First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Red's Fans Check in

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post

The Reds won the Stanley Cup?

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 04:58 AM   #1442
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
Dan, who are these Bengals you speak of in your CUT? Do they play baseball? They didn't win the NL Central Division! Go Reds!!!
I changed it!
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 04:20 PM   #1443
ChicagoWhiteSox

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I have two.....

boooo tigers
Old 09-29-2010, 04:24 PM   #1444
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox View Post
boooo tigers
boooo white socks.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 09-29-2010, 04:46 PM   #1445
ChicagoWhiteSox

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
boooo white socks.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:38 PM   #1446
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

boo phils

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 05:53 PM   #1447
ChicagoWhiteSox

boo creepy foot doctor.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELKZ-1yrDJI
Old 09-29-2010, 06:07 PM   #1448
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Anybody seen tonight's lineup? It's full of second and third stringers. I'm all for the boys getting rest, but we still need to work on that overall win record. Sit Rolen, BP, and Votto, but make sure Bruce and Stubbs stay in more often than not right now.

Insert quote here.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:53 PM   #1449
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Anybody seen tonight's lineup? It's full of second and third stringers. I'm all for the boys getting rest, but we still need to work on that overall win record. Sit Rolen, BP, and Votto, but make sure Bruce and Stubbs stay in more often than not right now.
I didn't see the line up. I am sure the 2nd and 3rd stringers were in b/c everyone was hung over. There was a news story showing them all out at a bar last night on the microphone. They said they stayed until 2AM when the bar closed.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:03 PM   #1450
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I didn't see the line up. I am sure the 2nd and 3rd stringers were in b/c everyone was hung over. There was a news story showing them all out at a bar last night on the microphone. They said they stayed until 2AM when the bar closed.
Act like you've been there before. Oh wait, none of them have.
Old 09-30-2010, 01:55 PM   #1451
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post
Act like you've been there before. Oh wait, none of them have.
O Cab and Rolen have.

Insert quote here.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:02 PM   #1452
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

Quote:
O Cab and Rolen have.
Oh snap! Tell him Andy!
Old 09-30-2010, 05:34 PM   #1453
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Oh snap! Tell him Andy!
I didn't mean it as a "tellin' off". I don't really consider him part of the team, but Edmonds has been there too.

Insert quote here.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:49 PM   #1454
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I didn't mean it as a "tellin' off". I don't really consider him part of the team, but Edmonds has been there too.
By in large, the Reds as a team and an orginization have no idea what the playoffs feel like. Hell they haven't had a record over .500 in 10 years. They clinched the weakest division in baseball with 5 games to play and they celebrate like they won the World Series. Act like you know what you are doing. I know they likely know they are getting swept out of the playoffs, but they should at least consider they have more work to do.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:59 PM   #1455
ChicagoWhiteSox

Quote:
By in large, the Reds as a team and an orginization have no idea what the playoffs feel like. Hell they haven't had a record over .500 in 10 years. They clinched the weakest division in baseball with 5 games to play and they celebrate like they won the World Series. Act like you know what you are doing. I know they likely know they are getting swept out of the playoffs, but they should at least consider they have more work to do.
The Reds may not be the best team going into the playoffs, but they made it. That's what counts. They could get swept, or they could sweep. MLB playoffs would be the last game I would bet on

(I would bet against the cubs in playoff baseball though)
Old 09-30-2010, 07:16 PM   #1456
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

Quote:
You said none of the players have been there and you were wrong. At the beginning of the season you said "The Red's aren't good enough to have their own thread each year" and you were wrong.

Lets go Reds! They are putting on a clinic tonight
Old 09-30-2010, 07:40 PM   #1457
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

First Name: Jake
Trading: (17)
Bolivar Navy (Active)
688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice

Good job guys

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big...urn=mlb-273745
688sonarmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 09:22 PM   #1458
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 688sonarmen View Post
When I was watching the celebration live, I was trying to figure out what they were smoking and I guessed LP #9. Sure enough, I looked at a close up picture and they have Liga Privada #9's
Old 09-30-2010, 11:19 PM   #1459
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Please sweep the Brewers.

Old 10-01-2010, 12:34 AM   #1460
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

Quote:
You said none of the players have been there and you were wrong. At the beginning of the season you said "The Red's aren't good enough to have their own thread each year" and you were wrong.

Lets go Reds! They are putting on a clinic tonight
They aren't good enough for their own thread each season. No other team has a new thread every season. The last thing we need is another thread you start so you can post smilies for your post count.

They won the weakest division in baseball and you are ready to give them the World Series trophy. Its a good thing that Andy and I can actually be objective sports fans and have some knowledge of the game, otherwise this thread would be about 89 "Reds win! Reds Win! " posts. I know you will always be a homer, but try to take off the 'Greater Midwest Area Fan Glasses' once in a while. And we won't even get started on your sports predictions. I was wrong ~160 games ago, they won a bad division this year, I am not worried about it, they still don't seem to be the great unbeatable team you make them out to be.