Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 07:50 PM   #4121
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

First Name: Frank
Trading: (20)
LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all
Default Re: First Firearm Thread.

yeah, that chart has helped me a lot.... but I have a long way to go. No doubt that the pistol is my weaker discipline. (not surprising, it's also the harder of the disciplines, and unlike riding a bike, you DO forget how to shoot it well if you don't practice regularly).
Old 01-09-2013, 08:04 PM   #4122
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all

DAMNIT - Ordered 500rds of cheap .308 ammo last week for .40/rd, on a 2 week backorder. Just got an email saying it will be a 10 week backorder now, same week I'm planning on leaving the country....

LOL... they really don't have a clue when anything is coming in...
I just looked on the site for backorder times on that particular ammo. They sell it in boxes of 20 (backordered till 1/28), 240 (backordered till 8/5!), 500 (backordered till 4/1), and 1000 (backordered till 4/1). Of course, none of those dates are the backorder date of 3/15 that the email sent today quoted me! And since those larger pack sizes are made up of smaller boxes... only one of those dates can be accurate!

Well, I'm putting in the backorder for the 1/28 stuff... but I'll probably have to cancel! I'm gonna be bummed if the rifle shows up with no ammo to shoot from it

Time to see if sgammo has got anything...
DERP, nope... (well, not unless I want to pay .80 a round)

Last edited by spectrrr; 01-09-2013 at 08:13 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:48 PM   #4123
jluck
Way out there

First Name: Jared
Trading: (12)
HdM
jluck will become famous soon enoughjluck will become famous soon enough

I'm looking for a good red dot style sight I want something that still works without battery power, like leupold prisimatic or trijicon tripower. Any other suggestions for me?

Also cost is a factor.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:00 PM   #4124
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

if you want the cheap way to do it without power, you could mount it low enough so it co witnesses the iron sights - assuming you've got folding iron sights.... or irons at all!
Old 01-09-2013, 09:27 PM   #4125
jluck
Way out there

HdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrrr View Post
if you want the cheap way to do it without power, you could mount it low enough so it co witnesses the iron sights - assuming you've got folding iron sights.... or irons at all!
I will try to keep sight of the iron but do want a nice sight. Price is a factor but not an absolute deal breaker. I will end up with the leupold more than likely but wanted some other ideas.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:34 PM   #4126
CigarSquid
AKA Garryyjr

First Name: Garry
Trading: (39)
CigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
DAMNIT - Ordered 500rds of cheap .308 ammo last week for .40/rd, on a 2 week backorder. Just got an email saying it will be a 10 week backorder now, same week I'm planning on leaving the country....

LOL... they really don't have a clue when anything is coming in...
I just looked on the site for backorder times on that particular ammo. They sell it in boxes of 20 (backordered till 1/28), 240 (backordered till 8/5!), 500 (backordered till 4/1), and 1000 (backordered till 4/1). Of course, none of those dates are the backorder date of 3/15 that the email sent today quoted me! And since those larger pack sizes are made up of smaller boxes... only one of those dates can be accurate!

Well, I'm putting in the backorder for the 1/28 stuff... but I'll probably have to cancel! I'm gonna be bummed if the rifle shows up with no ammo to shoot from it

Time to see if sgammo has got anything...
DERP, nope... (well, not unless I want to pay .80 a round)
I hear ya.. Ordered 1000 rounds of 9mm for about .23/rd.. This was Friday/Saturday.. Still waiting to hear on the order/shipping.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:34 PM   #4127
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgop View Post
My brother is an experienced shooter and seemed to go left with most of his shots too, so that's why I thought there may be a bit to it. Not disputing I need more practice though. Will look into the chart for sure though.
It doesnt have much to do with experience. Each gun is different. I'd get some more trigger time behind this specific gun and then make a decision about the sights. Might help to get some snap caps and have someone load your mag up and place in the gun for you. Then when the gun goes click and not bang you can see if your doing something wrong.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:37 PM   #4128
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Francis
http://www.freedommunitions.com/category-s/2038.htm

Jared
You wanting a 1x magnifacation sight? IE no magnification?
Old 01-09-2013, 09:40 PM   #4129
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by emopunker2004 View Post
still too pricy, I'm not willing to pay more than .50/rd for plinker ammo.
Besides, I sacrificed ~1 MOA in accuracy when I got this particular model rifle precisely so that it could shoot the cheap steel cased garbage
Old 01-09-2013, 09:41 PM   #4130
jluck
Way out there

HdM

Quote:
Francis
http://www.freedommunitions.com/category-s/2038.htm

Jared
You wanting a 1x magnifacation sight? IE no magnification?
I want 1x or low powered optic, like 3x at the very most.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:43 PM   #4131
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Are you looking for no battery? The aimpoint pro is like $370-$400 and is 1x and has a battery life of a gazillion hours. Ok it's like 30,000 hours but thats like 3yrs contantly on.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:45 PM   #4132
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Quote:
still too pricy, I'm not willing to pay more than .50/rd for plinker ammo.
Besides, I sacrificed ~1 MOA in accuracy when I got this particular model rifle precisely so that it could shoot the cheap steel cased garbage
mhm and what good does it do you when The Prez enacts a EO and stops all ammo importation? Guess where the steel **** comes from...
Old 01-09-2013, 09:58 PM   #4133
jluck
Way out there

HdM

Quote:
Are you looking for no battery? The aimpoint pro is like $370-$400 and is 1x and has a battery life of a gazillion hours. Ok it's like 30,000 hours but thats like 3yrs contantly on.
I really want something that will still somewhat work with a dead battery, the leupold prismatic has a etched reticle as a fail safe and I figured others must have done similar.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:03 PM   #4134
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

i mean if you got money to burn. but i'd think the aimpoint with 3yr batt life plus flip up irons would work great
Old 01-09-2013, 10:07 PM   #4135
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

Quote:
mhm and what good does it do you when The Prez enacts a EO and stops all ammo importation? Guess where the steel **** comes from...
shush, I can dream, RIGHT? (and in the meantime, my tush is marching to the state capitol on the 19th, I'm not snoozin through this one)

....at that point then, I offer my friend/mentor $$ for his reloading gear, cuz he doesn't shoot matches anymore and might sell

Either way, I strongly prefer rifles that are not picky about the ammo I feed them. Picky eaters don't have a lot of place in my house! Because, you know, if the uhh, zombies ever came, I wouldn't exactly have my choice of ammo, would I?
Old 01-09-2013, 10:11 PM   #4136
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

sweet. i cant go, i'd love to go though
Old 01-09-2013, 10:16 PM   #4137
jluck
Way out there

HdM

Quote:
i mean if you got money to burn. but i'd think the aimpoint with 3yr batt life plus flip up irons would work great
That's why I'm exploring other options, I would rather not pay 500 for a etched piece of glass but will if I have too....maybe.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:16 PM   #4138
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

Quote:
sweet. i cant go, i'd love to go though
I've never done something like that before. But I figure if ever there was something I personally felt worth of it, this is it! that and the day is open for me, and it's onyl a 1.5hr drive, so I don't have much excuse!
Old 01-09-2013, 10:21 PM   #4139
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluck View Post
That's why I'm exploring other options, I would rather not pay 500 for a etched piece of glass but will if I have too....maybe.
$400+ like $75 for a set of Magpul BUIS
Quote:
I've never done something like that before. But I figure if ever there was something I personally felt worth of it, this is it! that and the day is open for me, and it's onyl a 1.5hr drive, so I don't have much excuse!
Oh yeh you're way closer than me
Old 01-10-2013, 02:02 AM   #4140
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Quote:
shush, I can dream, RIGHT? (and in the meantime, my tush is marching to the state capitol on the 19th, I'm not snoozin through this one)

....at that point then, I offer my friend/mentor $$ for his reloading gear, cuz he doesn't shoot matches anymore and might sell

Either way, I strongly prefer rifles that are not picky about the ammo I feed them. Picky eaters don't have a lot of place in my house! Because, you know, if the uhh, zombies ever came, I wouldn't exactly have my choice of ammo, would I?
I love pissing on your parade