Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2013, 07:25 PM   #23
Smokin0808
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
Smokin0808 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Help me pick first humi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashcan Bill View Post
I couldn't agree more. Many folk are perfectly happy to keep their smokes in plastic. Others, like myself, prefer wood. Both work from a utility standpoint, and dollar wise you can get a lot more plastic for your money. But wood has soul. A cooler or wineador is simply functional.

While I have a cabinet for bulk storage, I have two wooden humidors I use for singles. One is a smaller cherry wood unit my wife gave me around twenty years ago. It gets used every day, sits on my desk, and is displayed with pride. It's probably around a 75 count.

Then I have a 350 count on the credenza behind my desk I use for NCs. Decent looking unit I've had for seven years or so. It's just now starting to acquire the lovely smell that older, well used cedar lined humidors have.

So while many prefer plastic, there are also those of us who enjoy a traditional humidor. If you fall into the second camp, buy a good one you'll be proud of in the decades to come.
I think I'll definitely need something with a key, if I plan to keep it for years to come. However, price is still a concern. My favorite is still this:

https://www.cigarextras.com/product/...umidors-Medium

And if not the Thompson's X-Factor, may this:

http://www.premiumhumidors.com/shop/...x-humidor.html
Smokin0808 is offline   Reply With Quote