got a lot of smoke that was a bit thin, but not too thin. The construction is wonderful as the light colored ash is mega firm, it didn't break at all. I had to correct the burn a few times. This cigar is full flavored and medium to full bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? I liked the Pikito better

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 9 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 8 / 10
Old 12-24-2010, 11:47 AM   #2
Salvelinus
Have My Own Room

First Name: Brendan
Trading: (12)
Salvelinus will become famous soon enoughSalvelinus will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Casa Magna Colorado torito

The Pikito is a great winter smoke for those of us that have to smoke outside in the cold.
Salvelinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:22 PM   #3
lyle23

These are a great smoke at an even better price. Another great review
Old 12-29-2010, 07:43 AM   #4
bajaraider

I loved this cigar. In my limited cigar experiences, this has been a very unique cigar. Great flavor profile. Now that I have some direction in what that profile is, I may have to pair it with some dark chocolate next time.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:04 AM   #5
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Another fine review Ferdie.