Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 01-04-2014, 12:23 PM   #81
massphatness
Where's my buffaloooo ...

First Name: Vin
Trading: (206)
ERdM
massphatness has disabled reputation
Default Re: When did bombing become an announced event?

(sorry Huy) I probably should have changed my screen name to MassFATness after that happiness.

Bomb as you see fit, no doubt, but bomb for the right reason: to show a brother he's thought of and cared about. There are times, not always - but times, when I'll read a bomb thread/launch announcement and come away feeling that it has nothing whatsoever to do with the target and everything to do with the sender trying for the ooh & ahh factor. I know this feeling well because I was guilty of it more than once at the old place. I wanted to be seen as a standup gorilla. I didn't care who I targeted; just so long as everyone knew I was about to lay the smack down. It took a while for me to adjust my thinking. I may announce a bomb every now and again these days, but more often I like to attack from stealth mode. There's something to be said for shock and awe, to be sure, but like the snipers say, "If you heard the shot, it wasn't meant for you."
Posted via Mobile Device
massphatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:11 PM   #82
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

This is why I enjoyed the newbie trade thread, you could bomb the heck out of someone new to the asylum and sometimes quite new to the world of cigars and really blow them away, personally I really enjoy that. I remember getting my first package from there and I was left seriously shocked and overwhelmed at the person's generosity, not to mention getting to try a couple of handfulls of new sticks I've never seen in my local B&M.
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:56 PM   #83
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenksAnejo View Post
Certificate of ***** Slapedness
That made me lol for real. I'm still giggling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourchoice View Post
The answer is, when people started announcing bombs.

I've been on the forums for about 8 years or so (predominately here, and before that, CS). I think some bombs have always been announced (since I've been active). Here, I can say that's definitely the case. Organize the Bombs Forum by date in descending order and you'll see "announced bombs" within the first week of CA's creation. I really don't want to go back to the other place to do further research.

Is the percentage of bombs that are announced higher than before? Probably. But to an extent, some bombs have always been announced, here at CA anyway.

I could say more, but I keep deleting what I type...that usually means I shouldn't post it. I urge others to do similarly.
Good job, Joel. Right on the money, too. As long as I've seen bombs flying, I've seen some of them announced.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:34 PM   #84
MUNKY
Resident Pig Hunter

First Name: Brandon
Trading: (19)
Partagas Navy (Served With Honor)
MUNKY will become famous soon enoughMUNKY will become famous soon enough

I do it for the loll's, some with warning, some without, most just because you guys here have opened your house and let me sit down and eat with you...breaking bread with great people and awesome company. I truly hope there wasn't a rule about giving a warning because quite frankly my clown is awesome....

Old 01-10-2014, 11:05 PM   #85
Lockspur
Have My Own Room

First Name: Scotty
Trading: (31)
Lockspur is just really niceLockspur is just really niceLockspur is just really niceLockspur is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUNKY View Post
I do it for the loll's, some with warning, some without, most just because you guys here have opened your house and let me sit down and eat with you...breaking bread with great people and awesome company. I truly hope there wasn't a rule about giving a warning because quite frankly my clown is awesome....

Ahem. YOUR clown??.

Proud member of the GMCGTPWHAFA
Lockspur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:55 AM   #86
Lockspur
Have My Own Room

First Name: Scotty
Trading: (31)
Lockspur is just really niceLockspur is just really niceLockspur is just really niceLockspur is just really nice

My apologies, my link is to an old thread...not a recent one. Just a proviso.

Proud member of the GMCGTPWHAFA
Lockspur is offline   Reply With Quote