Old 11-07-2009, 03:38 AM   #1
Poronico
Teh Forever Noob

First Name: Jesse
Trading: (5)
Bolivar
Poronico will become famous soon enoughPoronico will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up ABT's ( Picture Intensive )

Atomic Buffalo Turds start to finish. They take a bit of work, but damn are they worth it.

2 packs of bacon
2 bricks of cream cheese
30 jalapenos
large pack of Lil Smokey's sausages
Feta Cheese
Gorgonzola Cheese
Mozzarella Cheese
spice to taste.
High Quality Honey
Brown Sugar

Soften cream cheese in a bowl and mix with 5 oz of Gorgonzola, 3oz of Feta, (Spices I used; Chives, Seasoning Salt, Black Pepper, Cayenne Pepper, Dry Chili Powder, Mongolian Dragon Oil and minced onions) mix all ingredients with a blender and let sit. I usually let anything dealing with cream cheese sit for at least 24 hours so the flavors marry to the fullest, so these are better to prepare ahead of time.

Cut the stem off of the Jalapeno and cut in half Lengthwise. With either a large spoon or pairing knife remove the seeds and the white membrane. The more of the white membrane that is left behind the hotter the ABT will be. Once the peppers are halved it is time to stuff them, either spoon it in which will take you what feel like forever, or cut the corner off of a heavy duty ziplock back and "pipe" it in that way. Make sure not to over stuff them, there will be quite a bit of space being taken up from the Mozzarella and the Smokey. Once they are filled with the cream cheese mixture place a sausage on top and a piece of mozzarella that is cut french fry style about the length of the smokey.

Once the peppers are stuffed the real fun begins, grab some bacon, you will need 2 packs to fulfill this recipe. Cut the bacon in half to double your strips, if you want to have an insane amount of bacon per pepper then feel free to grab 4 packs of bacon and go nuts. The easiest way to wrap the peppers I found was to lay your meat on the cutting board and place the pepper in the middle then fold both ends over the top of the pepper. Make sure when you place the toothpick that hold it all together, you place it in a meaty part of the bacon and not the fat ( the fat will tear easier when cooking and fall apart. )

Once they are wrapped simple line them up on a cookie sheet and coat them in brown sugar, its ok to get a little carried away here because the excess will run off with the melted cheese and fats from the bacon, but you want to have enough to make that nice sweet crust. After topping them with the sugar drizzle honey over the whole batch for that extra bit of sweetness to offset the smokey saltiness.

Bake them at 275 for 1 hour, I highly recommend either a cookie sheet with higher edges or a pyrex container because of the run off from the bacon. Kitchen Fires are not your friend... and just in case you know better than I do... water and bacon grease doesn't mix especially when on fire...
Old 11-07-2009, 03:40 AM   #2
Poronico
Teh Forever Noob

Bolivar
Default Re: ABT's ( Picture Intensive )

Old 11-07-2009, 06:34 AM   #3
SmokinApe
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jeremy
Trading: (35)
Bolivar
SmokinApe has a spectacular aura aboutSmokinApe has a spectacular aura about

They do look good, gonna have to try 'em... I typically will smoke jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon...
SmokinApe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 06:48 AM   #4
str8edg

i will be trying these when I get back to Newfoundland FOR SURE!!

Thanks for sharing brother... great pics
Old 11-07-2009, 06:51 AM   #5
Poronico
Teh Forever Noob

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinApe View Post
They do look good, gonna have to try 'em... I typically will smoke jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon...
Smoking would be great, Unfortunately I live in such a small ass apartment I cant accommodate even a small smoker. I have one of the 20 dollar propane grills and that is pushing the limits for the lack of space I have on my porch.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:16 AM   #6
Scothew
CA Scott #2658

First Name: Scott
Partagas
Scothew will become famous soon enoughScothew will become famous soon enough

Nice variation Jesse! Looks tasty and the suger and honey is something I never thought about.

Check this thread out in the reciepe forum for a few of our attempts at a real similar setup.
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=19108
Scothew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 07:17 AM   #7
leasingthisspace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poronico View Post
Smoking would be great, Unfortunately I live in such a small ass apartment I cant accommodate even a small smoker. I have one of the 20 dollar propane grills and that is pushing the limits for the lack of space I have on my porch.
They make stovetop smokers. I used one about a week ago, it was easy.
Old 11-07-2009, 02:33 PM   #8
Poronico
Teh Forever Noob

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by leasingthisspace View Post
They make stovetop smokers. I used one about a week ago, it was easy.
That might be worth looking into, Thanks for the info
Old 11-11-2009, 12:36 AM   #9
Poronico
Teh Forever Noob

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scothew View Post
Nice variation Jesse! Looks tasty and the suger and honey is something I never thought about.

Check this thread out in the reciepe forum for a few of our attempts at a real similar setup.
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=19108
I never thought about chorizo... that shall be my next recipe, I make some killer chorizo and eggs... i wonder if I can incorporate the two together into an ABT... They could be like breakfast poppers!