Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 06-30-2009, 06:49 PM   #1
Trace63
We're all mad here

First Name: Kamil
Trading: (5)
Partagas
Trace63 is on a distinguished road
Default Im ready to rip USPS's head off...

Yes, this is a rant...
This has been a very crappy month. My summer session at school is going blah. I lost my favorite pair of sunglasses the other week, which is another expense for my upcoming Costa Rica trip. My girlfriend had to have a minor surgery after finding out she has Celiak's disease. And amongst other things, my phone has been crapping out on me for a while now. I finally decided to ship it to Nokia for repairs. Well, I kept putting it off and my warranty expired 2 DAYS before I made the decision to return it. Just my luck. Despite this fact, i sent it in hoping for the best.

Go to the post office on June 23rd. As usual there is a line out the door since all the employees are fcking around in the back laughing and the only two window ladies are taking their sweet time. Screw it, straight to the automated machine. Much easier and quicker anyway.

Hmmm...well packaged box. Wrote the address ON the box and ON the printed label I had just purchased. Got certified mail with an emailed return receipt. Yes, costs double than what I would usually pay, but this is an EXPENSIVE phone. For some reason, my mind assumed insurance comes with certified mail. Mistake numero uno. Other than the employees being total asses, never being informed that I missed a package, etc. shiiping stuff has never been a problem. So, down the hatch it goes.
Priority mail = 2-3 days ---> I shipped to AL.

It is now the 30th and the tracking number is still giving me "accepted" in Brooklyn. Called them to file a complaint. Yata Yata Yata, past all the BS, most likely they lost my package, and I just lost my phone and hundreds of dollars!!!

How the !@#$ do you LOSE a package?!?!?!?! I just do not understand that! And HOW, is USPS not responsible in the least bit? So what that I didnt get insurance? I payed you for a service. A service that you only did not COMPLETE, but royally messed up on!!

I am beyond furious right now. I have no idea what to do....

[/rant]
[replicant_argent] 11:07 am: Wasn't wayne a busboy at the last supper?
[Dooge] 10:49 pm: just judo chopped a fly
Trace63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:18 PM   #2
Barteur
Golf is life

First Name: Eric
Trading: (18)
Cohiba
Barteur will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Im ready to rip USPS's head off...

I would have a VSG tres mystique if I were you

Sorry to hear this, I hope they find it and that your phone company pass it under warranty.

Frenchie
Old 06-30-2009, 07:24 PM   #3
stevieray
Just slacking off

First Name: Steve
Trading: (42)
Bolivar
stevieray has disabled reputation

Well, being a Postal employee I was going to offer help and advice but seeing that Postal employees are all asses I'll just keep my mouth shut..........
Old 06-30-2009, 07:30 PM   #4
BlackDog
Gonna make you groove...

First Name: Warren
Trading: (19)
BlackDog is a jewel in the roughBlackDog is a jewel in the roughBlackDog is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieray View Post
Well, being a Postal employee I was going to offer help and advice but seeing that Postal employees are all asses I'll just keep my mouth shut..........
Can you quote the sentence where the OP says ALL postal employees are asses, as opposed to just the ones in this particular office?
Old 06-30-2009, 07:43 PM   #5
gettysburgfreak
Patriot

Trading: (2)
RA
gettysburgfreak will become famous soon enoughgettysburgfreak will become famous soon enough

I got the impression he was talking about the particular ass clowns in the post office that he went to.

Sorry to hear about your troubles man, hopefully things will work out for you in the end but in the mean time have a cold beer and a nice cigar and think about something good going on in your life.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:01 PM   #6
DougBushBC

Quote:
Give the guy a little break, he is emotionally stressed about a lot of stuff which he mentioned before he started. I think everyone can understand his frustration and any help you may be able to offer would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:09 PM   #7
Barteur
Golf is life

First Name: Eric
Trading: (18)
Cohiba
Barteur will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougBushBC View Post
Give the guy a little break, he is emotionally stressed about a lot of stuff which he mentioned before he started. I think everyone can understand his frustration and any help you may be able to offer would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:10 PM   #8
stevieray
Just slacking off

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDog View Post
Can you quote the sentence where the OP says ALL postal employees are asses, as opposed to just the ones in this particular office?
I can't......I guess some words jumped off the screen at me and rubbed me the wrong way.

To the OP.....

First, while I understand that you paid for priority service, 2-3 days is the average delivery time...not a guarantee. If you mailed it on June 23 it's only been 7 days. I would not think that it's "lost". Just held up in the system right now. I know that might not be what you want to hear....but it's probably reality.

Right now the Postal Service is undergoing major consolidations at many of the processing plants nationwide. Mail that was dispatched and processed down the street is now being shipped say 90 miles away due to consolidation. In my area this has just started this week. New procedures = mistakes. It's not something that you will hear your local PO say...but it's true. Perhaps your piece was missent to another state. Sometimes these things happen. The letters and parcels are read, coded, and sorted by machines. If a machine reads the zip code starting with a 9 instead of a 0 it's going for a coast to coast trip to California instead of Connecticut. If your package was missent you won't see an arrival scan until it hits the correct office.

9 times out of 10 parcels and letters that people think are lost show up within a 10 day period. I would not give up hope that your package will be delivered.

As for not buying insurance......that's on you. No insurance means Post Office not liable. There is no way around that. I have never seen the PO pay someone for a package that wasn't insured.

Hopefully some of this info helps. Who knows...maybe the package will be delivered tomorrow. Good luck.

One more thing to add....If this package was going to a large company things are handled a little differently than residential delivery. Sometimes a company only picks up their mail on certain days of the week. Usually they wait until there is enough to fill a truck and then they pick up. Perhaps this article is sitting at the destination PO and waiting to be picked up. You might want to do a search on the net and find the phone number of that office and try calling them. It might help.

Last edited by stevieray; 06-30-2009 at 08:20 PM.
stevieray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:12 PM   #9
Sauer Grapes
Snatchin' yo people up

Trading: (44)
Cohiba
Sauer Grapes has disabled reputation

Quote:
Plus he's a new yorker... he's already been dealt a bad hand.
Sauer Grapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:26 PM   #10
SeanGAR
Crotchety Geezer

Trading: (3)
SeanGAR has disabled reputation

Quote:
Old 06-30-2009, 08:29 PM   #11
Trace63
We're all mad here

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barteur View Post
I would have a VSG tres mystique if I were you

Frenchie
None of those in my humi. :/ I do have the last stick of my BTT to fire up when I have time though.

Quote:
Thanks man. Cheers to you.

Quote:
I can't......I guess some words jumped off the screen at me and rubbed me the wrong way.

To the OP.....

First, while I understand that you paid for priority service, 2-3 days is the average delivery time...not a guarantee. If you mailed it on June 23 it's only been 7 days. I would not think that it's "lost". Just held up in the system right now. I know that might not be what you want to hear....but it's probably reality.

Right now the Postal Service is undergoing major consolidations at many of the processing plants nationwide. Mail that was dispatched and processed down the street is now being shipped say 90 miles away due to consolidation. In my area this has just started this week. New procedures = mistakes. It's not something that you will hear your local PO say...but it's true. Perhaps your piece was missent to another state. Sometimes these things happen. The letters and parcels are read, coded, and sorted by machines. If a machine reads the zip code starting with a 9 instead of a 0 it's going for a coast to coast trip to California instead of Connecticut. If your package was missent you won't see an arrival scan until it hits the correct office.

9 times out of 10 parcels and letters that people think are lost show up within a 10 day period. I would not give up hope that your package will be delivered.

As for not buying insurance......that's on you. No insurance means Post Office not liable. There is no way around that. I have never seen the PO pay someone for a package that wasn't insured.

Hopefully some of this info helps. Who knows...maybe the package will be delivered tomorrow. Good luck.

One more thing to add....If this package was going to a large company things are handled a little differently than residential delivery. Sometimes a company only picks up their mail on certain days of the week. Usually they wait until there is enough to fill a truck and then they pick up. Perhaps this article is sitting at the destination PO and waiting to be picked up. You might want to do a search on the net and find the phone number of that office and try calling them. It might help.
Thanks a lot! I just figured it was lost since the tracking # doesnt say anything but accepted. On top of that the guy who called me today from the PO gave me this whole lecture, making me believe it was lost.
I'll give it a few more days. Hopefully it shows up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes View Post
Dont be jealous, im just the badass you wish you were
Old 06-30-2009, 08:33 PM   #12
stevieray
Just slacking off

Bolivar

If you want to PM me the certified number I'll run it through my computer at work tomorrow. Can't promise anything but maybe I can see something that somebody else can't.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:42 PM   #13
skullnrose
Ashes,ashes,all fall down

First Name: Scott
Trading: (16)
HUpmann
skullnrose is on a distinguished road

Don't give up hope. I sent a package a month or so ago. Although I addressed it correctly it was returned to me over a month after I mailed It and marked undeliverable. The DC # showed it went to the correct PO but somehow delivery was never made. My local PO wasn't very helpful and had no explanation why it wasn't delivered. Luckily i'm only out the cost of shipping. Hope things workout for you.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:43 PM   #14
TheTraveler
giggity giggitty

First Name: Jonathan
Trading: (12)
MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
TheTraveler has a spectacular aura aboutTheTraveler has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace63 View Post
Dont be jealous, im just the badass you wish you were
Ha! Don't let the massholes hear you say that - in Red Sox country they might take that as a challenge!
Old 06-30-2009, 08:47 PM   #15
RGD.
God Like Status

First Name: Ron
Trading: (1)
VR Army (Served With Honor)
RGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace63 View Post
. . . .

Thanks a lot! I just figured it was lost since the tracking # doesnt say anything but accepted. On top of that the guy who called me today from the PO gave me this whole lecture, making me believe it was lost.
I'll give it a few more days. Hopefully it shows up. . . .

Best bet at this time is just to give it a wait and see. You know I can mail a package from Virginia to say California and it gets there in 3 days. Heaven help though if I mail to one state away - it's going to take every bit of 10 days to get there.

I think we have all been where you are right now at some point. If I have to send something to Verizon I triple photo-copy the receipts - get a Justice of the Peace, Circuit Court judge and 7 non-related eye-witnesses to verify that I sent it via sworn affidavits. And Verizon will still claim they never got it -

I know it's hard - especially when you are already having a bad month - but hang in there and give it some more time.

Ron
RGD. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:20 PM   #16
Trace63
We're all mad here

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTraveler View Post
Ha! Don't let the massholes hear you say that - in Red Sox country they might take that as a challenge!
Hey, for all I know I might be a Masshole myself within 2 years. Hoping to move to Boston for grad school
Old 06-30-2009, 10:07 PM   #17
alley00p
Adopted MassHole

First Name: Charlie
Trading: (41)
Partagas AirForce (Served With Honor)
alley00p has a spectacular aura aboutalley00p has a spectacular aura aboutalley00p has a spectacular aura about

Kamil, I have my fingers crossed, wishing you good luck on this!!

Keep the faith, brother and keep us posted here!!!

Old 07-01-2009, 02:01 AM   #18
Azpostal
Feeling at Home

First Name: Don
Trading: (9)
Army (Served With Honor)
Azpostal is on a distinguished road

Sorry about your bad month and sorry about your package being misplaced. I know it sucks when it happens to you personally. I too work at the P.O. and overall we do a dang good job getting the mail where it needs go 99% of the time. The 1% that doesn't is horrible. Give it time and the package will show up or maybe they already have it and the COMPANY is at fault!
Azpostal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 07:40 AM   #19
WildBlueSooner
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: James
Trading: (19)
AirForce (Served With Honor)
WildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azpostal View Post
Sorry about your bad month and sorry about your package being misplaced. I know it sucks when it happens to you personally. I too work at the P.O. and overall we do a dang good job getting the mail where it needs go 99% of the time. The 1% that doesn't is horrible. Give it time and the package will show up or maybe they already have it and the COMPANY is at fault!

Don is always great at calming down people pissed at USPS..I know he helped me when I ranted. Thanks!
Old 07-01-2009, 08:05 AM   #20
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

First Name: Gerard
Trading: (40)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
kaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to all

Sorry about your shipping problems, Kamil--good thing it was just an expensive phone and not something really important like cigars.

Hope July is better for you than June was!

kaisersozei is offline   Reply With Quote